Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 12:01   #316
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Glad to hear that they have dispensed with the ECNR page nowadays. Anyway Ive now got a fully re-validated passport with lots of pages in it. its been validated for another 10 years. I vee had to staple all the earlier passports with it on account of valid visas sitting there in the old passports. hope i dont have to re-visit this whole issual/re-issual etc for some time! But I am yet to receive a visit from the police for verification which is supposed to happen post tatkaal receipt.
also in the case of my wife her. police verification has not yet been done. her application is in normal mode so based on the recommendation of the PSK and of our local police station passport wing, on Tuesday last she went to the Police Commissioners office to request them to speed up the process. She took all the documents with her. Had a pretty lousy experience with the people there - they absolutely refuse to help and even speak in any other language but the local language. However, she has requested them for help and we hope they will do the needful. At least another 15 days for her to get her passport in my estimation! in any event we've tried to secure a little extra goodwill in the local police station passport wing by giving the chap who uploads the report a box of high quality sweets. Hope our remaining experience with them is facilitated to some extent.

Our system is truly one of the most backward, irritating and un-necessarily bureaucratic. We have absolutely no sense of a "customer facing" attitude at all. If these police station fellows would only realize that their salaries are paid by our taxes and if the authorities would put a stiff performance target onto them, then we may see some light at the end of the tunnel! Having said all of this, the whole passport issual/ re-issual experience is certainly much better than ever before - at least in Bangalore on account of the sterling work being done by the TCS PSK guys!

I wish it could become better as a holistic experience but for that, the police need some serious education!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Very much normal. They have stopped ECNR page, anyone who has completed X std is now eligible. Sounds strange isnt it but its true.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th June 2011 at 12:03.
Old 9th June 2011, 12:54   #317
BHPian

Got my passport on 8th day after submission.
Old 9th June 2011, 13:33   #318
BHPian

I have applied for the passport renwal in normal mode, since Tatkal appointment itself takes 1 month, so in normal passport mode it is 45 days, so I should receive during the same time if I have applied in Tatkal.

In chennai Cash/DD is accepted for Normal but for Tatkal they accept only DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have booked an appointment for passport renewal next week, but now I want to take the Tatkal scheme. After filling the online application for tatkal it says that there are no dates.
1. In that case can I use the same application form and convert them into tatkal ?
2. Though cash is accepted, my friend told that they will not accept cash in Chennai. I have already taken a printout of the form, once I take DD can I mention the DD No in the form, striking out CASH. Will they accept this ?
3. In my passport spouse name is updated, for passport renewal should I still need to show the marriage certificate as a proof ?
Old 9th June 2011, 13:39   #319
Senior - BHPian

I had applied for the renewal of my passport in December2010 through the normal mode.
I have given a fax SMS to the passport authorities nothing is working.
I am schedule for a trip abroad next month.and yet not received my passport any suggestions guys.
Thanks in advance
Old 9th June 2011, 14:21   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I had applied for the renewal of my passport in December2010 through the normal mode.
I am schedule for a trip abroad next month.and yet not received my passport any suggestions guys.
Thanks in advance
Why did you wait so long? Sprint to your police station. Mostly your application will be held up there for verification. If they dont have it there, call up the passport helpline and find the status.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 14:47   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Why did you wait so long? Sprint to your police station. Mostly your application will be held up there for verification. If they dont have it there, call up the passport helpline and find the status.
Thank you vasoo .I checked with the online status and I received this information
It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time.
Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the passport to arrive

Last edited by gajadonga : 9th June 2011 at 14:51.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:13   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you vasoo .I checked with the online status and I received this information
It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time.
Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the passport to arrive
Since you are going abroad next month, I would suggest that you do not wait for it to arrive. Instead, go to the Regional Passport Office and check the status. They may even give your passport to you in hand if you can justify the urgency.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:43   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
They may even give your passport to you in hand if you can justify the urgency.
This is totally ruled out. They will by all means send it through registered speed post. Better contact the nearest Post office for the latest status.
Old 9th June 2011, 19:17   #324
Senior - BHPian

I thank all of you guys vasoo, ajayr, ghodlur, for your feed back.
I will be just behind the postoffice people who are close to my house.
Old 9th June 2011, 20:02   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
Holy cow, that is 6 months already! I applied only in April for re-issue, and the passport website says 'police verification awaited' though the cop came on May 22nd. Looks like we have real lethargic people here in Hyd.

If you read the TOI, there is an article everyday on the 2nd page regarding passport woes. I wonder how long it will take for things to improve.

Last edited by vnabhi : 9th June 2011 at 20:15.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:32   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Holy cow, that is 6 months already! I applied only in April for re-issue, and the passport website says 'police verification awaited' though the cop came on May 22nd. Looks like we have real lethargic people here in Hyd.

If you read the TOI, there is an article everyday on the 2nd page regarding passport woes. I wonder how long it will take for things to improve.
Why there is a police verification required for passport reissue. I heard that for passport reissue there is no police verification.

I wish passport reissue should be fast since everything has been validated for the first time itself.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:17   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why there is a police verification required for passport reissue. I heard that for passport reissue there is no police verification.

I wish passport reissue should be fast since everything has been validated for the first time itself.
Generally for reissue the police verification is not done provided it has been done earlier and records are there and if there is no change of address. If there is a change in address and new address falls in different police jurisdiction then police verification is done.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:29   #328
BHPian

Thanks for the reply, so I should be getting my passport soon.

Quote:
Generally for reissue the police verification is not done provided it has been done earlier and records are there and if there is no change of address. If there is a change in address and new address falls in different police jurisdiction then police verification is done.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:57   #329
Senior - BHPian

In my case, there was a change of address---the previous passport was issued at Vizag.

Today's Times of India says the cops and blaming the passport officials and vice versa for inordinate delays. It seems Hyderabad is the nation's second-largest passport center, but plagued by terrible delays.

The paper says each havaldar of the Special Branch is given around 15 cases a day, and an incentive of Rs 200 for early verification. But the paper also says that the cops complain that nobody has got that incentive so far, and the money is lying in govt coffers. The cops also say that despite verification report being submitted, the passport officials do not update the website till the time they are about to despatch the passport. As a result, may applicants think that it is still pending police verification.

I believe the AP Police are posting details of verifications done in their own website, of which I have no clue.

Let us see how things work out in my case. I am in no hurry.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:00   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
My mother had applied for a re-issue of her passport. She went to the PSK in Bangalore (she stays in Hassan) and finished the formalities. She was told that the passport would arrive in 20 days.

Exactly after 20 days she received the new passport at our house. There was no change in address or in any particulars. Everything was the same. But, a week/10 days after she received her passport, she got a call from the local police station that a verification was to be done. The policeman asked her to get two witnesses known to her and go to the police station where he could complete the formalities.

Although she did not face any problem, I can understand if verification is done before issuance of the passport, but what is there to verify after she got the passport? There were no changes in the particulars in any way.

Has somebody else also faced this type of situation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks