Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 19:04   #2191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Sorry to say, and may sound rude, but its a stupid suggestion.
Indeed you are rude, no point calling someone`s suggestion stupid. Now i don`t feel like contributing anything to this thread. Since you have suggested something as well (it would be better if a person who becomes a Team Bhp'ian buy a set of stickers and show his support to the site) , i can call it stupid too.

i have just expressed my opinion and you could have responded in a polite way sir.

Abbas.
Old 7th May 2009, 19:23   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
How is this possible ??? - BHPian with 44Posts

Attachment 133543
Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
could be possible, after becoming bhpian, some of the post by this member have been deleted or have been shifted with the thread (to the collection of best threads)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Even if the post is shifted, it still remains his post. So that will not affect the number. Regarding deletion, it's done quite soon. I don't think the mods will wait so long to delete. Probably some bug. Today my posts were stuck at 103 for a long time.
Here is the Answer Memberships Levels (Explanation of Membership Levels (Newbie, BHPian etc) & Their Benefits)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Indeed you are rude, no point calling someone`s suggestion stupid. Now i don`t feel like contributing anything to this thread. Since you have suggested something as well (it would be better if a person who becomes a Team Bhp'ian buy a set of stickers and show his support to the site) , i can call it stupid too.

i have just expressed my opinion and you could have responded in a polite way sir.

Abbas.
Hi Please feel free to make any suggestions in future even if it sounds stupid to someone :-)

We may or may not like one's suggestion or may be a suggestion might not be feasible to implement But a lot of improvements to our this forum happen becasue people like you care to contribute in making our great forum even better
Old 7th May 2009, 20:53   #2193
Senior - BHPian

Technocrat thanks for sending the link, but it would have been better that if you had said that the Rules has been amended for the Newbie to BHPian from 50 - 25 posts from today.
Old 8th May 2009, 07:42   #2194
BHPian

On the 'Manage attachments' - is there any way there can be a progress bar, like a left to right indicator thingy that shows you how your upload is progressing. cause I jus waited 20 mins for a 165kb pic to load which is very unusual.. and what's even more funny is that I did it 3 times over the last 2 days.. it jus wouldn't load... I know there are other issues but a status bar would have sure helped. you'll have an idea of where you are at!

Joe

Last edited by johnda : 8th May 2009 at 07:44.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:23   #2195
Team-BHP Support

A couple of my friends who have signed up to join the forum say that its been ages since they applied, but their approvals are still pending. Is there really so much of a delay? Anything that can be done to expedite the process?
Old 8th May 2009, 11:00   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
A couple of my friends who have signed up to join the forum say that its been ages since they applied, but their approvals are still pending. Is there really so much of a delay? Anything that can be done to expedite the process?
Yea even I faced that problem.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:21   #2197
BHPian

Editing title of a thread

How does one go about editing the title of one's thread to communicate updates?

Also, a friend signed up a while back and she got an activation email message, but she still can't post any threads. Why is that?
Old 8th May 2009, 11:24   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
How does one go about editing the title of one's thread to communicate updates?
You cannot edit the title of the thread, it has to be requested to the MODS to change the Title of the thread.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:28   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
You cannot edit the title of the thread, it has to be requested to the MODS to change the Title of the thread.

Oh Ok. Thank you buddy. Appreciate it. Hope that's something they (Mods) could allow thread creators (BHPians and higher membership levels) to do

Last edited by pranava999 : 8th May 2009 at 11:31.
Old 9th May 2009, 13:21   #2200
BHPian

Can someone collate the suggestions that have been accepted and post it - I couldnt read through 2000 odd replies here but am interested to know the changes that are coming up!
Old 11th May 2009, 07:44   #2201
Senior - BHPian

I'll probably get infracted to hell over this, maybe this'll get deleted, maybe it'll get ignored, maybe i'll get 100 hate PMs but its an irony that has not left me for the 550 odd km that I drove today.

In the whole Skoda case, we have gone to town about how Skoda is not being forthright, not acknowledging the case (harish) while Team-BHP stands for the truth.

When it comes to banishing tirthankar - a well known/loved/hated (take your pick) member - its done silently overnight. The truth remains guesswork for the vast confounded/relieved/indifferent majority.

I have been told by many sources that things have been well debated internally (mostly by people who havent met him!) on Tirthankar's case etc. However, as it stands, the baby has been thrown out with the baby water - several threads/posts deleted(Most of the varanasi thread was interesting) /appeal messages ignored/direct email/contact form channels not replied to.

But you know, honestly, given that about 3.5 days have passed, can we today put our hands on our hearts and say that team-BHP "stands" for the truth. Today, we can't.

Maybe its a matter of information dissemination only - but let the truth be known. That is a real commitment to quality. To walk the talk when things turn ugly. Unlike the mostly good-to-read posts in this thread.

PS: I have seen multiple threads and posts deleted - have searched the forum but no luck. If something has been posted from the mod team/GTO - apologies and could someone kindly point me there.
PPS: I am not denying that the mods concerns were not valid (I dont know)- just that there is neither clarity and in most cases a bilateral dialogue is possible.
Old 11th May 2009, 08:16   #2202
Team-BHP Support

As we reiterate, we do not discuss mod actions but let me comment as follows

1:Tirthankar has not been banished. Due to two infractions, the points totted up leading to a temporary ban.

2: His threads which describe dangerous driving (no sleep, rest, phtographs at 100km.h, stopping in the fast lane, underage driving) will not be tolerated

3: The warm cameradie of t-bhp helped him settle in Bangalore and we tolerated his repeated unsafe practices but he repeated posts on these became an abuse
Old 11th May 2009, 20:19   #2203
rippergeo

Not discussing moderator actions has its merits. it streamlines the whole process and makes action quicker.
OTOH, the process becomes more dictatorial/big brother like.

I'm willing to let the moderators decide on what should and what shouldnt be done on the forum(I dont have a choice in the matter anyway, but still....). It would be nice if we could have some reasons posted. Those reasons need not be further discussed in the open, but it would be good to know why forum members are being punished, rather than hearing the story second hand.

For eg- if a member is banned, viewing his public profile should give us an idea of which forum rules were violated. Ofcourse, this opens up a whole new can of worms regarding privacy and stuff, and complicates things further.

So, as far as I'm concerned, the moderators can act as they see fit, and I trust them enough(for what it's worth). I might not agree with some of the verdicts or decisions, but someone has to decide and judge and I dont really envy them that position.

Old 11th May 2009, 21:50   #2204
Senior - BHPian

I agree with phamily man here, after all a forum is made by its members and not the mods. I also have to give due respect to the mods of the forum for doing a very commendable job. Although I have been at the wrong end of the rules more then once its only a couple of times I have felt that things have been too harsh.

Mods should have the authority, but if the members demand a explaination they should be held accountable too.
Old 11th May 2009, 22:20   #2205
Senior - BHPian

This question has been asked before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Maintaining any forum is a tough tough task, and as a moderator on pagalguy I can vouch for that.

And for various reasons mods ban members, either temporarily or permanently. And at the same time other members would at times want to know why that particular member was banned, say if he's a close friend etc.

We have a thread on Pagalguy "Banned on PG ? Why ??" Why not we have a similar concept here ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This would certainly ease the pressure of us. However, we have to realise that some members have been banned for not-so-honourable reasons. In that situation, it is best to ban a member without publicising the reason. This is in the banned members interest.
I personally have no issues with the forum being run this way. And I'm not even complaining about the mod decisions not subject to public discussion rule.
But if team bhp wishes to claim to stand for the truth, I think it should be prepared to walk the talk. Please note that I am not discussing any mod decisions here, Just requesting the admin/mod team to apply the standards to itself what it expects from others

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th May 2009 at 22:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks