Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2020, 17:08   #3436
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
There is no historical evidence that Ghorpads were actually used in the accent of Sinhagad. It's just a legend.
In most articles, stories and papers it is said that Tanaji climbed with the help of his pet monitor lizard. At first even I felt this is a legend and cannot be true. But with so much literature on it, they may have gone ahead with this myth. It would have given the movie another USP.
Old 21st January 2020, 15:14   #3437
BHPian

Watched Bala on Hotstar VIP this Sunday. My rating 9/10.

Another fabulous performance by Ayushmaan. Even Yami Gautam and Bhumi Pednekar didn't disappoint a bit.

Personally speaking, as someone who is dealing with severe baldness in his 20s, I can very well associate with the movie. Apart from a couple of over dramatic instances, the movie is spot on. Even my parents loved it!

A complete entertainer of a movie with a worthy message at the end.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 21st January 2020 at 15:17.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:25   #3438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Personally speaking, as someone who is dealing with severe baldness in his 20s, I can very well associate with the movie.
Solution is simple. Shave/short buzz cut.
Old 21st January 2020, 15:31   #3439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Solution is simple. Shave/short buzz cut.
Off Topic: Yes, that's what I have done. And honestly I think it's the only worthy solution.
Although the path towards acceptance is something that many young men have to go through. As rightly portrayed in the movie.

Mods: Apologies for going OT. Please delete if you feel like.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 21st January 2020 at 15:40.
Old 22nd February 2020, 12:28   #3440
BHPian

This thread has not seen a single post in the last one month. I think this is attributable to the average quality of the films being released in the past few weeks.

Anyways, I saw Shubh Mangal Zyada Savdhan (SMZS) yesterday. Ayushman Khurrana is back with a new social issue in a sequel to the first part - Shubh Mangal Savdhan (SMS). SMS highlighted the problem of erectile dysfunction among young men and how it affects their personal relationships. SMZS on the other hand depicts a middle-class joint family who has discovered that one of their family members (a young boy played by Jitendra Kumar) is in a relationship with another man (Ayushman Khurrana). This movie is a humble attempt to portray the stigma associated with same sex relationships in Indian society.

All family members (especially Jitendra Kumar’s parents) have got decent screen time and have done a splendid job in delivering a healthy dose of humour. Unfortunately, I found Ayushman Khurrana to be the weakest link of the movie. His acting seemed forced and over the top. The movie was stretched and does not have a coherent script. It seemed like several 10-15 minute comedy sequences were combined and made into a movie.

I would rate in 2.5/5 and I am being lenient in my ratings. In my opinion, it is better to watch it on Amazon Prime (the online streaming partner) in a few months.
Old 22nd February 2020, 13:38   #3441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
This thread has not seen a single post in the last ------- Prime (the online streaming partner) in a few months.
I think that being tagged as being non-stereotypical, in his mind he has stereotyped himself as the one to do subjects which no one else would. But this was a subject that I feel he was ignorant about, it just had surface knowledge, as was apparent when he went and legalised same sex marriage, rather than relations which is what is legal today.
Old 22nd February 2020, 13:58   #3442
Senior - BHPian

Watched Malang last week. A good timepass movie with good songs. Although Anil Kapoor's character literally wasn't needed at all for climax but anyways everyone did a decent job. Will rate it - 3.5/5

Will see Shubh Mangal zyada Savdhaan on Monday. Could have waited for it to come on Prime video but wife wants to see it now. Off late Ayushman has disappointed me with his same common man acting so I hope he does something different here.
Old 22nd February 2020, 17:59   #3443
BHPian

Watched Shubh Mangal Zyada Savdhan today.

Felt Ayushman Khurrana's acting has been a bit over the top in this movie. However the roles of the other actors - Gajraj Rao, Neena Gupta, Jitendra kumar are good. Liked the one liners though.

Rating : 2.5/5
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:54   #3444
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
This thread has not seen a single post in the last one month. I think this is attributable to the average quality of the films being released in the past few weeks.
Am dying to go to the theatre with family, watch an amazing movie and munch on delicious grub. But there are simply no good movies of late . The last time I visited the theatre was for Ford vs Ferrari.
Old 1st March 2020, 18:36   #3445
Distinguished - BHPian

Thappad: 4 / 5

Absolute gem of a movie - one that makes you question very basic fundamentals of the unsaid 'rules' that are generally followed across the Indian community. No matter whichever side you fall on; and there aren't only two sets of groups/people - the movie clearly articulates different shades of grey wrt to the general public.

Taapsee Pannu shines out with a fantastic performance, with an amazing supporting cast that play their roles brilliantly. The movie is albeit a bit too long at 3 hours; but the flow of the movie stays consistently fluid.

Worth a watch in the theaters for sure. If you can't, wait for 2 weeks; this movie is sure to come onto Amazon Prime video (part producers of the film) by then.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 19:42   #3446
Senior - BHPian

Thappad: 4/5
Loved this movie. It's a must watch for men than just the women. Very insightful and revelatory. The Director is on a dream run, of late, and I've caught every movie of his.

Last edited by Sebring : 1st March 2020 at 19:43.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 20:29   #3447
Team-BHP Support

Ek Ladki Ko Dekha to Aisa Laga = 3 Stars

I happened to catch this on a flight and it turned out to be a nice, light-hearted one time watch.

Btw, Sonam Kapoor CANNOT act. Everyone else was very nice.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 21:06   #3448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Watched Shubh Mangal Zyada Savdhan today.

Felt Ayushman Khurrana's acting has been a bit over the top in this movie. However the roles of the other actors - Gajraj Rao, Neena Gupta, Jitendra kumar are good. Liked the one liners though.

Rating : 2.5/5
With a newborn who takes most of our time we hardly get time to watch movies in cinema halls these days. So, we are quite selected in what to watch. Saw this couple of days back. What a load of rubbish this movies was. Ayushman simply did not know how to portray a gay man and was over the top all his scenes. Support cast tried but there was literally no script to fall back on. Cheesy one liners with stupid scenarios which made no sense lead to an awful movie experience. If not for my wife I would have walked out of this movie and I literally never do that. Ayushman has disappointed me second time after Dreamgirl.
Will rate this movie 1/5.

Want to see thappad but will wait for it to come on Prime video.
Old 6th March 2020, 15:30   #3449
BHPian

For you weekend viewing pleasure.

Tanhaji & Chhapaak are out on Hotstar.
Enjoy the weekend in these times of the corona virus where most are afraid to watch movies in a movie theatre.
Old 9th March 2020, 19:51   #3450
Senior - BHPian

Was not having any plans for the weekend and was browsing Prime. Saw that Dabangg 3 was added. Though being a bhai fan, I had not watched this intentionally as the reviews were bad. But thought to give it a try as there was nothing else to do.

Could not continue to watch after first 30 mins but tried to continue and finally ended up closing it after 45 mins. Super glad I did not watch it on big screen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks