Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 15:24   #1321
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I saw it, its indeed very interesting movie. Have to applaud the director to come up with such a simplistic but great movie. I think the director is the script writer.

A must watch. Different, realistic yet funny at times. No songs makes it even better

Rajat kapoor (IIRC) is the heart of the film after the script. Laudable acting by him ably supported by other star cast. Good to see Neha Dhupia in a different role and completely clad in outfit for once.

4.5/5
Its a must watch !!! Every one in the movie has acted well. Rajat Kapoor and Sanjay Mishra ( Apple Singh) were awesome. Even Neha Dhupia has done a great job. There are no PJs no B grade jokes. The actors will make you laugh without making an effort ( which was the case with Golmaal -3, where every one was trying hard to make the audience laugh).

IMDB Rating: 8/10
Sam_Boy Rating: 9/10

Go for it.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:33   #1322
BHPian

No Problem - Give it a miss.Nonsense film.

Break ke Baad - May be a 2.5/5
The story and the director seem confused.

Guzarish - Hritik is a master of his art.No matter what the critics say,this is a class act.

Watched Jackie(kannada) as well.No decent story line but I guess this is a super hit here
Old 25th December 2010, 08:46   #1323
BANNED

Tees Maar Khaan - review

1) Everyone in the Theatre, including me, came out laughing.

Why....?

They could not fathom the fact, fully disbelieving on how they could ever decide to commit such a henious crime, of even thinking of seeing this insanely Horrendous movie.

2) Total paisa Vasool......

Why

They did not refund my ticket money

My kid of 4.5 yrs, came out and said, Dad, We should have gone and watched "Khichdi" once again....

Verdict -STRICTLY AVOIDABLE .
Old 25th December 2010, 09:01   #1324
Senior - BHPian

It is expected from a movie (thrash) maker like Farah Khan. Still I am ready to spend money to see Katrina dance. Looks like she worked hard to become a good dancer. Like other Farah movies, another big hit?
Old 25th December 2010, 16:05   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It is expected from a movie (thrash) maker like Farah Khan. Still I am ready to spend money to see Katrina dance. Looks like she worked hard to become a good dancer. Like other Farah movies, another big hit?
Go to you tube and watch the dance for free
I was fully expecting this from an akshay kumar movie + farah khan as director. Glad to save the time and money!
Yet to come across one person who liked it!
Old 25th December 2010, 16:12   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Tees Maar Khan

I went to the theatre with Cousins and was out in 30 minutes with a terrible headache!

But I think it will be a hit !
Old 25th December 2010, 17:29   #1327
BANNED

Re: Tees Maar Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I went to the theatre with Cousins and was out in 30 minutes with a terrible headache!

But I think it will be a hit !
Good for you and your cousins who came out of the theatre so soon.

I doubt about this movie becoming a HIT.

While i have no doubts about people ready to HIT Sirish Kunder and Farah Khan and Akshay Kumar for releasing such a DUMBWIT movie

I really wonder if its the same Farah Khan who gave us such nice movies like Main Hoo Naa and Om Shanti Om.
Old 28th December 2010, 00:39   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Watched Tees Maar Khan

Well I was expecting lots of overacting in a Farah Khan movie but the first half seems like a street play director's job (hmm may be they will do a better job) The only good part in first half is Katrina's item number & seriously her dancing has improved by leaps & bounds when you compare some of her old numbers (Race etc) & it shows in other songs too.
The 2nd half is slightly better & does have a few scenes here & there which make you laugh.

Overall a dud. You must give it to SRK, even he over acted in earlier FK movies but he was so much more tolerable.
I believe the luckiest guy right now is AK, I mean he looks, feels & acts the same in all his recent comedy movies, he doesn't need to know which movie he is working in or what the character is & he would still be laughing his way to the Bank.

Seriously I would love to watch AK in movies like 'Namaste London' more than such idiotic films but I guess thats not a choice for him to make as that's what public expects from him.

Btw an interesting trivia, on this season in 'Koffee with Karan', Farah Khan along with other directors said that they cant do a desi/tapori Item numbers (the reference was 'Munni Badnaam hui')& that if she has to do it then she will do it with a touch of class(may be she was referring to 'Shiela Ki Jawani').
This will sound fair enough to those who dont know that Munni Badnaam hui has been choreographed by FK while Shiela Ki Jawani has actually been choreographed by Geeta Kapoor & not Farah Khan, talk about double standards.

And can you believe it, I saw this movie in theater in Manhattan

Yeah I know you can go ahead & call me an idiot, i guess the windchill numbed my brain

Rating 2.5/5
Old 28th December 2010, 01:14   #1329
BHPian

^^ i went yesterday evening to see 'The Tourist' but did not get the 630pm show and ended up getting the 1030pm show tickets. To wile away time, ended up watching Tees Maar Khan!! worst mistake ever - overacting is an understatement - don't go anywhere near a screen playing this movie.
If you like sheila's jawani or munni's badnami then watch it on youtube or something :-)
Old 30th December 2010, 15:31   #1330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I saw it, its indeed very interesting movie. Have to applaud the director to come up with such a simplistic but great movie. I think the director is the script writer.

A must watch. Different, realistic yet funny at times. No songs makes it even better

Rajat kapoor (IIRC) is the heart of the film after the script. Laudable acting by him ably supported by other star cast. Good to see Neha Dhupia in a different role and completely clad in outfit for once.

4.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Dont miss Phas gaya Obama: Brilliant job on the kidnapping industry reeling under recession. Amazing job by all involved. You will be laughing at many parts of the movie when they show nice satire.

3.5/5 Dont miss
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Its a must watch !!! Every one in the movie has acted well. Rajat Kapoor and Sanjay Mishra ( Apple Singh) were awesome. Even Neha Dhupia has done a great job. There are no PJs no B grade jokes. The actors will make you laugh without making an effort ( which was the case with Golmaal -3, where every one was trying hard to make the audience laugh).

IMDB Rating: 8/10
Sam_Boy Rating: 9/10

Go for it.
A big +1 for the movie.
Simple, crisp and nice story.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:57   #1331
BHPian

anyone watched "No one killed Jessica"?
Old 8th January 2011, 14:51   #1332
Senior - BHPian

No One Killed Jessica-
Saw it last night with my friends. After a long time i am impressed with the direction of a hindi movie. Yes movie is a bit lengthy however can be justified as they had to show a lot of content.
This movie surely makes you think where our society and people are going.As the bank balance is increasing the people are becoming more shallow from inside.

i wasn't keen on watching this and was dragged by friends for this but i liked it

Rating -4/5
Old 8th January 2011, 15:38   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Now will there will be a RC-3?
Paritala Ravi and Maddelachervu Suri's violent battle | Deccan Chronicle | 2011-01-03
Old 8th January 2011, 19:18   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Saw it last evening.

It's a bit lengthy movie i feel Preity Zinta could have done the role much better than Rani.Vidya balan was at her best.

3/5
Old 13th January 2011, 12:34   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Yes I watched it. My take on this movie as a movie. Trash. Do not waste your time and money to watch it.

I know the story of Jessica. I did not need to see the movie to get that real story. And that is all what the movie does. Very poor storytelling with no climax at all. Showing profiles of people to look like APJ Kalam and Manmohan Singh etc. made it look like a comedy. The storyline had the scope for a dramatic and gripping movie. But unfortunately that did not happen.

My rating 1/5.

Last edited by pjbiju : 13th January 2011 at 12:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks