Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 12:04   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Watched "Gulaal" yesterday.

What a movie!!!! Totally blew me away.
The story telling style was excellent. Every character in the movie was played their part perfectly.
I agree with you, easily the best movie of the year 2009. I also liked the poetry in lyrics.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:25   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Anybody saw "Jaane Kahan Se Aayi hai" released today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, i saw it. its kind of an average movie. we already know the storyline. a few comical scenes here & there are good. consider this instead of prince!!!

ritesh has improved as an actor but jacqeline or whatever her name is, is very very bad. she needs a big time coaching on acting.

Rating: 2.5/5
I suspect this movie has been "inspired by" an old Geena Davis starrer called Earth Girls are easy. Can anyone confirm? I saw it a long time back and loved it (the english one).

Last edited by sammyboy : 19th April 2010 at 12:29.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:08   #843
Senior - BHPian

Watched the following.

Athithi tum kab jaaoge: Nice watch and i would rate it as a 2.5/5
Catch it if your bored as its funny atleast.

Road to sangam: I found this slow to say the least. Was kinda moralistic.
2/5

Love Sex and Dhoka: Was a very disturbing movie and showed a mirror to the way things are heading now a days! ANyways is a good attempt and decent movie. Dont watch it with your family.
3/5
Old 30th April 2010, 17:53   #844
Senior - BHPian

any opinions about houseful?

is it worth a 100 mile trip? am excited.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:04   #845
Team-BHP Support

Going for Housefull tomorrow night. With no expectations at all.
Old 1st May 2010, 01:07   #846
Senior - BHPian

Housefull

Been there, seen that. I found it to be a very ordinary movie with 1, max 2 gags that make you laugh. Rest of the movie is a drag - we have seen it all somewhere !

Boman Irani fails this time - he had a meaty Gujju character to bite his teeth into but he fails,Akshay and Ritesh have done this a hundred times before, Deepika and Lara look HOOTTT (Lara looks ravishing) and Jiah Khan is there only for her 2 bikini scenes

Music is so so. Locations are good and direction is pedestrian.

Verdict - 1.5/5
Frankly speaking if I missed this movie, I wouldn't mind.
Old 1st May 2010, 02:33   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Love Sex and Dhoka: Was a very disturbing movie and showed a mirror to the way things are heading now a days! ANyways is a good attempt and decent movie. Dont watch it with your family.
3/5
Yeah, watched it with my college friends Those theatre guys can't distinguish between a Gearless license (which you get at 16) and a 2 wheeler one.

Quote:
Going for Housefull tomorrow night. With no expectations at all.
To be honest, I have stopped watching all Akshay Kumar comedies. Just looking at the sick jokes and the way he delivers them irritates me to no bounds. Add to that the recent micromaxx ad
Old 1st May 2010, 03:55   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Housefull

Been there, seen that. I found it to be a very ordinary movie with 1, max 2 gags that make you laugh. Rest of the movie is a drag - we have seen it all somewhere !

Boman Irani fails this time - he had a meaty Gujju character to bite his teeth into but he fails,Akshay and Ritesh have done this a hundred times before, Deepika and Lara look HOOTTT (Lara looks ravishing) and Jiah Khan is there only for her 2 bikini scenes

Music is so so. Locations are good and direction is pedestrian.

Verdict - 1.5/5 Frankly speaking if I missed this movie, I wouldn't mind.
watching it tommorow.
I really am not excited as akshay kumars recent movies sucks big time. But as all friends are going so will try to have some fun.
Old 2nd May 2010, 03:53   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
3/5
LSD.good movie but not the entertainment types. the script weaved in between the 3 stories is brilliant. reminds one of yuva by manirathnam.

Housefull, i'm sure the theaters will be desperates for some housefull's but on the contrary, it's sure to go empty house.
I could not pass through the 1st 15 minutes.i was watching it online.

chucked it and saw Rocket Singh.
Now that is a nice movie. being from the sales background, can't agree anymore about all the 'tactics' used for enquiries.
I liked it too.
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:53   #850
Senior - BHPian

Housefull-

Better than what i expected. Has some funny moments in the first half but the end is simpley pathetic. Akshay as usual is in same kinda comedy role and guess he doesn't know how to do any other roles. If you give this a skip won't matter.

Rating- 3/5
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:03   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Housefull-

Better than what i expected. Has some funny moments in the first half but the end is simpley pathetic. Akshay as usual is in same kinda comedy role and guess he doesn't know how to do any other roles. If you give this a skip won't matter.

Rating- 3/5
I second this. The end is hopeless. And the start is a bit slow. but before intermission there are some really funny scenes that tickle our funny bones. especially one like - 'english cooker' for a chef

Could have been a bit better but its ok. Acting wise its pretty much the same. All actors does their job well. Stand out is Ritesh Deshmukh for good timing, Arjun Rampal for his personality (but Arjun can't dance sala), Lara, Deepika and Jiah does well in flaunting their bodies. Boman Irani's role has less meat. 2 songs are good - oh girl you're mine and dhano. location is superb. I think its Greece. Lovely place.

If you miss it, not a big deal. if you watch it, make sure you put your brains at home. 3/5
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:16   #852
Team-BHP Support

I loved Housefull. Had zero expectations, was with a couple of friends in a cheerful mood after a hectic week at the office & got the offer of two tickets free with two.

Ended up ignoring the stupid parts and had a ball during the funny ones. Found the sings to be very peppy too. And Lara Dutta - Whhheeew !!

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd May 2010 at 20:18.
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:48   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I loved Housefull. Had zero expectations, was with a couple of friends in a cheerful mood after a hectic week at the office & got the offer of two tickets free with two.

Ended up ignoring the stupid parts and had a ball during the funny ones. Found the sings to be very peppy too. And Lara Dutta - Whhheeew !!
Seems like you guys are changing yourselves to suit these movies rather than the other way round.
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:43   #854
Team-BHP Support

Maybe because I saw a movie in a theater after quite a while (IPL).

Next couple of weeks look interesting though. Badmaash company, Iron Man II, Rajneeti etc. + Kites (decision to watch will be based on peer reviews)
Old 3rd May 2010, 01:47   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And Lara Dutta - Whhheeew !!
Any movie is worth watching as long as that hottie is in there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks