Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 22:33   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Ranbir 'Chaplin' Kapoor was awesome throughout the movie, in both comic and serious scenes, with not a single word of dialogue! Ileana, inspite of having the most dialogues conveyed all emotions beautifully through her eyes and Priyanka, through her many tiny actions. All three were great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Excellently portrayed by Ranbir and accompanied by the cutesy Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Barfi

Ranbeer kapur is brilliant, and is somehow becoming a lot like Amitabh Bacchan when in comedy mode(anyone else?), and priyanka chopra has shot an apt representation of living with autism(Don't think of it as "overacting". Trust me, its true enough, and i speak from experience.).
I agree with all reviews. What a spell binding movie filled with melodious music, awesome location great acting.

Apart from RK, PC and Ilena, i felt the inspector's acting was awesome too and was at par with others. The chase scenes between Saurabh shukla and Ranbir were funny and took the film graph to all time high. Daji was awesome too in a small role.
Old 18th September 2012, 02:11   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I agree with all reviews. What a spell binding movie filled with melodious music, awesome location great acting.

Apart from RK, PC and Ilena, i felt the inspector's acting was awesome too and was at par with others. The chase scenes between Saurabh shukla and Ranbir were funny and took the film graph to all time high. Daji was awesome too in a small role.
Let me add that this movie will be a treat for all Fiat lovers. You can see Millicentos, a LHD Fiat & a Fiat Safari.
Old 18th September 2012, 16:29   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Barfi

Verdict - 4/5. A MUST WATCH.

A sweet simple tale of a deaf mute guy's life and love. Though the movie is at least 20-25 minutes too long, it is a very nicely shot, acted and written movie.

Ranbir Kapoor proves that there is vast difference between him and the rest of the brat pack. He is superb as Barfi !

Ileana makes a confident debut, plays it mature though her make up when she turns old could have been better

Priyanka Chopra - She totally zapped me by her performance, stunned me. As an autistic girl - her look, mannerisms ...absolutely spot on. No other "Heroine" can win the best actress award now.

The music complements the look and feel of the movie. The supporting cast is in good form too.

Go watch it. It's a movie that you have to feel, not watch.

I had a lump in my throat and a few tears in my eyes at a couple of superbly shot sequences.

ps - On a Monday night, last show was 95 % full. Good to see people lapping up different kind of movies.

pps - Has Shirish Kunder watched this yet ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 18th September 2012 at 16:31.
Old 18th September 2012, 16:38   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Let me add that this movie will be a treat for all Fiat lovers. You can see Millicentos, a LHD Fiat & a Fiat Safari.
Glad that someone finally noticed it.

Coming to the movie, what more can I say in its appreciation other than the fact that I watched it thrice over the weekend. And probably once more this week. I loved every bit of the movie. I think noone other than Ranbir and Priyanka would have done justice to their respective roles. Hats off to them. Funnily they arrived for shooting the same day as I was leaving.

Ranbir's acting with each movie is just getting better and better. Rajneeti, Rockstar and Barfi all show how he has matured from chocolate boy roles to bigger and better ones.

Barfi gets 4.5/5 in my book and it deserves it. The cinematography was good. People have been talking about the similarity to the movie "The Notebook". I've watched both the movies. Notebook only once and Barfi thrice already and haven't got bored as of now. The movie is just lovely.

I just wish Life was as simplistic as shown in the movie.
Old 19th September 2012, 01:36   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Barfi is undoubtedly the BESTest movie of the year. Its Ranbir's show, all the way. This young guy has already matured as a brilliant actor! Priyanka was perfect in her role. The National Awards for the Best Actor and Actress is almost confirmed! I've seen Ileana in many glamorous roles earlier but this is her career best role. What a debut in Bollywood! Music was good and BGM added to the effectiveness of certain scenes. Cinematography is excellant. Hats off to Anurag Basu for this wonderful movie. He treated a serious subject in a colourful, entertaining way which would have otherwise ended up like a typical offbeat movie.
Old 19th September 2012, 14:58   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Well Anurag Basu had to make a comeback after the disaster named KITES!!Now we all know why Kites bombed:P thanks to a certain gentleman father who wanted to show the world how great an actor his son was.Poor Basu.Also Basu has stuck to the Life in a Metro theme of having musicians appearing in the frame the moment there is a song-Lovely.

As for a movie-speechless.What a movie,even to conceptualise and perceive the frames and the actions and reactions from his actors the way it has come onscreen-mind blowing.

Priyanka's second role in Bollywood that she wouldnt ever forget-the 1st being IMO the one in Fashion(the last scene where a tear droplet just stays in her eye was superb)

Ileana shows the world what she is capable of,much much more versatile as compared to her contemporary who took the leap from Telugu to Hindi-Genelia.

Ranbir-Take a bow.

Saurabh Shukla-was he acting or living out the role?

Tourism to Darjeeling is going to increase 10 fold now,stunning locations.Mani Ratnam did the unconventional thing of looking north east for Dil Se,then came Parineeta but people did not get to see much of the north east and now this.
Old 21st September 2012, 00:09   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Watched Barfi

What a brilliant movie, when the movie started it was kind of slow, funny yet slow but it is after a while that the picks up & then you are just glued to your seat.

Brilliant performances by all actors but it is movies like these where the Writer/ScreenPlay/Director outshines the cast. I mean how do you make a Movie with top actors & give them hardly any dialogues, yet make it Funny & Sensitive at the same time. Sheer brilliance.

4/5

p.s. Read this joke on FB

2 Line Barfi Review - Real life story of every couple. Mute Husband, mad Wife
Old 22nd September 2012, 01:59   #2078
Team-BHP Support

Heroine

Heroine - A review

A lot of of movies get made in bollywood.
Movies of many types, of many flavors.

Out of that "lot of movies", there are some movies, which are a question. They shake your very soul, with the question.
The question is so powerful, that it consumes you.
All you can think of is the question.
It becomes the driving force. Forcing your neurons to fire continuously, looking for an answer. The answer which eludes.
The answer which does not exist.

Such is the power of this question. And this question lends power to the movie.

Ever since I saw the movie, I also have been consumed and shaken by the question.

"WHY DID I SPEND 382 Rs."
Old 22nd September 2012, 02:43   #2079
BHPian

Re: Heroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Heroine - A review

Out of that "lot of movies", there are some movies, which are a question. They shake your very soul, with the question.
It becomes the driving force. Forcing your neurons to fire continuously, looking for an answer. The answer which eludes.

Ever since I saw the movie, I also have been consumed and shaken by the question.

What a brilliant review!
The way you described your feelings, I am going to avoid this pathetic flick now. Thanks for saving me!
Old 22nd September 2012, 06:19   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Heroine - A review

Brilliant. Damn I read the last line before reading the entire post .
Old 22nd September 2012, 15:28   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heroine - A review

HAHAHAHAHA...
This has to be undoubtedly the wittiest review i had seen till now.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:59   #2082
BHPian

Barfi is a nice movie, but flawed in many ways. Its been made to make us laugh at the cost of so many flaws. Here is a movie that had such a potential but bowed down to commercial interests. For example, where did he find a bottle of soap water to blow bubbles? Sometimes the scenes get stretched and get boring. Why does he kiss her then blame her for kissing?

A little bit of polishing would have made it something else.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:31   #2083
BHPian

Well, I did the mistake and wasted 350 bucks watching Heroine. Went to watch Barfi but Houseful so gf bought tickets of Heroine instead.
Really a pathetic crap movie. Acting was great by all the actors but couldn't save the movie. The film was seriously damn boring and I almost fell asleep twice while watching it. A very negative minded film, looked like being an actress in Bollywood is like deciding to hang yourself! Really what was Madhur Bandharkar thinking before making this flick! Never expected his film would be such a crap. Was BORING, IRRITATING and VERY PREDICTABLE. The ending made the flick worse. How can a bollywood actress suddenly get disappeared and people doesn't recognize her in foreign countries. A complete bull ****. Seriously the worst movie of the year. If you still want to watch it then well just watch it for the brilliant acting and glamour that's it.

My Rating: 0.5/5
Old 25th September 2012, 12:59   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Barfi - 4.5/5
Watch this and you will come of the theaters feeling relaxed and calm.

Heroine - 0/5
Watch this and you will come all irritated and frustrated and you are sure to pick a fight if someone cuts you from the left
Old 25th September 2012, 16:37   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Barfi for Oscars-IMO bad decision.In my opinion Paan Singh Tomar should have gone for it.Not that the Oscars is the last laugh,but nevertheless Barfi's concept,acting or story is nothing new to international viewers while an original script(something that has not been "inspired") like PST would have captured anybody's imagination,just the way Lagaan did.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks