Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2013, 18:09   #1006
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Passport renewal log:

Day 1: Form filled and uploaded, appointment slots not available.

Day 2: Logged in waiting for 6, click click. Hoorahh! Slot seen click click! Eternal Spin happens, timed out! Retry and status says Lalbagh 500 given and ORR one 600! All under 2 minutes

Day 3:
Old 24th February 2013, 18:33   #1007
BHPian

I've been trying to get appointments for my wife, mom & self. I wanted to get it on the same day to avoid the inconvenience(wishful thinking, I know)

Let me share my log here:
Day1: My cousin is helping me & myself try for slots however we could not get any
Day2: My cousin manages to get one for mom, whereas am not able to get any(am on the horrible bsnl connection, whereas he's on a high speed connection)
1 slot confirmed
Day3: I try from my moms house(airtel's 8mbps line) my cousin manages to move moms apt by a day so that she can go along with my wife, but I end up getting an apt for myself, my wife's session times out.
2 slots confirmed
Day4: We manage to get an apt for my wife on the same day as ours, hurray!,
3 slots confirmed on same day @ 14:00, 14:15 & 14:45 can't get any sweeter than this.

Moral of the story: forget getting slots if you on bsnl or any other such type of connections, go to your office/friends place where there is high speed internet.

hope this helps
Old 25th February 2013, 09:21   #1008
BHPian

In Chennai at least, when I renewed my passport last month, there was no problem in getting the slots. I got my passport (new booklet) in just 1.5 days through Tatkal.
Old 25th February 2013, 10:13   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Passport renewal log:
Day 2: Retry and status says Lalbagh 500 given and ORR one 600! All under 2 minutes
So more than 1000+ folks are applying for passport in a day mean 22000+ in a month
Not sure looks fishy but we have to live with this
BEST of luck

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th February 2013 at 11:36. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 25th February 2013, 11:31   #1010
BHPian

I booked two slots at PSK-ORR, Bangalore yesterday. So its not difficult to get the booking.

This was my second day of trying only.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:00   #1011
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Passport renewal log:

Day 1: Form filled and uploaded, appointment slots not available.
=====
Day 3:
Update:

Day 3: by the time i clicked to confirm the time, someone else took the appointment away.

Day 4 Sun: Changed the plan, was logged in from phone since i couldn't get back home on time.

At 555 pm log in. Went to manage appointment page and kept captcha entered and waited at 559 pm. 6 pm submitted and chose appointment for wed instead of mon, confirmed witch captcha and spin was happening. And i thought i will get kicked out!.

Went back to the manage page and hoooraaaaaaaaaaaah! i have an appointment for Wed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
So more than 1000+ folks are applying for passport in a day mean 22000+ in a month
Not sure looks fishy but we have to live with this
BEST of luck
I have a feeling it was incremental since on day 2 it was 625 and 650 IIRC.
Old 27th February 2013, 18:10   #1012
Team-BHP Support

So today was the D day and first and foremost a BIG THANK YOU! to all the guys who contributed to this amazing thread. My whole experience was a very pleasant one, compared to the horror i feared off.

Appointment was 10.45 am and reporting 10.30 am. Vidyut had warned me and asked me to be little ahead of time to avoid long Q's, so i set off at 920 from Koramangala. To my surprise traffic was smooth and parking was a jiffy and i walked in at Sai Arcade PSK at 9.45 am

The security politely asked me to wait next to him. Was finally let in by around 10.10 am. Usually they let you in 15 mts before reporting time. So technically there is no need to actually go very early. Also i saw people walking in with 9.30 am appointments at 9.50 am etc.

1st stop was the counter where they check docs, create the file etc, hardly 5 mts i took. I had a passport which expired in 2007. Had change of address since it was issued in Kerala and now married and residing in Bangalore. Though i had a hell lot of documentation with me, what i submitted were:
  1. Old passport- Original checked, copy submitted.
  2. Citibank statement 1 year, with cover note and seal/sign submitted.
  3. Marriage certificate copy, attested by notary submitted.

Online form print + Docs submitted were given back and a Token sheet given and i was asked to go in where the so called A, B, C counters are.

As soon as i walked into waiting area, the attendant who calls out the token number from the screen was calling my token no and swiftly guided me straight to counter A.

Counter A - The gal corrected the entries of my parents name since i had entered initials, as per my old passport. Now i guess they take only name in full in all fields and no initials. She was polite and knew what she was doing. Took the pic, finger print scan, signatures, form for cancellation was added with my signature and was asked to pay 1500 cash and then went to waiting area.

Time take till now, hardly 15-20 mts since entry to PSK.

Next was to wait for token to appear in the screen for counter B, 1 hour and 10 mts later i was at counter B! nothing can be done, just wait have a coffee thats all. Keep a close watch on screen for counter B since if you miss the slot 2-3 times it will be cancelled, though the attenders there are constantly calling out the token numbers. Saw 1 guy miss it today.

Walked into counter B, the person was very polite! Unlike the story i heard. He is a govt officer but a very sweet one! He took the originals of submitted stuff, cross verified form entry with docs, made some ticks and stuff and i was asked to move to counter C. Would have taken 5 mts.

There is a separate small wait area for counter C at Sai. This time i waited for about 10 mts before token number was displayed on screen. Moved to the counter, similar to B process. Further checks, tick marks, original doc glance etc and was asked to give my old passport and it was stamped with cancellation. The gentleman at counter was lil down on energy, but a smile and some wishes did gave a hint of smile at the end.

Moved to exit, was given a feedback form and they took the token form. I ensured i entered feedback, though the guy was asking only for name and numbers. Not surprising, but i gave all good ratings. 12.12 pm i was out with acknowledgment form. So about 2 hours in total. Checked status on phone while at lunch and already its showing "sent for police verification to the police station"!

Moral of the story, be very relaxed and expect to spent 2-3 hours. Carry all the docs, as per the list. Go through this thread and you will be just fine.

Another interesting thing i noticed, the majority of the applicants were elderly and children (that too babies). Rest might be under 20%.

Hopefully the police verification will also pass peacefully, keeping everything crossed.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th February 2013 at 19:22.
Old 27th February 2013, 18:28   #1013
BHPian

The whole experience I had; right from waiting at the entrance had made me recall my board exam
I was so nervous going to the counter, I was rejected two times for some document and it was the last day for which my appointment was valid. Also I had immediate travel scheduled, so I was damn nervous.
My experience with counters A and C was good but at counter B, I was made to produce an additional address proof. The frustrating part was the officer asked me to get a copy of the additional proof and when I got one, he did not bother to take it!
All in all, a very memorable experience which I will not forget for long time.
Old 27th February 2013, 18:37   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully the police verification will also pass peacefully, keeping everything crossed.
Hi Jaggu,

A tip here, Go to the police station ( the one mentioned on your form) say by Friday. Carry all the documents you had submitted to the PSK in original and another copy of the same. Carry 2 passport size photos along with the receipt of your submission.

The police chap will be a bit surprised of you being there without him calling but will nevertheless will take your application and fill in the details ( it saves him the effort of calling you). All this is now online

Complete the formalities and you will see the status after two days docs sent to police commissioner's office and may be after a week or 10 days passport printed and after a day passport disptached.
Old 28th February 2013, 14:43   #1015
Team-BHP Support

Super impressed! got a call for police verification. Going there in a while with passport pics, old passport etc.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:04   #1016
Team-BHP Support

So police verification also done, very clean and polite guys. Got the signature on forms, pasted one passport pic, collected copy of address proof and old passport and i was off. He mentioned 15-20 days tops since my passport had expired 3 years back. Now the final wait.

100/100 marks to Bangalore cops, Madiwala station
Old 3rd March 2013, 21:00   #1017
Team-BHP Support

Today status changed to, sent to "Commissioner office for blah blah" So first local police station then it goes to city's central cop database for checks i guess. Not bad, system is doing due diligence and pretty fast at it.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd March 2013 at 21:01.
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:10   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Going to get the renewal done for name change (current passport has surname blank). The online application states that Annexure E is to be sourced (for name change requirement) on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimum value. Could someone provide any suggestions on this? I presume, I can get this done by a lawyer on an immediate basis?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AnnexureE.pdf (161.5 KB, 697 views)
Old 4th March 2013, 11:56   #1019
DKW
BHPian

Hello Team,
I need to correct mothers Date of Birth on her passport. The difference is of only one day and I have her Birth Certificate issued by the Civil Registrar in Goa. However the passport officer in Bombay is requesting for her School Leaving Certificate which I cannot obtain since the school is now defunct (She studied in a Portuguese school in Goa in the 1950's when Goa had a Portuguese government in place). Moreover she was in school only for a year in the 4th standard. She is over 65 years old and doesnt remember the exact year.
I dont understand the reason they wouldnt correct the DOB when I am presenting them her Birth Certificate. The Officer told her it would be difficult for them to correct the DOB on the basis of her birth certificate since she has travelled abroad on the old passport and that her old passports(2) have the incorrect DOB. I'm planning to file an affidavit stating her School leaving certificate is unavailable and affirm her correct DOB on it and also get a court order for the same.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 4th March 2013, 14:03   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I have submitted my online form on last Saturday, yet to get the appointment slot. I understand that it opens around 6pm (Bangalore) and I should be trying around that time. Can someone please confirm its still the same time? Does it (getting appointment slot) remain open on weekends too?

I'm going to go for renewal in Tatkal and it shows only two documents required, 1> copy of old passport + address proof (since my address is changed).

- Can someone confirm if I need any other documents apart from these (the document adviser on website says on these two!)
- I heard that with Tatkal, you can just walk in, does this mean that I don't need to get the appointment slot and I can walk in with the documents?
- Are the document copies need to be attested / notarized! Can someone please confirm this?

Thanks in advance, I know I'm asking the same questions those may have been answered earlier, I've also started to search this thread for more information, please feel free to add your comments/answers if you think the procedure/answers changed recently!!
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks