Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 02:51   #1411
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The 7th victim is herself. Remember killing thy self is also a sin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I would like to disagree. The maid's death was an accident. And if we consider maid's death as a murder then even the death of the man friday after drinking the soup should also be considered a murder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
From what I understood, she became a nun and married Jesus, who is already dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Doesnt the dog she shot when she was young count as a khoon?
I personally havent seen the movie, except knowing the title which may involve killing.

But looking at the responses, i had a hearty laugh though. Great analysis at work.
Old 5th March 2011, 05:53   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
+ I remember a scene where Neil reads JHC novel.. train scene?
That's correct the movie is a tribute + also it is indicated that Neil gets the idea after reading the novel.
Old 5th March 2011, 06:31   #1413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Does someone know if Johnny Gaddar was made on a "James Hadley Chase" novel as its entire story line is uncannily similar to JHC theme.

I have a collection of his entire 70 odd books.
No. It was not based on any particular Chase book. However, the general theme is very similar to a Chase plot. Half of the Chase books involve a woman convincing her lover to do one of 2 things.
- Murder her husband
- Do some major crime for money
Old 5th March 2011, 11:46   #1414
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, that was one heck of an analysis of 7 Khoon Maaf. I am not convinced which one is the 7th one yet.

Anyways, I wouldnt want to spend so much energy on such a awful movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
That's correct the movie is a tribute + also it is indicated that Neil gets the idea after reading the novel.
Now I recall such a scene but, didnt pay attention that it was a chase novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
No. It was not based on any particular Chase book. However, the general theme is very similar to a Chase plot. Half of the Chase books involve a woman convincing her lover to do one of 2 things.
- Murder her husband
- Do some major crime for money
Bang On! Every novel has almost the same theme and i grew up on a staple diet of his books. I must have read each of his book atleast 20 times if not more and can even mouth some of its dialogues.

And, whenever i get time, i pick up his book and finish it in one shot.

An amazing author

P.S: I am due to see " Phas Gaye Re Obama" next. How's it?
Old 5th March 2011, 12:10   #1415
BANNED

Quote:
Bang On! Every novel has almost the same theme and i grew up on a staple diet of his books. I must have read each of his book atleast 20 times if not more and can even mouth some of its dialogues.

And, whenever i get time, i pick up his book and finish it in one shot.

An amazing author
Even more amazing is the fact that most of his books are based in the USA & he himself was a Brit & only read about the USA when he wrote those books - Paradise City etc is from his own imagination.
Quote:
P.S: I am due to see " Phas Gaye Re Obama" next. How's it?
Decent timepass. Gets a bit repetitive but still worth a watch. Neha Dhupia does a super cameo.
Old 5th March 2011, 12:16   #1416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even more amazing is the fact that most of his books are based in the USA & he himself was a Brit & only read about the USA when he wrote those books - Paradise City etc is from his own imagination.
I know. He never visited USA but, whatever he wrote was based on what he read. If you visited US, then you would know he was 100% in his characterization, accent, geographical knowledge etc. When I was a kid, I used to think every american is a gangster with a low slouch hat

And, how can i forget Paradise City. A character like Tom Lepski is forever etched into your mind
Old 7th March 2011, 09:46   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
I'm glad you liked it. Here are a few Indian films that went unnoticed but are very good films.
Thanks. I have seen johny gaddar, it is a good thriller. Rest, will try to view.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:45   #1418
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched a couple of Hindi Movies recently and guess what. Both were terrific!

" Phas Gaye Re Obama" starring Rajat Kapoor and Sanjay Mishra

This is one of the most interesting and funny movie that i saw in recent times with the most zaniest storyline. The last one that i enjoyed immensly was "No Entry" which was a different genre of comedy from this movie.

As its a relatively old movie, will just stick to performances.

The best role and acting in my view was Sanjay Mishra. A simple gangster with a simple career ambition. This characterization was outstanding to say the least.

One of the scenes he breaks down and says in Hindi---Even I have an ambition in my heart to be a minister, even i want to move around in red light on roof cars and even i want to break chairs in an assembly...ROFL

He has risen very sharply in the last 3-4 years and I consider him to be second best. The best being Johnny Lever, I dont see any other potential actor with his calibre towards a funny role. In the 3rd slot, Manoj Joshi can be fitted easily.

Neha Dupia was a surprise and did pretty good. I say, if given opportunity like Lara Dutta, she could have also become equally popular. She didnt maybe because of her slightly unconventional look.

Third character was Ani the reluctant gangster with a burning ambition to go to US. He was superb

Rajat Kapoor just did his bit, I mean he was not spectacular or something but stood his ground.

This movie is way better than " Tere Bin Laden" though its not an exact comparo as their story lines are different.

Overall, a great director and story controlled movie with amazing performances.

4/5

Another movie was " Do Dooni Char" starring Rishi Kapoor

This was a movie showing the typical middle class values and will definetly pull some heart-strings.

Great acting by Rishi who is the back-bone of this movie. This was also a bit akin to " Khosla Ka Ghosla" which according to me was a masterpiece, showing the Delhi lifestyle et.all

Worth a watch for sure.

3.5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th March 2011 at 16:46.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:11   #1419
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread

Quote:
Yup. Like Ram Gopal Varma - after making Satya & Company nothing else came even close to it.
Well, most of us remember RGV from Satya onwards which is quite understandable. But, he did some explosive work a little before Satya also

He shot up to fame with "Shiva" and the telugu version took tollywood by storm and made Nagarjuna an overnight superstar. It indeed was an awesome movie (made in hindi too)

Next was Raat ( in Telugu too) and still is one of the best hindi horror movie ever made

My personal favorite of RGV ( apart from Satya and Company) is "Kaun". The twist in this movie is yet to be replicated in hindi film industry
Old 10th March 2011, 15:20   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Well, most of us remember RGV from Satya onwards which is quite understandable. But, he did some explosive work a little before Satya also

He shot up to fame with "Shiva" and the telugu version took tollywood by storm and made Nagarjuna an overnight superstar. It indeed was an awesome movie (made in hindi too)

Next was Raat ( in Telugu too) and still is one of the best hindi horror movie ever made

My personal favorite of RGV ( apart from Satya and Company) is "Kaun". The twist in this movie is yet to be replicated in hindi film industry
For me the best of RGV in telugu was 'Kshana Kshanam'. One hell of a movie!!
Old 10th March 2011, 15:22   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He shot up to fame with "Shiva"......Next was Raat
You're right actually. Shiva and Raat both were great movies.
Quote:
Isn't think the one starring Urmila? Man o man, was this a real suspense thriller or what!
One of my friends had a pretty funny/frustrating experience though. He, unlike me, actually went to a movie hall to watch this one. Just when everybody was settling down after the intermission and there was absolute silence as the second half of the movie began someone at one of the exit doors shouted out loud revealing who the murderer was and ran out. Imagine!
Old 10th March 2011, 15:32   #1422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
You're right. I think he should've made The Village first and then The Sixth Sense. I watched all his movies as they were made and kept on getting disappointed from The Signs onwards -> Lady in the Water -> The Happening.

Definitely not.
@mayank: You know you exaggerated with your "tele" bit, it isn't that bad.
maybe.but dissappointment may provoke differently,hence the advice about not watching it on an expensive television....Just in case..

by the by...RGV has popped up here.
so, tell me,"RGV ki aag" who has watched how many minutes of it?

Me:15 minutes.
Old 10th March 2011, 17:46   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
maybe.but dissappointment may provoke differently,hence the advice about not watching it on an expensive television....Just in case..

by the by...RGV has popped up here.
so, tell me,"RGV ki aag" who has watched how many minutes of it?

Me:15 minutes.
around 25 mins
Old 21st March 2011, 23:00   #1424
Senior - BHPian

One more plagiarized movie on the loose. FALTU.

Looking at the promos, i have a feeling it is blatantly copied from a movie called "Accepted"

Accepted is actually is a very funny movie where bunch of rejects create their own college to fool their parents.
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:03   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ultimate movie - Kaun. Loved it to core. Also loved the music - the title song - kaun, 'who's that'. A classic imho. Haven't seen Raat but Shiva is pretty awesome too. And how can i forget Rangeela, RGV can handle subtle romance if he wants to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks