Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 09:41   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

"Peepli Live"

Story of a farmer who is forced by his brother to commit suicide as they overhear local politicians discussing that it will fetch them 1 Lakh cash reward which will help them overcome their debts.

Natha's expressions are "cute" and Raghubir Yadav again excels in his poor man avatar.

Amazing and crusty dialoges. I loved two of them immensely

1. when a reporter on a bike asks for direction to a farmer digging a hole and that farmer just ignores them and the reporter says "Khazana khod raha kya"

2. Natha and Raghubir Yadav are walking through the fields and Natha is scraping the ground with a stick and singing " Sajani tere yaad aayeve" and Raghubir Yadav tells him "yahan hamari gand phat ri aur tuje sajani yaad aari? "

This movie is an awesome example of hungry news channel who will do anything to feed masala news to the public and dont care if its the truth or not. Good reason we should not watch these channels and beileve everything.

Overall, 1.45 hours movie. Crispy dialogues, good acting by almost entire start cast and it gets a wee bit boring in between. But, otherwise a good movie with a strong message.

3/5

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 13:05. Reason: Removing colourful language
Old 20th August 2010, 10:02   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Ram Gopal verma called up a press conference about his new movie starring Vivek Oberoi.

He said its 5+ hour long. In two parts. One shows the rise to power of main character and second one shows his decline.

Why don't he simply say he got inspired from 'CHE'.
I don't understand if Che's story can be done in 2 hours -The Motorcycle Diaries; why can't we have it here.

Isn't Suriya also there in Rakta Charitra?
Old 20th August 2010, 13:41   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Peepli Live- My Rating 3.5/5

The first half is fun to watch, second half moves to typical media, politicians and system bashing now seen regularly in our movies. Very good performances by the actor who plays Natha and Raghubir Yadav. Overall a good movie.
Old 22nd August 2010, 00:13   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I don't understand if Che's story can be done in 2 hours -The Motorcycle Diaries; why can't we have it here.

Isn't Suriya also there in Rakta Charitra?
Bit out of topic but i am not talking about Motor Cycle diaries.

I am talking about movie CHE, which is in Spanish and has Benecio Del Toro as the lead. Its a wonderful movie if you know a bit of Spanish. Subtitles that i downloaded helped a lot too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_%28film%29

Last edited by SirAlec : 22nd August 2010 at 00:17.
Old 30th August 2010, 17:23   #1070
BHPian

Aashayein
Nagesh Kukunoor film with John Abraham in the lead role of an angry, confused, compulsive gambler. Wishes to live the life he has been dreaming of till he discovers he has lung cancer and 3 months to live.
Shades of 'Anand' with a predictable story line but I found the film to be decent. Hospice(Palliative Care) is not a subject dealt in Hindi film industry and that is where the story touched me.

Rating 2.5/5
Old 30th August 2010, 19:08   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Lafange Parindey:
The movie is about a fighter (Neil), his friends and a blind girl (Deepika) from the same area. He teaches her to see without her eyes and she makes him a better person.
Too many things are crammed into this movie because of which not even one is shown properly. Both the lead actors have acted well but poor script lets it down.

1.5/5 - I am sure it will be on TV soon.
Old 31st August 2010, 08:16   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I am talking about movie CHE, which is in Spanish and has Benecio Del Toro as the lead. Its a wonderful movie if you know a bit of Spanish. Subtitles that i downloaded helped a lot too.

Che (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This seems to start where MotorCycle Diaries left. Now I think this requires a priority download.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:06   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " We are a Family" starring Arjun Rampal, Kajol and Kareena

I didnt want to see. Mom dragged me to it.

Storyline is unique and probably could be the first time this was explored on screen. I liked it as its quite possible of such a situation in current day world.

Movie is slow, quite serious and has some fabulous acting by all actors.

Arjun Rampal is an epitome of coolness. He looked as if he didnt care how he looked in this movie and still looked dishy. His acting is also improving.

Kareena as we all know is prim and proper (if you wake her at crazy hour at night dont be surprised to see her so prim and proper types) and she acts well.

Kajol was restrained and did an amazing job. Was a good change compared to her screaming act in " My name is Khan"

All kids acted really well and didnt for a second looked artificial or out of place. Kudos to them

KJo must be heartbroken to direct this movie in London instead of NY. But, it came out well. For a second i thought it was India ( saw a right hand steering car, thats how we TBHPians identify..Dont we? ) but, the beautiful surroundings was a dead give away

There is a scene in the last and i guarantee it will bring tears to the toughest of tough ( i cried too...Imagine..hehe)

Overall, its a good theme, heavy hearted movie for someone looking for meaningful and serious cinema.

3.5/5
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:14   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

There is a scene in the last and i guarantee it will bring tears to the toughest of tough ( i cried too...Imagine..hehe)

3.5/5
How different is it from Step Mom.? (if you have seen it).

@ Ani Bhai- Do you believe what Avinash said about crying in the last scene.?
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:34   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
How different is it from Step Mom.? (if you have seen it).

@ Ani Bhai- Do you believe what Avinash said about crying in the last scene.?
Waseem Bhai, aap movie dikhate to bol sakta hoon, so dikhate kya Inox mein
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:41   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Waseem Bhai, aap movie dikhate to bol sakta hoon, so dikhate kya Inox mein
Ani bahi, Bilkul.But after Ramzaan.

Not sure if i can sit with you till the end of this pakao movie to see your aasoon.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:11   #1077
BHPian

Guys there's a new horror movie called "Mallika" that's released today. It looks promising. However, being a hardcore horror film buff I hate to be disappointed. If anyone watches, please post a review. Also mention if the movie has songs! (No offense but I hate movies with song/dance)
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:15   #1078
Senior - BHPian

^^ I saw the trailers too, looks like FTV meets Ramsey Brothers. Bikini Horror
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:40   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Storyline is unique and probably could be the first time this was explored on screen. I liked it as its quite possible of such a situation in current day world.
How is the storyline unique, when it is a remake of Stepmom ?

Even in India, this is not the first remake of Stepmom. A Marathi remake has already been made before this.

Quote:
KJo must be heartbroken to direct this movie in London instead of NY. But, it came out well. For a second i thought it was India ( saw a right hand steering car, thats how we TBHPians identify..Dont we? ) but, the beautiful surroundings was a dead give away
KJo has not directed this movie, he is the producer.

Movie is based in Australia, not London.

Rohan
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:06   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rohan, havent seen "Stepmom". Hence, the story seemed fresh to me.

I dont watch Marathi movies, so i wouldnt know

Anyways, i usually dont like heavy movies and tend to stay away from them. This one struck slight chord somewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks