Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 19:51   #961
Senior - BHPian

IHLS breaks new ground.

I walked in with the only target of somehow staying awake for 2+ hours.

This movie is a symbol of all that is completely wrong with the film industry - and which results in expensive theater tickets - nil storyline, ham acting, expensive sets, zero emotions.

The movie makes the world cliche seem benign. Every possible cliche is built in - as if they were playing with lego scene blocks n writing the story. Zero performance - no emotion (i thought Deepika in LAK was ok ok - SAK plumbs new depths).

But yes, if you go with negative expectations assuming its a spoof, youll find a few cliched laughs in the middle too! And that Imran's best friends' T-shirts rock. Any idea where I can get such t-shirts. There pure pwnage material!!
Old 11th July 2010, 20:38   #962
BHPian

Quote:
But yes, if you go with negative expectations assuming its a spoof, youll find a few cliched laughs in the middle too! And that Imran's best friends' T-shirts rock. Any idea where I can get such t-shirts. There pure pwnage material!!
Though I haven't seen the movie (and don't wanna see either), if the tees have captions on them (humourous as well as adult ones) then check this out :

Awesome T-shirts You Can Order Online > Features > General > Lifestyle > Tech2.com India
Old 12th July 2010, 14:07   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Shruti Hassan is a legend in the making and I'm not kidding.
Yeh kuch zyada nahi ho gaya.?I am dead sure you must be kidding.
Old 12th July 2010, 14:32   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Yeh kuch zyada nahi ho gaya.?I am dead sure you must be kidding.
Ok, So you watched 'Luck'.
And I wasn't referring to her acting.
Old 12th July 2010, 14:51   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, So you watched 'Luck'.
And I wasn't referring to her acting.
I know you were not referring to her acting and i did not watch 'Luck'
I was taken aback when you mentioned 'Shruti Hassan is a legend in the making'

I know she has sung and composed few songs and we all know how this could have happened.

Do you really think she could have achieved all this (little) only by being Shruti.?We all know the answer, dont we.?

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 12th July 2010 at 14:52. Reason: Comments
Old 12th July 2010, 15:02   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
And that Imran's best friends' T-shirts rock. Any idea where I can get such t-shirts. There pure pwnage material!!
Absolutely. I mentioned exactly the same thing in my review below.

That was the "only" part worth watching in that crappy movie
Old 16th July 2010, 09:47   #967
Senior - BHPian

Lahore

This is one movie that has gone unnoticed. I felt that the movie hasn't been given the applause it deserves.

its a movie based on kick boxing about two nations - india and pak. the movie has its ups and down. it seemed inspired from the Undisputed series.

Story line is good though a bit predictable, fight scenes are well executed and cinematography is top notch. Acting by leads is good, nothing historic though.

A definite one time watch.

3.75/5
Old 16th July 2010, 15:02   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with everything you've said except for the Bold part.
Shruti Hassan is a legend in the making and I'm not kidding.
She's a singer and a composer already.
She's so talented that its heart warming for a Madrasi like me to see the daughter of the legend to be gifted as much as or more than her father.

She lent her voice to this amazing number composed by Harris in Varanam Aayiram:
YouTube - Vaaranam Aayiram===Adiye Kolluthey HD

Her composition was for Kamal's last movie (Unnai Pol oruvan):
YouTube - SHRUTI HAASAN BLAAZE UNNAI POL ORUVAN PROMO SONG FULL VERSION.flv

And this stage performance is a MUST WATCH:
YouTube - Shruti Hassan @ Kamal's 50 yrs in cinema celebration

Down here, "Jaanta Hai Mera Baap Kaun Hai" won't get you anywhere.
Quite possible, since certain South Indian movie actors perform acts which defy physics, chemistry & biology & people build Temples in their name & worship them like as if they are Gods.
I am of the belief that only God should be worshiped & human beings should do their duties righteously & no human being deserves to be glorified whatsoever.

It's a humble & sincere request from a fellow bhpian that you post more responsibly in future since you are a distinguished bhpian on the forum & along with those 5 stars you carry great responsibility on your shoulders & many bhpians must be looking up to you.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 16th July 2010 at 15:06.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:48   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems to me i am the first to review it here.

Watched "Lamhaa" yesterday.

It's a gripping tale of the ongoing Kashmir problem. Movie is quite nicely made with genuine attention to detail for many things.

Sanjay Dutt enacted a well restrained role and a welcome change from his recent comic capers. He does really look the "deadly dutt" in his white-black beard and sunglasses with a toothpick in his mouth.

Bips too acted really well and is an eptiome of balance act between a glamorous and de-glamourised role.

Kunal Kapoor cannot act to save himself. His public speaking scenes in the movie was so pathetic that it looked as if he spent a lot of time bhatti marofyied those dailogues.

Anupam Kher stole the show. His potrayal of a spine chilling freedom fighter was the best character in this movie.

Movie has a few tense moments and gives basic insights of what's Kashmir problem is related to and how politicians are making use of this situation to fill their coffers. Good knowledge for people who dont know what this problem is all about.

Cinematography brings out it's bleak situation and his top-class

What i didnt like is the movie ends abruptly and leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

3.5/5
Old 20th July 2010, 14:15   #970
Senior - BHPian

Shruti Hassan - a legend in the making ? That sounds too far fetched now, even stupid if I may add, to me.

She should get her act to gather - try and act first (anyone who watched Luck will agree) - she is now a better singer than an actor.

It might take time - she might (or might not) become a legend - and I would be the 1st person to admit it when she really does become one.
Old 20th July 2010, 17:01   #971
BHPian

I know its a little late to make a comment on 'My Name is Kkkkhan' but still ...

Caught this on star plus the other day (i rarely watch indian movies at theatres... not worth the steep ticket price) and was flabbergasted.
I mean, i have seen bad movies, but this one took the cake and rubbed it all over its face. It was absolutely ridiculous.

I wish to sue Mr.Johar. I want my 3 hrs back.. so that i can sleep.
Old 20th July 2010, 22:31   #972
Senior - BHPian

any body watched Tere Bin Laden??
Old 20th July 2010, 22:35   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
aah..I did...senseless movie
Old 20th July 2010, 23:12   #974
BHPian

watched tere bin laden yesterday.
i loved it .the story is original .only a crackpot creative person could think of such a story.the movie is short about 1 hour 40 min or so .the movie is good paced .there is something going on all the time .it is much better comedy than all the slap stick you get these days from the likes of sajid khan and priyadarshan. there are lot of one liners which will make you laugh .
the only drawback i think is the feel of the movie which is more of a b grade movie. otherwise it has got a good story (which is rare these days for comedies) ,good acting .it is a very good one time watch
Old 21st July 2010, 08:36   #975
Senior - BHPian

Tere Bin Laden - Ultimate Satire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I did on Friday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
aah..I did...senseless movie
Why senseless ? Care to explain?

Anyways here is my take on the movie:

Tere Bin Laden is a taut satire on the political system in US prevalent post 9/11 and also on the American jingoism attached with the "War on Terror". The story also mocks the new breed of mushrooming news channel who will do anything to earn TRPs without checking the veracity of news sources and how media is shaping rightly / wrongly public opinion.

The story is about an aspiring journalist who wants to go to US just after 9/11 but due to some mis-conception gets labelled as terrorist and deported back. Post this all his attempts to entire the US has been futile. In order to fund his back channel entry into US he utilises a Osama lookalike in a video and releases it to the media for a fee. What follows after this is widespread panic in US & Pakistan and indiscriminate bombing and finally when the truth comes out, its moulded so that everyone can save their backside and bring back peace.

Its a laugh-riot with underlying message about what is wrong with our society.

Rating : 4/5 for taut storyline and direction

P.S: The movie is based in Pakistan and also has been banned there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks