Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2017, 11:36   #3106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Latest addition to my collection. Apple iWatch series 2 space grey. It's amazing watch and now i'm addicted to it.

Attachment 1676059

Any reason for picking the series 2, while the series 3 was just around the corner?
Old 14th September 2017, 12:06   #3107
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
That is a good looking watch! Simple and classy - just the way I like it. I hope to own a piece like this. I heard about this brand (Daniel Wellington) for the first time. Is it a high end brand (looks like one)? What is their pricing range? I saw similar design from a watch company called Claude Bernard but they were >15K.
Check Timex Weekender Fairfield if you are looking for a budget simple and classy watch. Take white dialed one and get the strap changed to some good looking leather one for few hundred Rupees.
Old 14th September 2017, 13:16   #3108
BHPian

I recently gifted myself a Moto 360 2nd Generation Smartwatch. The Google Maps integration is an icing on the top of the fitness tracking features cake! Makes navigation during solo driving quite handy !
Old 15th September 2017, 11:41   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
That is a good looking watch! Simple and classy - just the way I like it. I hope to own a piece like this. I heard about this brand (Daniel Wellington) for the first time. Is it a high end brand (looks like one)? What is their pricing range? I saw similar design from a watch company called Claude Bernard but they were >15K.
The story behind the brand Daniel Wellington http://www.businessinsider.com/the-s...-empire-2016-6
Old 15th September 2017, 22:15   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Any reason for picking the series 2, while the series 3 was just around the corner?

The main reason behind it was price. I got it for a decent price so decided to get one for myself. Beside that i'm happy with the specs of series 2 and no major upgrade for me.
Old 16th September 2017, 09:19   #3111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar2509 View Post
I recently gifted myself a Moto 360 2nd Generation Smartwatch. The Google Maps integration is an icing on the top of the fitness tracking features cake! Makes navigation during solo driving quite handy !
How often do you need to charge these things? I am loathe to add another device to charge etc. However I see a benefit of having this on your wrist when motorcycle touring.

Another issue is taking care of these things...they look so delicate. I have a decathlon watch (their top end model for hiking etc), and I have banged it around everywhere over the past 5 years. Fantastic working value.

Last edited by Red Liner : 16th September 2017 at 09:31.
Old 17th September 2017, 09:14   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
The main reason behind it was price. I got it for a decent price so decided to get one for myself. Beside that i'm happy with the specs of series 2 and no major upgrade for me.
How much did you get it for? The specs on the Series 2 and the new Series 3 (Non LTE) are the same, save for the processor.
Old 17th September 2017, 09:33   #3113
Senior - BHPian

Does it make sense to buy a Tag Heuer connect over a regular automatic.

The only draw back I see is the battery life and also I think the life span of these watches will be like 4 years max. Is there any other advantages from this particular watch.

I already have a trekking watch from Garmin, the Fenix 3. That's one awesome watch. If there is no significant advantage over this watch, I might just look a spending a 100k more and buy a speed master from Omega.
Old 17th September 2017, 17:38   #3114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Does it make sense to buy a Tag Heuer connect over a regular automatic.

The only draw back I see is the battery life and also I think the life span of these watches will be like 4 years max. Is there any other advantages from this particular watch.

I already have a trekking watch from Garmin, the Fenix 3. That's one awesome watch. If there is no significant advantage over this watch, I might just look a spending a 100k more and buy a speed master from Omega.

In all honesty that's a bit as comparing apples and pears. An Omega speedmaster, any Speedmaster is an iconic watch and in a very different price range and specification. The Tag Heuer Connect and other sports/trekking watches are pretty nifty, but don't stack up to a Speedmaster in my opinion. But then again, they are totally different watches, aimed at different enthusiast.

I have the Speedmaster, Dark side of the moon, love it.

Jeroen
Old 17th September 2017, 19:21   #3115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
How much did you get it for? The specs on the Series 2 and the new Series 3 (Non LTE) are the same, save for the processor.

I got it for 26k for international warranty one. I'm happy with current specs. Don't feel to spend more on latest version.
Old 18th September 2017, 10:32   #3116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How often do you need to charge these things? I am loathe to add another device to charge etc.
I own one with 46 mm dial with a 400 mAh battery, that needs to be charged once every two days when connected to phone and wi-fi throughout. However, under mixed usage, it lasts for three days.

Quote:
However I see a benefit of having this on your wrist when motorcycle touring.
True! And I use it extensively for this purpose.

Quote:
Another issue is taking care of these things...they look so delicate.
Looks delicate, but is sufficiently tough! This watch dons Corning Gorilla Glass 3 to protect the display. I own one with a silver dial and cognac leather straps. Have banged it against the walls several times (unintentionally, of course ), but the display and the dial still shines as new. Also, the straps have kept up quite well (it has almost completed an year)!

Cheers!
Old 18th September 2017, 11:15   #3117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar2509 View Post
but the display and the dial still shines as new. Also, the straps have kept up quite well (it has almost completed an year)!

Cheers!
Nice...maybe I can look at one during the upcoming Amazon sale. Thanks mate!
Old 18th September 2017, 11:22   #3118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Looking for competent watch mechanics/servicers in Bangalore who are familiar with and able to service entry level to mid tier mechanical/automatic watches. Typically, the Seiko and/or Orient mechanical movements, or the entry level Swiss mechanical movements (ETA movements, for example).

While I understand this has been discussed on the thread a long time back, I was looking to obtain more updated information valid as on date.

Other than core competence in servicing mechanical watches, another important criteria would be that the person in question should be brand agnostic. In other words, he should not be restricted to servicing only a select brand/s and should be willing to accept different brands for servicing.

Where do Bangalore BHPians give their automatic watches for servicing? Information would be very helpful.
Bumping up my earlier post on watch servicing. Guys, anyone has recommendations for good automatic watch service centres? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 19th September 2017, 15:12   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
I would not recommend DW to anyone. They are just a branding company that sells overpriced Chinese watches that retail for 20$ or so without the brand.
It's better to get a watch from a real watch maker, if you like DW you can look at other baha watches, try a Timex fairfield.
Old 19th September 2017, 15:31   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Bumping up my earlier post on watch servicing. Guys, anyone has recommendations for good automatic watch service centres? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ethos near Safina Plaza is pretty good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks