Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2008, 17:18   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Do you still hope that there will a result in this test match? Match is going to be a draw.
Stranger things have happened, my friend. We wrote off another test with Pakistan as a draw less than a month back. We all know what happened on the last day.

BTW it now looks like Steve Bucknor needs both a new hearing aid and a fresh pair of glasses. Can we do an SMS campaign to help him buy these?
Old 5th January 2008, 17:36   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
BTW it now looks like Steve Bucknor needs both a new hearing aid and a fresh pair of glasses. Can we do an SMS campaign to help him buy these?
Sure, you can count on me..what is the number.
Old 5th January 2008, 20:52   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
But there are incidents in the past as well that will raise eyebrows regarding his attitude.
...........................And do you remember how Rahul Dravid (the skipper at that time) declared with Sachin nearing a double century (or was it just a century)? What was revealing was Sachin's comment -- that he was "hurt" because of the declaration and that everybody values a (double) hundred. Not a single word about the team's cause. And why did Dravid declare? Because again, Sachin wouldn't make effort to speed up the scoring when the team needed it.
Well said rks

and to add it what else he said,something like ---"we were going at 5 runs per over what acc. to test match point of view is quite good."He dint hide his dislike of timely declaration even in public.What a shame that he was only thinking of his double ton rather than when to put pak into bat.

Mind you it was only Yuvraj's effort who was batting at other end that India's run rate was about 5 when declaration was quite near.Tomorrow if Aussies dont lose ealry wickets,then they will tell us how much run rate is required when declaration is quite near.

That incident reminded me of what happened during 1993-94 sereis with WI when M.Prabhaker and N.Mongia decided to take it easy and not get out when all India needed was about 8 runs per over in last few overs to win that ODI.
If i remember correctly both were banned for next match by BCCI.
Old 6th January 2008, 10:11   #2464
BANNED

17.4 Clark to Tendulkar, OUT, bowled him! Off the inside edge! Clark pitches it on a good length outside off stump, it angled into Tendulkar who moved forward and began to play at it before deciding he wanted to pull his bat out of the way, he couldn't do it in time and the ball ricochets into leg stump off the inside edge, that's the third time on the tour that Tendulkar has played on

SR Tendulkar b Clark 12 (16b 3x4 0x6) SR: 75.00

Little master doesn't save the game for India yet another time. May be this expectation from me weighed on him so much that he got out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Given Sachin's credentials it is doubtful that he would have scored so many runs if VVS and Rahul Dravid hadnt done the hard work ahead of him. Yes it is harsh, but the truth often is.
Old 6th January 2008, 10:57   #2465
LLL
BHPian

Australia Series - Poor Umpiring

Just Now, Dravid has been given out and all replays show bat was nowhere the ball.

In both the tests, bad decisions have mostly been given against india.

India has not cared to aggressilvely take this up with ICC and umpires and have henced accepted the bad decisions. they are selling out india's reputation by unnecessarily getting into a position of defeat.

if i were kumble, i would walk out of this test and let ICC implement its stupid code of conduct. Let icc first implement its code of conduct on good umpiring and fair play. If they can ban the indian team, well so be it.

Let australia suffer the loss of revenue and let international cricket be thrown into a crisis. But that will teach ICC and australia a good lesson. Like pakistan tried by walking out of the test in england (though their administrators didnt have the guts to follow up) and Sri lanka did when murali was no-balled.

AND JUST NOW, GANGULY HAS BEEN GIVEN OUT AND HE IS NOT WALKING. GAVASKAR HAS CLEARLY SHOWN THAT THIS WAS ALSO NOT OUT.

edit: i dont agree with administrators that this thread should be part of cricket thread as whats happening in scg is not cricket at all. its a sham being played out by umpires, australian team, indian team and icc. INDIAN TEAM IS EQUALLY TO BLAME BY TAKING IT LYING DOWN. THEY NEED TO FINISH OFF BENSON AND BUCKNOR'S CAREERS, LIKE SL AND PAK DID WITH DARRYL HAIR.

Last edited by LLL : 6th January 2008 at 11:16. Reason: absolutely pissed.
Old 6th January 2008, 11:16   #2466
Senior - BHPian

WORST BUNCH OF CHEATS AND LIERS that I have ever seen in my life !! And they dare to call themselves World Champions.. IF you ask me, they are certainly not World champions of cricket... maybe Champions of cheating and lying.
Old 6th January 2008, 11:28   #2467
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
WORST BUNCH OF CHEATS AND LIERS that I have ever seen in my life !! And they dare to call themselves World Champions.. IF you ask me, they are certainly not World champions of cricket... maybe Champions of cheating and lying.
ADD INDIAN TEAM AND BCCI TO THIS.

India team - worst bunch of sissies i have seen in my life. Had i been in kumble's place, i would have stopped the tour from this moment onwards. Or if i were draivd or ganguly, i would pull out of tour if kumble wants to keep the tour on.

BCCI - Rajiv shukla says they will look into the matter?? Come on, you are the biggest board in the world and some bunch of jokers are screwing our national team and you still want to look into the matter??
Old 6th January 2008, 11:55   #2468
BHPian

I fail to understand why the BCCI is so scared to raise its voice. All they are concerned about it money, let the game go to hell.

Pathetic!
Old 6th January 2008, 12:29   #2469
Senior - BHPian

No point in continuing with this tour/series. There are a bunch of jokers left on the ground to judge the wickets (out/notouts), then there is this world class cheating team oops..champions team and our own chicken team. If captain, and team manager had guts, they should pull out of tour immediately let the boards go to hell.

Last edited by snaronikar : 6th January 2008 at 12:43.
Old 6th January 2008, 12:37   #2470
LLL
BHPian

if we pull out, let icc ban us. who cares? we can easily play agianst pakistan, sri lanka and south africa and isolate icc.

if i were dravid, ganguly - i would pull out of the series. Let bcci or kumble try and play a series with only tendulkar/laxman managing to put a bat to the ball. Indian public and media will be behind Ganguly/Dravid if they do this.
Old 6th January 2008, 13:10   #2471
F50
Senior - BHPian

Who says Test Matches are boring? This was fantastic win by Aussies. Controversy or no controversy, it was fun.

The winning streak continues.
Old 6th January 2008, 13:16   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Who says Test Matches are boring? This was fantastic win by Aussies. Controversy or no controversy, it was fun.

The winning streak continues.
No point in winning like this cheating the other team. This is (or was) called the "Gentleman's game". If ponting was a real gentleman, he and his team should feel ashamed by cheating the opponents and winning the game. The word "gentleman" has no meaning here.

Last edited by snaronikar : 6th January 2008 at 13:17.
Old 6th January 2008, 13:17   #2473
BHPian

The winning streak is ought to continue if you play with 13 players on the field. The match has not been won by the Aussies. It has been won by the 2 umpires. The Aussies are bad losers and they can go to any extent to win or to keep their winning streak. It seems that the two nincompoops were paid worth their weight in gold. Well done Steve and Mark.
Old 6th January 2008, 13:19   #2474
Senior - BHPian

chalo now its sure going to be 3-0 or even 4-0 to the Aussies. Ofcourse with some help from their other 2 guys - the umpires.

And if any commentator now says - we are the best batting side or we play spin with one eye closed and a one leg tied - is going to get it from me.

Time and again we have shown that we fail against spin - still we are called the World's best batting side against spin. (that couoldnt handle club bowlers like Symonds and Clarke)

Chalo - now lets hope that Bhajji isn't banned !!

Jaffer and Yuvraj are both missing out the next test. I would want Yuvraj in for the Perth match as it is a bouncy track and might help his way of batting
Old 6th January 2008, 13:22   #2475
BHPian

I would be the first one to congratulate the Australian team if they won fair and square. But, there is something fishy somewhere. The best reply from the Indians, go and win the next two and then atleast kick the Aussies out of the ODI series final.

As for the umpires, well I have nothing to say. All I can say is that Steve needs a new pair of spectacles and Mark needs to consider an early retirement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks