Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 21:41   #3181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Do post some pics of your Rays, will be a nice addition to this thread!
I agree, the blue sun burst dial makes you ignore everything else about the watch. I changed my band the day I got it, didn't want the metal band. Had a brown one over the past months. Changed to black over the weekend.

Also, my other Automatics and GShock
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-1509984453618.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-1509984474524.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-1509984513163.jpg  

Old 6th November 2017, 23:10   #3182
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

My two Orient's - Ray II and Regent

Having not worn watches most of my life i find them both a little on the heavier side , both must be 150 gms +. Had changed the Ray II band to a very cool looking blue & yellow Nato strap but my skin didn't take kindly to the nylon it seems so its back to the original band.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-20171106_225948.jpg  

Last edited by spookey : 6th November 2017 at 23:22.
Old 7th November 2017, 19:19   #3183
Senior - BHPian

How genuine are the products in www.creationwatches.com?
Old 8th November 2017, 10:58   #3184
Senior - BHPian

They are genuine, go ahead with your purchase.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:29   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Thank You so much.
I was a little apprehensive looking at the orient india website; glad to know its retailing on amazon. Will dive into this right away.
Here's mine..
Which watch do you own?-watch.jpeg

Though its a little smaller on my wrist, loving it.
Thanks arindambasu13
Old 8th November 2017, 11:34   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Here's mine..
Attachment 1693866

Though its a little smaller on my wrist, loving it.
Thanks arindambasu13
Most welcome sir. The blue Mako and Ray never fail to bring a smile to ones face. Its the equivalent of a hot hatch..relatively diminutive but packs a solid punch Contrary to your statement, I would say it looks the right size on your wrist. The world over, watch aficionados are moving away from the bigger sized watches that used to rule the roost for the last several years and are moving towards the smaller, more elegant and compact sized watches (i.e. in the 38-42 mm dial size range). I myself have three incoming watches from the USA, two of which are 38 mm in size. Sigh, its been a year of considerable splurging on watches for me!!

I personally find that Mako to be really comfortable and the perfect size. While dive watches are generally chunkier and relatively bigger, I find the Mako / Ray to be a great size for every day wear. Congrats once again, and good to see lots of adopters of the Ray/ Mako on the forum!

Co-incidentally, the Orient India website has from today started carrying the Ray and Mako II, but they are priced at Rs. 21,500, far higher than the prices that you get off Amazon global store.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 8th November 2017 at 11:39.
Old 8th November 2017, 20:07   #3187
Team-BHP Support

Finally got my first Titan! Had been eyeing this for a while after seeing it an advt. Finally managed to find at an online store

Which watch do you own?-img_1480.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_1479.jpg
Old 10th November 2017, 17:57   #3188
BHPian

I was determined not to buy any watches this year and almost succeeded, but in the end couldn't control myself. Our 'nation's timekeeper' shut shop two years ago and is now selling probably the last stocks of HMT. So i got these in the last 3 weeks. These are all dirt cheap by mechanical watch standards, but the quality and accuracy are excellent. Its hard to believe that HMT was selling these models for one third of the current prices only 4 years back.

HMT Janata
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_164419_edited_edited.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_164725_edited_edited.jpg

HMT Pilot
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_165427_edited.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_165453_edited.jpg

HMT Kailash Automatic
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_164929_edited_edited.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_164844_edited.jpg

I am not into quartz watches (except the G-shock), but this blue one with the unique Urdu numerals looked beautiful. I probably will never wear it because this is too small. But for the equivalent of $10, it was excellent vfm.
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_170142_edited.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_170108_edited.jpg

And a group shot.
Which watch do you own?-img_20171110_165132_edited.jpg
Old 10th November 2017, 18:13   #3189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
couldn't control myself. Our 'nation's timekeeper' shut shop two years ago and is now selling probably the last stocks of HMT.
Wow, nice catch. Where did you get these from? I have been going from pillar to post to find NOS HMT watches and all I could ever find was some e-bay deals, which I do not want to risk.

--Anoop
Old 10th November 2017, 18:35   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Wow, nice catch. Where did you get these from? I have been going from pillar to post to find NOS HMT watches and all I could ever find was some e-bay deals, which I do not want to risk.
I got them from hmtwatches.in, their official website. These are all fast moving models, and usually go out of stock within 30 minutes. So i checked their site every 30 mins for 2 weeks and finally got them.

The NOS Pilots and Janatas in ebay are all selling for 2-3 times the MRP.
Old 10th November 2017, 18:53   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got them from hmtwatches.in, their official website. These are all fast moving models, and usually go out of stock within 30 minutes. So i checked their site every 30 mins for 2 weeks and finally got them.

The NOS Pilots and Janatas in ebay are all selling for 2-3 times the MRP.
Thank you for this info - I will keep checking the website from now. I was not aware that they are still selling the automatics via their website

--Anoop
Old 10th November 2017, 19:05   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for this info - I will keep checking the website from now. I was not aware that they are still selling the automatics via their website
Kailash and a few different NASS was on stock today, but vanished in an hour. Even though new stocks appear everyday, fridays and mondays see the most.

The HMT showroom, CSD, Jalahalli will most probably have many of the models in stock. Since you are in Bangalore, check there too. Last time I called, they had Pilot, Janata and few NASS among others.
Old 10th November 2017, 19:18   #3193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kailash and a few different NASS was on stock today, but vanished in an hour. Even though new stocks appear everyday, fridays and mondays see the most.

The HMT showroom, CSD, Jalahalli will most probably have many of the models in stock. Since you are in Bangalore, check there too. Last time I called, they had Pilot, Janata and few NASS among others.
Thank you - I will check out the Jalahalli showroom also.

I am also looking to buy a Vostok Amphibia Ministry, but since I am not able to find it in India (or an online shop which is ready to ship it to India), waiting for someone who can bring one from US.

--Anoop
Old 10th November 2017, 19:23   #3194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got them from hmtwatches.in, their official website
On 13/10/2014 i registered on this website and bought a watch (MANAS BD) which was shown as in stock and payment was done online. I got a auto confirmation mail after the purchase. There was no movt from their side after that email and no response to the email I sent. So waited for a few more days and gave a cancellation request. I got a mail saying "Your Order # : xxxx has been Requested for Cancellation." I have not received the refund till date.

After i saw the post above I tried logging in to the site now with the login credentials I have from 2014 and I am not able to login either.

Looks like a poorly managed ecom portal.
Old 10th November 2017, 19:39   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
On 13/10/2014 i registered on this website and bought a watch (MANAS BD) which was shown as in stock and payment was done online. I got a auto confirmation mail after the purchase. There was no movt from their side after that email and no response to the email I sent. So waited for a few more days and gave a cancellation request. I got a mail saying "Your Order # : xxxx has been Requested for Cancellation." I have not received the refund till date.

After i saw the post above I tried logging in to the site now with the login credentials I have from 2014 and I am not able to login either.

Looks like a poorly managed ecom portal.
That site stopped functioning a year ago. HMT watch division shut shop and the parent company (HMT Ltd) took over all the 5 factories and the remaining parts are reassembled and being sold now. This new site (same url) was launched few months back and is managed by the parent company. So, old accounts are all dead.

Quote:

I am also looking to buy a Vostok Amphibia Ministry, but since I am not able to find it in India (or an online shop which is ready to ship it to India), waiting for someone who can bring one from US.
I had bought one vostok kommandirskie 2 years back from an ebay seller named 'kochevicto' (or something like that). He was pretty responsive and the shipping was fast.

Last edited by deerhunter : 10th November 2017 at 19:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks