Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 21:41   #5026
BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

So this is a watch which I had “lost” for years and when I found it after probably more than a decade, it was working as good as it had on day one! My brother reminds me that I had got this in 1993. And if I recall correctly it was for Rs 333/- or something like that.

It’s a HMT Vijay.

The pic does not do justice to how well it still looks!
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-455b347c2dfc4c7592dc06245febd097.jpeg  

MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 08:50   #5027
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am looking for a grandfather pendulum clock for my home. Came across a few options from Orpat https://orpatgroup.com/product/grand...167-rose-wood/ and a few from Nilkamal@home.

Unfortunately not able to find a dealer that has these in stock in Gurgaon. Any pointers?

Thanks
Tapish
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:51   #5028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
Hi guys,

I am looking for a grandfather pendulum clock for my home.

Unfortunately not able to find a dealer that has these in stock in Gurgaon. Any pointers?

Thanks
Tapish
Kismet Watch company in Bangalore deals with grandfather clocks. I had seen a good collection when I went there to buy a cuckoo clock. Check if they have a dealer or tie-up in the north. https://cuckooclock.in/contact-us/
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 12:55   #5029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
How many watches will hold beyond forty years, and the manufacturer is still willing to provide service. As for Rolex my father bought a Rolex (winding) for my mother in 1945 (was never reliable) and could not be fixed, hence my doubts. Remember service facilities in India were very poor.
I have 2 regular use 1972 Seiko in working condition. Luckily I found a mechanic in Gurgaon who was willing to repair/service them. Others don't even want to have a look at them.

These are my watches. The HMT Quartz in bottom left is with me for more than 30 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20230504-12.50.00.jpeg  

sourabhzen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 13:05   #5030
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

NCR folks,

I need urgent help with a 12 years old Citizen eco drive battery replacement / service in Noida or Delhi. I am looking for a reliable proven reference for the said watch.

Any references will be appreciated.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 22:32   #5031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
NCR folks,

I need urgent help with a 12 years old Citizen eco drive battery replacement / service in Noida or Delhi. I am looking for a reliable proven reference for the said watch.

Javed Khan (Ph: 9711052575) is your man in Delhi, if the old man is fine and practicing his art of watch-smithing.

Got my Grandfather's priced possession: A Seiko Sportsmaster serviced and he did a thorough and perfect job (true to this name).

P S : His shop is in a very interesting marketplace and near to Galibh's haveli if history interests you.
Grr7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 22:35   #5032
BHPian

Proud to announce that now I'm a G-shocker!!

It's a GA-B001-1ADR.

Launch price :12k

Was available at 7k on Amazon. Got additional Rs. 700 discount on ICICI card. Steal for the price in my opinion. I was eyeing for this or Casioak for months now.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20230504_214404_tigr.jpg  

Siddarth_Ramani is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 08:29   #5033
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I got myself a Vivoactive 4 in Jan '21. When the watch was new, the battery used to last me approx a week. Nowadays, it just lasts a day and if I am tracking any activity, I have to charge it prior to the activity, else, it shuts down.

Unsure of how it should be. Or this is the norm. Either ways, in just 2 years, I do not think, I can spend ~35K - 40K for a new one. Ultra is just too expensive. Maybe, time to go back to Casio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Vivoactive is by Garmin too. I got a Garmin thinking it to be a Toyota and I too was not sure, I will stay with iOS or jump ship. But now, I just might stick with iOS (because of form factor coupled with battery life in that small size).

Was looking at Casio Pro series, not for an outright purchase, but just for an idea. Ultra is prohibitely expensive. And I have got used to wearing a watch after long, I do wear it for 12 to 14 hours a day. Might just get another regular but something which is not fragile.
Almost in similar shoes. But need something tough, maybe something like Pro Trek? Open to suggestions.

I wear the watch for almost 12 to 14 hours, come rain or shine. Would prefer to do away with batteries as few watches are just lying idle in need of battery . I am neither in a hurry to purchase, looking at some deals in maybe Independence Day or similar, but will keep a watch out.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil@KA25 View Post
After using the iconic Casio Tough Solar - DW5600 and then the Fitbit Charge -2 for quite some time, charging that Fitbit once every 6 days, came down to charging it every second day. Enough with the charging!! I finally decided to get an automatic watch.
Since it was my first time buying an automatic / mechanical watch, I was not sure of my crossover from a purely digital to a mechanical watch, hence did not want to spend too much. The Seiko SRPE55K1 had a lot of positive feedback on the internet and to me it looked just lovely. It gives me just the only information I ever needed from a wrist watch - time, day and date.
Already purchased a NATO strap to replace that metal bracelet.
Nice looking one this .
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 13:06   #5034
BHPian

Quote:
NCR folks,

I would suggest Citizen authorized service centers ONLY. Check their website and get it done. The reason for asking this being, EcoDrives use a Capacitor based battery, which gets charged when the watch is exposed to light. So, technically its a rechargeable battery. Replacing it with a regular battery will work but not sure how the charging part will function later. You will have to stick to the original battery.

Please update us on the costs once you get your job done. I have 2 EcoDrives and this info would be helpful to me.

Last edited by Mustang_Boss : 6th May 2023 at 13:07.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 16:31   #5035
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Javed Khan (Ph: 9711052575) is your man in Delhi, if the old man is fine and practicing his art of watch-smithing.

Got my Grandfather's priced possession: A Seiko Sportsmaster serviced and he did a thorough and perfect job (true to this name).

https://Youtu.be/kUUyYbp6rpo

P S : His shop is in a very interesting marketplace and near to Galibh's haveli if history interests you.
For the folk who live outside of Delhi, this man sells watches via Instagram as well. Bought an old, recommissioned HMT Pilot from him as a shot in the dark, and the watch came through within a week of payment, and looked exactly like it did in photos. Eventually went on to buy a few more from him and the gent even took the time out to message again after over a year and a half to check if the watches are performing satisfactorily. However, do note that most of the watches he has on sale have very little or no collector value, they are only for the novelty.

https://www.instagram.com/javedtimes...IwNjQ2YQ%3D%3D

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2023 at 13:54. Reason: Correcting url :)
A.K is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 19:32   #5036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
So this is a watch which I had “lost” for years and when I found it after probably more than a decade, it was working as good as it had on day one! My brother reminds me that I had got this in 1993. And if I recall correctly it was for Rs 333/- or something like that.

It’s a HMT Vijay.

The pic does not do justice to how well it still looks!
And guess what else I found!
So this was purchased in 1990!
For Rs. 309/- which seems pretty steep for 33 years back.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_3552.jpeg  

MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 20:15   #5037
BHPian

Quote:
NCR folks,

Try Satya Watches. MGF Metro Mall Gurgaon. Their online reviews seem decent. I had called, but they refused to give a quote over phone. I wanted an Eco drive and Kinetic battery changed. Citizen and Seiko respectively. Not got time to visit them. Let us know if you go how much they quote for an Eco drive cell change. Not sure if they service mechanical watches though.
asingh1977 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 20:56   #5038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
Proud to announce that now I'm a G-shocker!!

It's a GA-B001-1ADR.

Launch price :12k

Was available at 7k on Amazon. Got additional Rs. 700 discount on ICICI card. Steal for the price in my opinion. I was eyeing for this or Casioak for months now.
Congrats on the purchase. That's a looker.
I am also on the same bandwagon. I was eyeing the Casiok but now I am interested in pushing it a little to metal covered Casiok(GM-2100BB)
Old 8th May 2023, 08:05   #5039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulo View Post
P.S. My girlfriend still nags that you have purchased a kids collection watch. I just smile and prefer to be mum , for I know, I wear a piece of heritage!
Congratulations on getting what is perhaps one of the most classic watches the world has ever seen! I myself have the DW 5600 battery version, and have been beating it up for the last 6 years - and the watch just keeps going without missing a single beat. Perhaps one of my most worn watches, including through all gym workouts over these years.

This is a true beast of a watch, and still looks timeless over so many decades. Whats more, it looks almost as good as new on the wrist even after such hard wear.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 19:15   #5040
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Please update us on the costs once you get your job done. I have 2 EcoDrives and this info would be helpful to me.
Thanks for the suggestion. Spoke to a good gentleman from Citizen official store in Bengaluru & they suggested me to speak to their regional office behind V3S mall in Nirman Vihar. Below is google map link for them

https://goo.gl/maps/Kw3gMUEjyHekbdvt...78572&entry=tt

Shop no 211 on 2nd floor. Thankfully this regional office acted as official service Centre as well & were happy to see me there. Total cost comes to 2400 re so far with below work included

A) Full service
B) Replacement of crown
C) The Solar receptors inside dial are rusted & need change.
D) Minute hands replacement.

Battery seems fine to them and might not need replacement. For the record, cost of battery is 1425 Re ( Solar Capacitor for eco drive). Let me know if you need person's contact details, Will PM. Same battery was sold for 3500 re by Casio first floor outlet guys in Mall of India.

Lesson Learned - Never trust these brand stores for any repair work for their own brands as well. They charge 500+ GST for Casio battery ( Chinese make). We get same replaced from authorized Casio Centre in Wave mall for 393 re + GST & they use made in Japan batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Try Satya Watches. MGF Metro Mall Gurgaon. Their online reviews seem decent. 1.
Thanks. Never trust these third party outlets IMO for any repair work IMO. Stick to COCO service centers as listed on OEM website.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 8th May 2023 at 19:29.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks