Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:45   #376
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

@idea

Documents Required

1. Upload all the 3 applications and fix the appointment. With single id you can upload up-to 4 application, but you need to separate appointment for all the applicant.
2. Address proof proof (Since my wife's previous passport was from different city) -Wife's Nationalized bank passbook with last 1 year updates, better to make a recent transaction and get it updated.
3.Wife's degree certificate
4.Marriage certificate(for attaching spouse name)
5.Old passport copy

Kid's

1. Birth certificate
2. Address proof - Wife's Nationalized bank passbook with last 1 year updates
3. Wife's application receipt
4. Passport copy of parent(s)
5. Declaration signed by both the parents (A Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor as per: Annexure 'H' ).

We don't need to carry photos, it will be taken by counter A staff. Hope your 1.5 year will be comfortable to do that. Otherwise some option will be there which i am not sure.

The details steps at Bangalore can be found at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2388019

Only difference in my case is, after finishing Counter A steps, i went back to verification counter again for my kid's application with wife's application receipt.

@VindyWheels

I didn't upload any of the supporting documents. It was done by Counter A staff.
Regarding address proof, they want last one year statement. Initially i was having last 10 months transactions statement copy, latter they asked me to take the copy for one year.

No idea about PSK call center number, we are staying nearby and checked the details personally at the information counter.
kavu75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:05   #377
BHPian

Got my daughter's passport done in tatkaal.
Received it on 4th day after visiting the PSK, Bangalore.

Easy steps:-
1) Filled the application form online
2) Booked appointment in tatkaal
3) Visited, submitted all documents (You must take Minor / applicant with you)

NO Police Verification required.

Documents submitted:-

1) 'Birth certificate' of the child (Self attested copy - any parent can sign)
2) Both Parents Passport xerox (self attested) - Mine had wife's name endorsed. (It is MUST for getting minor's passport)
3) Annexure H (On plain paper with both parents signature)

NO address proof required, as my passport had our current address.

Thats it !

Now the best part :-

1) For minors, generally they will process your request quickly from counter A,B & C. We entered PSK at 11.00 Hrs and we were out of the building by 12.00 Hrs (Yes, just one hour)
2) The guy at the counter told me that 'They have increased tatkaal quota' to 800 per day from 100 earlier. (So, now its easy to get tatkaal appointments online)
3) He also mentioned that 'generally Tuesdays will have less rush - due to superstitious behaviour of our fellow Indians'.

Note : If you can take minor's passport size photograph with you, they would accept it. This is because its difficult for them to take minor's photo at the counter (As your kid may not cooperate, especially if he/she is <1 year old)

Last edited by neo45007 : 22nd July 2011 at 15:08.
Old 24th July 2011, 23:58   #378
BHPian

Photo background - light or dark???

Guys,
I am about to initiate Passport renewal for self and issuing of fresh passport for my 11 mth old kid. Due to personal constraints, I'll be taking the agent route.

The agent has specifically told me that the photos need to be dark background ones, whereas the ones I have are white background ones. I have checked the Govt of India's passport website <www.passport.gov.in> which clearly states photos need to be with light background and dark background ones will not be accepted.

Since the agent does it on a routine basis, he too must be saying this from an experience. So I am confused. How could the two be diameterically opposite ? I don't want to initiate it wrong way just to find it getting stuck for such reasons. The agent was citing some technical issue when scanning the photos with white background.

Can anyone from Pune who has recently got passport(s) issued here, confirm what are the specifications for the photographs? I am pretty sure they must be the same as rest of India...but still I have a reason to doubt it.

Appreciate your help guys
Old 25th July 2011, 10:14   #379
BHPian

Passport renewal appointment at PSK, Mangalore on July 6th. Passport delivered to me on July 19th.
Old 25th July 2011, 10:35   #380
BHPian

I need to renew my passport before October, since I will be travelling abroad. Passport is valid till Mid February.

The problem is about the address proof.

I was staying in a rented house till now and will shift to my own house on August 1st. What document can I provide for the address proof?

The electricity bill will be available only in september end.

Will the house registartion document serve as address proof?

My bank account, credit card, landline bill all have the present address of the rented house.

Will a letter from employer (Private organization - MNC) work for address proof.

Thanks in Advance
Old 25th July 2011, 16:56   #381
BANNED

Thanks for detailed revert.

My wife has account in ICICI - so no passbook. Will try to get a letter from HR for address proof on company letter head.

I will be taking marriage certificate for Spouse name update. However i really wonder if she can can continue her old name (before marriage on passport)?

Do i have to carry my 1.5 year old kid with me? Recently i contacted a authorised agent in pune. He asked me to just handover document to him and rest he will take care and my wife/kid need not have to come to passport office ! . He is expecting 800/- per application.

Do i have to carry all document xerox in 2 copies. I believe these needs to be self attested. ?

Where do i download Annex H? I could not locate it on http://passport.gov.in/pune.html?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
@idea

Documents Required

1. Upload all the 3 applications and fix the appointment. With single id you can upload up-to 4 application, but you need to separate appointment for all the applicant.
2. Address proof proof (Since my wife's previous passport was from different city) -Wife's Nationalized bank passbook with last 1 year updates, better to make a recent transaction and get it updated.
3.Wife's degree certificate
4.Marriage certificate(for attaching spouse name)
5.Old passport copy

Kid's

1. Birth certificate
2. Address proof - Wife's Nationalized bank passbook with last 1 year updates
3. Wife's application receipt
4. Passport copy of parent(s)
5. Declaration signed by both the parents (A Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor as per: Annexure 'H' ).

We don't need to carry photos, it will be taken by counter A staff. Hope your 1.5 year will be comfortable to do that. Otherwise some option will be there which i am not sure.

The details steps at Bangalore can be found at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2388019

Only difference in my case is, after finishing Counter A steps, i went back to verification counter again for my kid's application with wife's application receipt.

@VindyWheels

I didn't upload any of the supporting documents. It was done by Counter A staff.
Regarding address proof, they want last one year statement. Initially i was having last 10 months transactions statement copy, latter they asked me to take the copy for one year.

No idea about PSK call center number, we are staying nearby and checked the details personally at the information counter.

Last edited by idea : 25th July 2011 at 17:07.
Old 25th July 2011, 17:40   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
I need to renew my passport before October, since I will be travelling abroad. Passport is valid till Mid February.

The problem is about the address proof.
I suggest to take following steps:- (Both you can get immediately done).

1) Go to your bank, request them to change the address (put your new / own house address now) & later take one year statement (This will serve as your address proof).
2) Take company letter (Has to be on letterhead & with seal). Only letter from public limited companies accepted.
  • Remember, if you are applying in tatkaal - you need TWO seperate documents for address proof.
  • If its a NORMAL application; even one of the above will serve for address proof.

Last edited by neo45007 : 25th July 2011 at 17:41.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:39   #383
BHPian

Please find my reply in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post

My wife has account in ICICI - so no passbook. Will try to get a letter from HR for address proof on company letter head.
AFIK, They won't take letter from private company. But you can try bank statement with manager's signature and seal.

I will be taking marriage certificate for Spouse name update. However i really wonder if she can can continue her old name (before marriage on passport)?
Yes she can continue her old name. Hope the same name in marriage certificate also.

Do i have to carry my 1.5 year old kid with me? Recently i contacted a authorised agent in pune. He asked me to just handover document to him and rest he will take care and my wife/kid need not have to come to passport office ! . He is expecting 800/- per application.
AFIK, both of them should be there. No idea how about through agents

Do i have to carry all document xerox in 2 copies. I believe these needs to be self attested. ?
Yes, carry all document copies(2 nos). It should be self attested.

Where do i download Annex H? I could not locate it on :: Welcome to Passport Office Pune ::
I got the Annex H from PSK itself.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 23:56   #384
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Please find my reply in bold
Thanks for reply. My reverts here for further reference.

AFIK, They won't take letter from private company. But you can try bank statement with manager's signature and seal.

Atleast passport site mentions, they will accept letters from reputed company.

Yes she can continue her old name. Hope the same name in marriage certificate also.

My agent has said no to it. Hmmm..

AFIK, both of them should be there. No idea how about through agents

Got it confirmed. Both of them not required in passport office. Money will do its job.

Yes, carry all document copies(2 nos). It should be self attested.

Where do i download Annex H? I could not locate it on :: Welcome to Passport Office Pune ::
I got the Annex H from PSK itself.

Got it now.

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREH_minor.htm

Last edited by idea : 26th July 2011 at 00:04.
idea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 16:10   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
I suggest to take following steps:- (Both you can get immediately done).

1) Go to your bank, request them to change the address (put your new / own house address now) & later take one year statement (This will serve as your address proof).
2) Take company letter (Has to be on letterhead & with seal). Only letter from public limited companies accepted.
  • Remember, if you are applying in tatkaal - you need TWO seperate documents for address proof.
  • If its a NORMAL application; even one of the above will serve for address proof.
My question was mainly to know if the passport renewal needs me to be staying at a address for some period of time?

As you mentioned I can update the address in Bank and take a statement.

This will serve as present address proof. Is that enough?

If they need me to show where I was staying before I moved to my own house, I have ample documents for that (Rental agreement, bank statements, landline bills)
Old 26th July 2011, 23:38   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post

I submitted ICICI bank statements as address proof. The PSK official accepted t without question. They however require a runnng statement for the last one year.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:48   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Got my daughter's passport done in tatkaal.
Received it on 4th day after visiting the PSK, Bangalore.
Thanks neo! I am applying for my daughter's new passport (her old one issued at age 5 months from Bangalore RPO is expiring) and since the rules seem to be uniform across the country, don't foresee a major problem in Pune since my passport has my (police verified) local address.

Just a quick doubt: since my daughter's just 5, she hasn't developed a signature yet. Her first passport has a thumb impression for obvious reasons. Should I ask her to "sign" the application form or just get another thumb imprint?

Also, do I need to take her to the RPO personally? I have an appointment on Friday at 10 am which is school hours. In Bangalore I had taken her with me but the official had told me kindly that it hadn't been necessary. Any advice would help.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:56   #388
Senior - BHPian

^Noop, get a thumb impression. Since this passport would be valid for 10 years or so, the signature would change, but naturally. Better to have a thumb impression.

The enquiry number has been posted on their website. You could give them a ring and confirm if she would be needed.

My query is, how long does it take for the passport to be renewed? Not tatkaal. Also, if the applicaiton has been made through normal procedure, can you change it to tatkaal once its in process?
Old 27th July 2011, 14:11   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
My query is, how long does it take for the passport to be renewed? Not tatkaal. Also, if the applicaiton has been made through normal procedure, can you change it to tatkaal once its in process?
It takes about 2-3 weeks for passport renewal through the normal procedure. And i dont think you can change the 'mode' to tatkaal once you go via the normal route.
avasekeh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 14:47   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Swanand, thanks. Will check with them.

I got my passport from RPO Pune last year (non tatkaal, changed address, staying less than a year, rented acco- you name it!) in 40 days. No harassment from cops or anything of that sort. Increased my respect for the RPO tremendously!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks