Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 21:25   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Dont watch it bro'
Its a torture.
All of us friends were like when will this movie end.
Pathetic acting,story and direction.

Rating -0/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
+1. i was just about to write this. You beat me to it.

Only thing good about the movie are two songs - Mere bina and Kya. Everything else is trash worthy.

Can't believe Mahesh bhatt came up with this. And what was Mohit Suri thinking? He has made some good movies in past. I guess he was sleeping while directing.
Thanks guys. You made me rich. Money saved is money earned. Hai na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Avi, go watch 2X2=4 instead. Its a MUST WATCH
Will do that now!
Old 12th October 2010, 00:15   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Do Dhoni Chaar: Must Watch about where people live just to satisfy what the society feels
Old 12th October 2010, 00:29   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Saw Robot earlier today. For the first time ever I felt that Aishwarya looked like a heroine rather than an overtly made up glam doll. The makeup is right as is the wardrobe. She is all there is to the first half.

The second half is Rajni, Rajni, more Rajni, special effects, Rajni (raised to the power of infinity) if that is possible. Of course it is!! it is RAJNI after all.

The special effects are good but the sequences move too fast. I feel that they should have screened these at slightly reduced speed, that would have brought more finesse to the same. Overall a can watch once movie. Aishwarya fans can move out after the first half and give their tickets to Rajni fans who will enjoy the second thoroughly. BTW Danny is totally wasted, literally. 3/5
Old 15th October 2010, 13:36   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Apartment

Often repeated story. This time the theme is based on apartment. I found Pyar Tune Kiya much better than this. Both are based on similar themes. Ending is tame.

Tanushree Dutta can't act, Neetu Chandra is ok. Wondering what's anupam kher doing in such a film.

2/5
Old 18th October 2010, 09:22   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Aakrosh..

lived up to expectations. a very intense movie based on social issues in Rural india.
brilliant acting by all. Akshaye Khanna does his regular screaming for dialogue delivery in some instances. Bipasha has a small role and therefore limited scope for acting as such.
Paresh Rawal at his usual best as a corrupt cop. Ajay Devgan..his usual self- very good.
some stunts could've been avoided though..it looks overdone in some instances.

rating 4/5
Old 18th October 2010, 09:33   #1206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Aakrosh..

lived up to expectations. a very intense movie based on social issues in Rural india.
brilliant acting by all. Akshaye Khanna does his regular screaming for dialogue delivery in some instances. Bipasha has a small role and therefore limited scope for acting as such.
Paresh Rawal at his usual best as a corrupt cop. Ajay Devgan..his usual self- very good.
some stunts could've been avoided though..it looks overdone in some instances.

rating 4/5
I read the story of this movie - it's seems like a copy of Missisipi Burning with Akshye playing Dafoe's role & Ajay playing Hackman's role.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:04   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Watched Mississippi burning in place of aakrosh. It was amazing but will check out aakrosh as am a big devgan fan
Old 18th October 2010, 23:46   #1208
Senior - BHPian

'Udaan' by Vikramaditya Motwane.

The movie is about the life of a 17 year old teen who returns back to his home after being expelled from his boarding school.And I must say that this is one of the best Bollywood movies that I've watched so far.

A must watch movie. Highly recommended.

My Rating : 4.75/5

Amith
Old 19th October 2010, 01:46   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Benny and Babloo: Looks and feels like B grade movie with the story revolving around 2 friends working in 2 classes of jobs
Benny = 5 star bellboy
Babloo = Dance bar

The story revolves around what happened to the dance bars in mumbai and the way people are exploited and their life in the place. Has some good stories but has not been handled well. Looks more like a low budget venture and also has borrowed tales from various movies thus feels repetitive.

Can be missed as there is no quality here. Watch only if your jobless but its predictable. Kay kay menon does not do well in this movie and rajpal yadav is his usual.

1.5/5
Old 19th October 2010, 14:03   #1210
Senior - BHPian

knockout

Its a Phone Booth rip off. The theme is same, story has been changed to suit Indian taste better. I liked the movie. It takes potshot at our political system. Its a little bit gripping and at some places looks overdone. The movie would have been disaster without good actors and Sanjay Dutt and Irfan Khan are perfect. Their acting is top notch. Support cast is just as good.

But still worth a watch once.

3.5/5
Old 19th October 2010, 16:11   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

Knockout ( Phonebooth) and Aakrosh ( Mississipi Burning) is planned for viewing in theatre this week.

Watched the english versions and both were superb movies. Hope the indian versions are decent enough.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:21   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Knockout ( Phonebooth) and Aakrosh ( Mississipi Burning) is planned for viewing in theatre this week.

Watched the english versions and both were superb movies. Hope the indian versions are decent enough.
Will advise to check out the link before you book ticket for Knockout. Not saying that TOI film reviews should be taken seriously. But still can take a look.

Producer bankrupt, courtesy Sanju - The Times of India
Old 19th October 2010, 16:29   #1213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Will advise to check out the link before you book ticket for Knockout. Not saying that TOI film reviews should be taken seriously. But still can take a look.

Producer bankrupt, courtesy Sanju - The Times of India
Thanks. But, that doesnt change anything much. I am a true-blue Sanju baba fan. I can just gaze at him for 2 hours and come back home, happy!

however, i do agree a line from that article, he really needs to lose a lot of weight
Old 19th October 2010, 18:56   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks. But, that doesnt change anything much. I am a true-blue Sanju baba fan. I can just gaze at him for 2 hours and come back home, happy!

however, i do agree a line from that article, he really needs to lose a lot of weight
With the amount of junk films Sanju has starred in recently, this one is better in terms of acting and presence. His one sided smile and some expressions in this movie are really good. While this may not be a superhit film, it will do a little bit good for Sanju whose recent films have been disaster.

P.S: I wouldn't blow hard earned money watching this in theatre though. Its not much worth the effort.

Last edited by chevelle : 19th October 2010 at 19:07.
Old 19th October 2010, 22:58   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Aakrosh

Marketed as a movie on honour killing, it doesn't have any honour killing in it. The only one killing is done by the bad cops and politicos who do not like their daughter running away with a a low caste guy - so what's new ?

Nothing much - pretty predictable movie but the way it has been shot is gritty and very different from Priyadarshan's line of movies in the past.

Good performances from Akshay and Ajay (you get a feeling of deja-vu watching him though)

Verdict - 1.5/5
Avoidable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks