Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2019, 12:41   #3331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

any reviews of Pataakha?
I didn't like it. The story is good, actors have all done justice tonl their roles but somehow the execution of the whole screenplay went wrong somewhere. Watch if you do not have anything else on your list.
Old 7th June 2019, 15:12   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched Gully Boy on Netflix (or was it Prime ). Its a OK movie. I realized one thing about Alia Bhat was that she acts more with her mouth movement. Not modulated dialogue or eyes or anything. Like Donald Duck or something
Old 7th June 2019, 15:28   #3333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Alia Bhat
She's an incredible actor if she lands a good role/script. She did great in Udta Punjab and Raazi.
Old 9th June 2019, 09:25   #3334
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have not watched it. But one of my friends who is a history buff (particularly about India) and has great knowledge about Indian politics in general had this to say
Quote:
I had the misfortune of accompanying a big fan of Salman Khan to watch the movie Bharat today. The part of the movie that you will really enjoy is the INTERVAL. Thank God for small mercies!
Thanks man! You saved me the torture from both these movies as I love political flicks & I love "bhai".

Been a while since I visited the cinema. Weird that no top class movies have released of late. Hoping "One Day : Justice Delivered" is good.
Old 10th June 2019, 00:26   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks man! You saved me the torture from both these movies as I love political flicks & I love "bhai".

Been a while since I visited the cinema. Weird that no top class movies have released of late. Hoping "One Day : Justice Delivered" is good.
The same friend had recommended "The Accidental Prime Minister" for Anupam Kher's acting and for being mostly true to political events. It is now available on Zee5.

Another great movie that people have recommended is "The Tashkent Files". I have not watched either but planning to do so soon. The Tashkent Files is still running in the cinemas. And both are political movies.

I too like some of Salman's movies purely from an entertainment perspective. But Bharat is nowhere near any of those.
Old 10th June 2019, 06:20   #3336
BHPian

Kalank (2019)

Rating: 2.5/5

Positives: Top notch acting, songs, picturesque sets
Negatives: Lack of a story (as is the case with Bharat too)

Overall, a one-time watch.
P.S: Arijit Singh has done a fantastic job with the title track.
P.P.S: Any reviews on Student of the Year 2? I have heard only negative reviews about it.

Last edited by artemis_fowl : 10th June 2019 at 06:22.
Old 16th June 2019, 13:16   #3337
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I saw Rann on Prime Video this weekend. Will give it a 4 / 5 rating.

Superb drama on how the media industry spins and all the behind-the-scenes masala. Excellent acting by Bachchan, Deshmukh & Paresh Rawal. I can also see some similarities between the manipulation shown & the auto magazine industry.

You should watch it today, especially since rains might spoil the India-Pakistan match:

Quote:
The same friend had recommended "The Accidental Prime Minister" for Anupam Kher's acting and for being mostly true to political events. It is now available on Zee5.
I loved it. Good 1-time watch

Quote:
Another great movie that people have recommended is "The Tashkent Files". I have not watched either but planning to do so soon. The Tashkent Files is still running in the cinemas. And both are political movies.
Thanks for the recommendation. Will watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
Any reviews on Student of the Year 2?
Friends tell me it's terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
i went out last night to catch Rann and boy what a movie. Yes the end was a bit stretched but overall I would give it 3.5/5.

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2019 at 13:17.
Old 24th June 2019, 18:08   #3338
BHPian

Hi,

Do watch notebook (Pranutan - Mohanish Behl's daughter). Good movie worth a watch, with a message at end for Kashmir. Focus on story and not too much on the acting of all debutants. It's a copy of a thy movie named A teachers diary.

Additionally.. if I may, post for short stories: watch Chhuri and Chutney, both on YouTube. 15 minutes each and simply amazing.

Apologies if these are already mentioned earlier.
Old 26th June 2019, 16:38   #3339
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Any BHPian reviews on Kabir Singh? Don't want to waste time at the theatre if it's not good. Thanks in advance!
Old 26th June 2019, 17:45   #3340
Senior - BHPian

The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Any BHPian reviews on Kabir Singh? Don't want to waste time at the theatre if it's not good. Thanks in advance!

If you do not want to go to the theatres,Watch Arjun Reddy(Telugu) with subtitles on Amazon Prime. Kabir Singh is the remake. I have watched the Telugu version and it is good. Not planning to watch the Hindi version.

Might be a good watch in the theatres, the movie is very different compared to the run of the mill ones. Not really sure on how the Hindi version has turned out though.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 26th June 2019 at 17:51.
Old 26th June 2019, 18:33   #3341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go to the theatre if you want to appreciate the absolutely fantastic performance and screen aura of Shahid Kapoor.

I am not really his fan, but he carried the film entirely on his shoulders.

The film in general is not bad, but nothing great too. It has a decent story, a violent lover who can go any length for his girl and then gets heartbroken and the drama unfolds. We have seen similar love stories before and this is nothing out of the box.

I would suggest just watching the movie for Shahid's performance. He was extremely impressive.
Old 26th June 2019, 19:02   #3342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Watch Arjun Reddy
Self promotion is against the rules of the forum
Old 26th June 2019, 19:35   #3343
Distinguished - BHPian

For Kabir Singh, I would go with what Arjun Reddy says about Arjun Reddy .

I watched Arjun Reddy first and liked it for sure. Now when I know that Kabir Singh is not just a remake but every word or every scene is exactly as Arjun Reddy, the only reason that might make me watch is Shahid Kapoor's performance. I couldn't have expected anyone other than Shahid to perform the role that Vijay Devarakonda did in Arjun Reddy, especially after watching Shahid in Udta Punjab and Hyder!
Old 26th June 2019, 19:36   #3344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've watched the original movie ArjunReddy of which KabirSingh is a remake. One of the most stupid, illogical and useless movies I watched last year. Absolute crap. It was a huge box office hit and commercial success I know( That's more because of the some clothesless scenes and many smooching scenes I feel).
Heard that Shahid has acted well but the story itself is terrible IMO!
Old 26th June 2019, 22:06   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I've watched the original movie ArjunReddy of which KabirSingh is a remake. One of the most stupid, illogical and useless movies I watched last year. Absolute crap. It was a huge box office hit and commercial success I know( That's more because of the some clothesless scenes and many smooching scenes I feel).
Heard that Shahid has acted well but the story itself is terrible IMO!
Completely agree with you. For quite some months I wanted to watch Arjun Reddy and I guess some good spirits kept me away from the movie, which didn't work two weeks back when I made up my mind to watch it at last. I couldn't sit 10 mins through the movie and switched it off, spoiling my Friday night movie mood.

KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks