Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 12:10   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!! Is It Worth It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Hi Selfdrive, my experience is little different but true, like I use to be on a cruise line, and the whole world will visit us.
sorry! Are you sure about what you are talking. No disrespect to your experience, but how can you judge a country just by seeing a few samples.Well, then what will you say about our beloved country, if you happen to meet, some of our politicians or gundas? A complete logical disaster.

Your comment about

Quote:
Selfdrive hi,
I find whole of Europe a bit castist, like a lower level walking in a brahmin home.
Uk is VAT & gone monarchy.
Germany is so Deutschland, but the womens are amazing.
I seriously condemn the words you have used.
Old 31st August 2012, 12:11   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So based on your limited exposure to a certain class of people who take luxury cruises, you are claiming to be an expert on international demographics and behavior?
Wow!
sir, the line below of the one mentioned by you also mention of me living in toronto for two years.
Old 31st August 2012, 12:15   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
sir, the line below of the one mentioned by you also mention of me living in toronto for two years.
that is one city in one country,
Your post explained about Europe, australia, americas....
Old 31st August 2012, 12:17   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
sorry! Are you sure about what you are talking. No disrespect to your experience, but how can you judge a country just by seeing a few samples.Well, then what will you say about our beloved country, if you happen to meet, some of our politicians or gundas? A complete logical disaster.

Your comment about

I seriously condemn the words you have used.
sir the world is not certainly flat and there are differences among us, we should accept it and a nice way is to laugh oter it,
btw hope all my post here should be read after watching you tube videos of
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Peters

Quote:
that is one city in one country,
Your post explained about Europe, australia, americas....
i had friends working with me from across the world on cruise ship

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st August 2012 at 12:27. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 31st August 2012, 12:26   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i had friends working with me from across the world on cruise ship
So You agree with me. You are basing your observations on the minor sample of "your friends" and "your customers". I still am quite . I have lived 6 months in a single suburb of California, yet I still do not claim to be an expert of the people of that particular suburb, as I think its too small a sample!
Old 31st August 2012, 12:39   #261
BHPian

Quote:
So You agree with me. You are basing your observations on the minor sample of "your friends" and "your customers". I still am quite . I have lived 6 months in a single suburb of California, yet I still do not claim to be an expert of the people of that particular suburb, as I think its too small a sample!
or we can take it this way,

you can separate all my Criticisms country wise and lets asks it to those members here who live in those country.

Also we can ask more details like jobs.

Life cycle of an immigrant.

My exercise is only to highlight the ugly side, so people are better informed

Last edited by ritz3645 : 31st August 2012 at 12:51.
Old 31st August 2012, 13:03   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

ritz,

Let's go through your original post point by point:
Quote:
I find whole of Europe a bit castist, like a lower level walking in a brahmin home.
This is quite a shocking statement. The reference to brahmin homes and "lower levels' harks back to a regressive time and are best left out a civilised discussion. I hope this is clear.
Quote:
Uk is VAT & gone monarchy.
I have no idea what "VAT & gone" means. Also fail to see what the Queen has to do with your day to day life as an immigrant!
Quote:
Germany is so Deutschland, but the womens are amazing.
Am sure the Frauleins are celebrating at your thumping endorsement </sarc>
But your comment is completely superficial. Germany at present has the strongest economy among the developed countries and is quite an attractive place to seek employment. In fact there was a very productive discussion going on about this before we got sidetracked.
Quote:
With new world its different ie US.
CANADA is UK backwater and thinks its better than USA. Imagine Pamela anderson, canadian are proud of her.
Canada has enough to be proud of even without Ms. Anderson who in any case lives in California now. They have apparently been rated by the UN as the best country to live in, real estate is cheap, their education system is highly rated. healthcare is free. Those are things you look at when you move to another country. Not Pamela Anderson, despite all her charms.
Quote:
If a teen girl disappears in canada, she is most likely to be in a USA strip place.
Not sure what this means. Best to avoid reacting to cheap slurs like this, I suppose.
Quote:
Dont consider much of australia or newzealand, as they are rugged pub fighting farmers.
I see. New Zealand again is one of the better countries to migrate to, from all accounts. Australia isn't the more foreigner-friendly place if one doesn't "fit in" but tossing that kind of stereotype isn't going to help.
Quote:
You can be the most sophisticated but they will be their way.
I can imagine how sophisticated you come across.
Quote:
Usa fabric is different the society i mean.

And then you have people related with Israel, who are the top businessmen or top on the food chain.
You hate the Jews too? Why am I not surprised?

On a serious note, your worldview needs some serious adjustment. EVERY society has its good and bad, and most of us are reasonable enough to weigh the pros and cons before making a life choice as significant as this. It's very unfortunate that you choose to reduce it to a series of cliched stereotypes that are apparently inspired by a stand-up comic's sketches.
Old 31st August 2012, 13:12   #263
BHPian

Quote:
or we can take it this way,

you can separate all my Criticisms country wise and lets asks it to those members here who live in those country.

Also we can ask more details like jobs.

Life cycle of an immigrant.

My exercise is only to highlight the ugly side, so people are better informed
ritz, I find your comments really immature. You seem to be talking out of pre-conceived notions which were affirmed by your and your friends experiences. I don't know what kind of experiences you had with people on your stints abroad, but what comes out of your narration is that you chose to stick to the negative ones. After living in a city for 2 years (Toronto, as you mentioned) I find it amusing that all you could gather to say here was that the girls there end up in American clubs.

I mean no disrespect to you or your experiences, but I am sure many will agree with me that when discussing a question like "Is it worth moving to a foreign land?", we need to look at the positives and negatives in a logical, objective and unbiased way. I don't mean to attack or insult you personally, but I feel your comments are edging on racist and stereotypical rants about perfectly respectable communities in other parts of this world. As Yeti has said on this forum a number of times, erase borders and be a world citizen!

Mods: Please delete my post if you find it as a personal attack, I don't intend it that way though. Just a humble effort to steer the thread back towards a healthy discussion.
Old 31st August 2012, 13:29   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
ritz,

Let's go through your original post point by point:

(...)
On a serious note, your worldview needs some serious adjustment. EVERY society has its good and bad, and most of us are reasonable enough to weigh the pros and cons before making a life choice as significant as this. It's very unfortunate that you choose to reduce it to a series of cliched stereotypes that are apparently inspired by a stand-up comic's sketches.
sir let me make it clear point blank, I hate no community period.

Like every plant, human etc etc have unique character, or differences that make us unique, i am bringing it out.

Thanks for agreeing no AU.

For canada google for a site called nocanada, please.

If you do not know VAT, sorry but you could google it, and i find it painfull to explain it and discuss with you of UK minus the city(london) please.

Germany economy, try communicating with them and trust me you will need plenty ice breakers.

Immigration is not a bollywood movie, there are lives and families at stake.

If you read my post above i advised of only high skilled people to migrate as if it does not work they can shoulder the aftermath.

I may sound impulsive but there are messages and meaning in my post

Last edited by noopster : 31st August 2012 at 14:06. Reason: Please do not quote a large post in its entirety. Makes it difficult for mobile/small screen users
Old 31st August 2012, 13:35   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Germany economy, try communicating with them and trust me you will need plenty ice breakers.

@ritz,
sir, Can you be little bit more brief? May be an example? Some situation to support your claim.

@ALL,

We all respect each others opinions here but please lets stick to the topic, shall we?
Old 31st August 2012, 13:54   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post

@ritz,
sir, Can you be little bit more brief? May be an example? Some situation to support your claim.

@ALL,

We all respect each others opinions here but please lets stick to the topic, shall we?
Germans are very hardworking and competitive on world scale. But adjusting to their lives is so hard.

We Indians are excellent at English language, but parts of europe including germany are scenario like AP,KA,KL in india on language.

Can i do a little summary here of all my posts above,

no country is good or bad but they have solid uniqueness,

economy going up or down is cyclic what is up today will go down tomorrow,

i said USA the best as an immigration destination.

With newzealand some people face scenario of where they are overqualified and jobs are scare.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:03   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Germans are very hardworking and competitive on world scale. But adjusting to their lives is so hard.

We Indians are excellent at English language, but parts of europe including germany are scenario like AP,KA,KL in india on language.

Can i do a little summary here of all my posts above,

no country is good or bad but they have solid uniqueness,

economy going up or down is cyclic what is up today will go down tomorrow,

i said USA the best as an immigration destination.

With newzealand some people face scenario of where they are overqualified and jobs are scare.
Now you are starting to make some sense. I appreciate your viewpoints on there being both positive and negative points in each civilization. But I think the way you presented your points, although with the intention of making people aware of the pitfalls in various countries did you no good as it did not look objective, which is the aim of this thread.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:13   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Let's call a spade a spade. There is nothing "objective" about the way ritz3645 presented his views. If he had then Pamela Anderson, German women, Brahmins etc. would NOT feature in his original post.

Having said that, let's move on and focus on the topic under discussion.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 14:14   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for agreeing no AU.

Based on what? Pub brawls? lol!!

I wonder why Aus/Canadian cities are rated among the top 10 cities in the world (for living) for so many years now
Old 31st August 2012, 14:36   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are coming up with more and more stereotype comments.

Based on your last few posts, I to stress on one point - for those who plan to make a move: Go with an open mind. Avoid having pre-conceived notions and try not form opinions based on what you heard from friends/elsewhere.

Most Viewed