Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2013, 20:22   #5461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

The android app will be replaced with a Tapatalk based app very very soon. It will be better at loading images (including pinch-to-zoom etc).

cya
R
Rehaan, when is "very soon" ? Dates / Months ? Sorry for being a typical manager type
Tapatalk has been in discussion for a quarter or more now. Can the support team please please work on its implementation at the earliest ?
Old 27th December 2013, 21:21   #5462
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
We have considered this in the past, and are still looking at other ways to implement this - however, what Drmohitg says is a large part of the problem.
Thanks for the inputs, yes I understand the issues associated with such a facility. To control such nuisance we can consider an option in which such queries will be queued up and will start displaying after approval from moderators/tech support or distinguished BHPians.
Old 27th December 2013, 21:42   #5463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out these threads (and feel free to create your own): LINK
Cool, never knew these threads existed at least for some of the models. How about having a sub-folder for "Technical Specifications and features" under the current section where we can move all these threads. Looks like we have the data but its more or less invisible unless you really know where to look.

The best beneficiary for these threads would be the potential used car buyers. When someone is hunting for a 3-4 year old car, it would be difficult for him to know the feature list across the variants and models that were available so many years back and other similar details which are available for buyers in case they plan for a brand new car. If some features got silently added/dropped at some point 2-3 years back without a facelift, there might be the same model with and without these features available in the used car market for almost the same price.

Last edited by zenren : 27th December 2013 at 21:45.
Old 28th December 2013, 14:56   #5464
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, This is in regards to adding an option called "guestbook" on the tab which has the options like Home, Forum et al. The reason being that Team Bhp pan India and in abroad too enjoys respect in terms of being a very educating forum in the automobile field. As of now the guest and non members can browse our forum and gain knowledge but by adding a guestbook option we shall know how a non-bhpian or a guest feels when he goes through the forum's different threads. They can share their experience and further suggest for improvisation.

Please share your views on the same.

thanks

AD
Old 28th December 2013, 15:48   #5465
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Cool, never knew these threads existed at least for some of the models. How about having a sub-folder for "Technical Specifications and features" under the current section where we can move all these threads. Looks like we have the data but its more or less invisible unless you really know where to look. The best beneficiary for these threads would be the potential used car buyers. When someone is hunting for a 3-4 year old car, it would be difficult for him to know the feature list across the variants and models that were available so many years back and other similar details which are available for buyers in case they plan for a brand new car. If some features got silently added/dropped at some point 2-3 years back without a facelift, there might be the same model with and without these features available in the used car market for almost the same price.
Yes. Like the case of the Skoda Fabia Ambiente and Elegance models in 2008, actually had a seat height adjustment facility for both the driver as well as the passenger.
This got discontinued in 2009 onwards where the seat height adjustment is only available for the driver seat on the elegance model.

It is very difficult indeed to remember what features may or may not have been there in a particular car of a particular vintage and there is no reliable repositiory of such information anywhere either!
Old 1st January 2014, 08:51   #5466
BHPian

No change for this new year? Was expecting something though couldn't follow up these threads.

Can we have a "LIKE" (and may be "UNLIKE") option(s) for the posts/comments? I think most of us are using "THANK YOU" option to show that we like the comment which sometimes is not relevant.

Happy New Year 2014!
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:58   #5467
BHPian

There should be a system, wherein all meet details should be automatically PM'ed to all members from that area. It would surely help!
Old 10th January 2014, 12:50   #5468
Distinguished - BHPian

Typing this from the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page (of each threads). One thing I would love to have incorporated in this box is the inclusion of the most frequently used smileys (4-5 of those). Now, if I have to add a smiley to my post while typing on Quick Reply, I need to click on the "Go Advanced" button which takes me to a different page. A bit more cumbersome, but if I had access to a handful of smileys (which are used frequently), then it would have been great. (Ahh...Have to click on the "Go Advanced" for a smiley addition, choosing to skip it).

Just noticed - this could be implemented in the "Edit" window too. That also does NOT have the provision of the most frequently used smileys.

Edit::
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
There should be a system, wherein all meet details should be automatically PM'ed to all members from that area. It would surely help!
How will the system send a mail to you or me, looking at the location? The idea is good, but to implement this, we will have to have a drop down or pre-loaded values for the "location" parameter.

Another downside could be the number of PMs it will start sending out for each update in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
...Can we have a "LIKE" (and may be "UNLIKE") option(s) for the posts/comments? I think most of us are using "THANK YOU" option to show that we like the comment which sometimes is not relevant...
I LIKE!! May be atleast for the Shifting Gears threads please? Those need NOT be counted (like Thanks count) but would add some fun to reading and appreciating the posts. Eg :: Jokes thread.

I would vote out UNLIKE button though - that's a recipe for unhealthy discussions.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2014 at 13:00. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
Old 18th January 2014, 17:52   #5469
BHPian

Is there a way to re-implement viewing of user profiles?

For example for user "//M" I am getting redirected to another user "///M" because of the way the forward slashes are interpreted.
Old 19th January 2014, 13:57   #5470
Team-BHP Support

Rehaan, we can't seem to upload .txt attachments. It returns this error:

Name:  Error msg.png
Views: 417
Size:  64.2 KB

Please check if we can include .txt into the list of attachments we can upload into BHP servers. Thanks!
Old 19th January 2014, 14:19   #5471
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to implement a feature for the messages box : to sort by sender in addition to the current one by date?
Old 19th January 2014, 22:29   #5472
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Will creating member referrals when newbies want to apply, work for TBHP?
This could work like the process of getting member's introductions and requisite signatures when one wants to apply for a club membership.
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:08   #5473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Rehaan, when is "very soon" ? Dates / Months ?
The app updated for me tonight. I don't know whether it's the same version Rehaan was referring to, but it sure makes the threads more readable and loads much faster.

Although I did take a while to figure few navigation aspects, overall it's a good improvement! :thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Will creating member referrals when newbies want to apply, work for TBHP?
This could work like the process of getting member's introductions and requisite signatures when one wants to apply for a club membership.
It's been a while since I joined but I remember there being a way to mention any referring member when someone applies. I guess it's same as what you're saying, just the other way around. :screwy:
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:13   #5474
BHPian

Now team bhp is on tapatalk too . Great . I use tapatalk 2 to view teambhp .
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:18   #5475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now team bhp is on tapatalk too
The downside: those sig lines telling us that the post was sent from tapatalk. Who cares! (see my sig ).

I guess it is a default, and I guess it is configurable except a lot of people don't bother. Please, people, bother. Tell us something interesting, or amusing, in your sigs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks