Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 23:37   #2521
BHPian

I really agree with you guys here, I think they should come back. I don't believe in bull of camaradrie and relations any more. Ponting and co din't think twice about relations before making very serious allegations against Harbhajan
Old 6th January 2008, 23:42   #2522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Is there a criteria for testing umpire's fitness ? Bucknor is 62 years old - I mean can he even see or hear clearly ??
Yeah, he has to hold his glass after a pint of draught beer with the ICC chief. cheers
Old 6th January 2008, 23:59   #2523
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Whats wrong in calling anyone a Big Monkey ? Can anyone care to explain - I am ignorant here.
If Harbhajan really did that it was pretty stupid of him. I believe Andrew Symnonds is either half aboriginal or half West Indian (not sure of which). Obviously calling him a monkey has all kinds of racist implications. I don't really support that kind of conduct, whether on the cricket field or off it. But still, I think Harbhajan could have been handed a hefty fine and let off with a warning, assuming he really was guilty. The Aussies also have been known to be abusive on the field.

I think Bucknor took it upon himself to teach India a lesson after all the controversies associated with (fellow West Indian?) Symonds during the Australian tour of India. Other than that I just cannot think of any other explanation for Bucknor's blatantly wrong decisions in favour of Symonds.
Old 7th January 2008, 08:11   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Whats wrong in calling anyone a Big Monkey ? Can anyone care to explain - I am ignorant here.
NC, aren't we getting carried away little too far on this?

For one the indian fans behavior was disgusting when australia were visiting here. We can claim that monkey is a god here and all that. But still that cannot be justification for what the crowd meted out to symonds. It was pathetic. And it was/is a shameful behavior. Again don't try to give justification on how australians behave....

Second even in this forum we were/are trying justify this monkey taunt. Lets just stop this please.

In my opinion this whole abuse thing between india and australia stands at an 1:1 tie at this point. We took a rather crude and immature approach. The australians have given it back now, in a rather organized and highly diplomatic way. Lets see to whom the round three goes too...
Old 7th January 2008, 09:01   #2525
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
There's been a lot of noise during this series about the alleged 'racist' remarks made by the crowd at Vadodara and then again at Mumbai ("Aussies suk" - but of course they do!)

The immediate reaction from Cricket Australia and the Board for Constipation of Cricket in India was a joint statement that there is 'No place for racism' in this sport.

I fail to see where there was racism. The only 'race' that can legally complain about having been at the receiving end of any such 'ism' should be the simian race. What did they do to deserve those chants that alleged that Andrew Symonds was one of them?

Let's face it - a person who takes such pains to make himself look uglier than his parents and mother nature meant him to be should expect a crowd of a few 10,000s to take notice. When a crowd takes notice, they provide feedback. Telling a person what he really looks like isnt racism - that is education. And that is exactly what it would be for a person like Symonds who looks like he doesnt shave or brush his teeth often enough to know what he really looks like. Somebody here mentioned that he is too busy swimming with the sharks or hunting hogs. Mr. Symonds needs a good, long, hard look at himself in the mirror.

Again, his behaviour during the series and the ugly looks he threw around on the 2 occasions the Aussies lost seem to indicate that his temperament isnt any better than what his looks suggest.

To me it is quite ridiculous that people should be complaining about racism - hey look who's talking ! Ask Arjuna Ranatunga, Aravinda D'Silva or Muttiah Muralitharan as to what they are subjected to in Australia. Now THAT is racism.

What we have seen here is not a case for the CA or the BCCI - it is a case for the SPCA. At least the monkeys dont demolish our bowlers!!!
On Cricket field people talk about somebody's wife. Whats wrong in talking about a monkey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
NC, aren't we getting carried away little too far on this?

For one the indian fans behavior was disgusting when australia were visiting here. We can claim that monkey is a god here and all that. But still that cannot be justification for what the crowd meted out to symonds. It was pathetic. And it was/is a shameful behavior. Again don't try to give justification on how australians behave....

Second even in this forum we were/are trying justify this monkey taunt. Lets just stop this please.

In my opinion this whole abuse thing between india and australia stands at an 1:1 tie at this point. We took a rather crude and immature approach. The australians have given it back now, in a rather organized and highly diplomatic way. Lets see to whom the round three goes too...
Old 7th January 2008, 09:17   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
On Cricket field people talk about somebody's wife. Whats wrong in talking about a monkey?
First, two wrong doesn't set things straight. Lets not try to justify this monkey business with other abuses that aussies used to dish out.

Second, You(we, bcci, team india management) should have dealt(not by shouting monkey taunts...) with it then and there strongly. (I assume here that an aussie palyer talked some thing badly about indian players wife).
Old 7th January 2008, 10:11   #2527
LLL
BHPian

there is no doubt that tour needs to be called off. No self-respecting person will play in this situation. ONly way this tour can continue is if the following happen:

1. SCG match is expunged.
2. Aussies apologise for excessive appealing and leveling false charges against Bhajji.
3. More mics are placed in the field to listen to every word that will be said on the field.
4. Mike Procter, third umpire and Bucknor/Benson are removed from the remainder of the tour (tests and VB series). ICC should overturn the ban on Bhajji and apologise for this farce hearing.
5. Going forward, every wrong decision can be overturned by third umpire, match referee.

But i doubt pawar will do anything because he is set to become next icc chief and wouldnt want to antagonize aus-eng-nz-WI camp.

Also about bucknor - i think that he wants to settle down in australia instead of impoverished crime-ridden carribean and might get a hefty bonus from Cricket Australia when he does that.
Old 7th January 2008, 10:23   #2528
Senior - BHPian

@ gkrishn - I am not justifying anything. On the field of play there are a lot of things said (about wives and mothers and fathers) that are way way uglier than calling anyone a "monkey".

And it is a proven fact that the Aussies cannot take it when anyone pays them back in the same coin.

And no we are not getting carried away. The umpires cheated , the Aussie captain cheated , his players cheated and you say - we are getting carried away ?

Heck even the Match Referee cheated in this case - he thought Sachin was lying and Clarke and Hayden were saying the truth ? In fact even Ian Chappell had commented that he likes Hayden and Symonds but if it was world peace at stake - he would want these 2 far far away.

Brad Hogg called the Indian batsmen - "*******s" - thats not racist ?

I would still want Anil Kumble and his team to walk out of that country now.

BCCI and ICC can sort it out when they want. I would not want to play in and against Australia anymore.

I think as the strongest cricket playing country - if we do not show our strength now - when will we ?

If India gets banned - no one will watch cricket. Lets use that weapon.
Old 7th January 2008, 10:31   #2529
BHPian

Of all the above...
Quote:
Mike Procter, third umpire and Bucknor/Benson are removed from the remainder of the tour (tests and VB series).
This one makes some sense. Looks like already bucknor is standing out. Benson/procter should take a big hit in their ratings.

Rest of them all are just...
Quote:
1. SCG match is expunged.
2. Aussies apologise for excessive appealing and leveling false charges against Bhajji.
3. More mics are placed in the field to listen to every word that will be said on the field.(aussies will just lure our indian players outside this mike trap and will start abusing them... they are well organized and plan thing pretty well...)
4. ICC should overturn the ban on Bhajji and apologise for this farce hearing.
... freaking hilarious.

Quote:
But i doubt pawar(...or rather shall we use the term fat *** bcci) will do anything because...
You little close to the actual issue here...

Last edited by gkrishn : 7th January 2008 at 10:33.
Old 7th January 2008, 10:50   #2530
Senior - BHPian

Bajji should've explained that even if Symonds was actually called a monkey, it wasnt abuse but reverence.

People in this country worship and adore the monkey god Hanuman. Actually we're insulting monkeys by using the term to refer to Symonds.
Old 7th January 2008, 10:53   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
On the field of play there are a lot of things said (about wives and mothers and fathers) that are way way uglier than calling anyone a "monkey".
Quote:
Brad Hogg called the Indian batsmen - "*******s" - thats not racist ?
Who was the person affected by such incident and what did he do about it?
What did the team management do about it?
What did the bcci do about it?
Did they react to that in any manner?
If they didn't, then its our issue in not dealing with them properly.

Quote:
The umpires cheated , the Aussie captain cheated , his players cheated and you say - we are getting carried away ?
Well i was taking exception only to justifying that monkey chant. Remember when aussies where touring in india. there was no umpiring "mistake" at that time(i hope). But we sat comfortably and justified our crowd behavior.

Quote:
Heck even the Match Referee cheated in this case - he thought Sachin was lying and Clarke and Hayden were saying the truth ?
Well i too dont agree with the manner in which the whole thing was "resolved". Aussie team are bunch of lairs, alright. But did you notice that already bcci is talking like "we have good relationship with CA, we wont allow this incident to spoil that relation ship" etc craps.

Boss, if you want to blame any one after all this, first start with our baboos. Or rather baboons...

Last edited by gkrishn : 7th January 2008 at 10:55.
Old 7th January 2008, 11:19   #2532
BANNED

Ok guys, lets play Hermit now:
  • We will find faults with us before pointing at others
  • We will ignore insults hurled at us and talk good things about them
Old 7th January 2008, 11:21   #2533
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Of all the above...
This one makes some sense. Looks like already bucknor is standing out. Benson/procter should take a big hit in their ratings.

Rest of them all are just...... freaking hilarious.

You little close to the actual issue here...
Why are they hilarious? Please care to explain and dont hide between smilies.

1. Matches have been annuled/expunged in the past.
2. By placing more mics, we will atleast cover more ground. Right now there are 2 stump mics only. adding more mics is better than nothing.
3. ICC, Aussie apology - This is a race hearing and in many countries (including ours) you can be jailed for racial abuse. So if i were Bhajji i would have already called my lawyers. Either ICC/Aussies/Match refree prove or apologize for this, else i would be filing a defamation and mental agony claim.
Old 7th January 2008, 11:29   #2534
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion Symonds took vengence for what happened to him in India.
Thats about it. It seems India are going to complain about Hogg using non acceptable language in this series. Again, no proof.
So if they can slap a 3 match ban against bhajji then they sure can
slap 2-3 on the Aussie spinner as well.
If they can give a verdit without proof, then it would be interesting to see how they handle Hogg's case w/o proof that is.

Today morning in the news channels they showed a clip of some test match in India (vs Aus) where Dravid was caught square of the wicket on the 'on' side by Slater. The Umpire (Venkatragavan) was not convinced that it was cleanly taken. Decision : Not out .

The reaction Slater gave was unbelievable. He fought with the Umpire throwing his arms in the air whilst arging with the him. What he does next is more shocking. He goes upto Dravid and starts arguing with him very very close to his face, in his face. A lil closer, and they might have kissed through the helmet grill. I was very very disgusted and left me angry. I don't know whether he was fined or not. Does anyone ? I sincerely hope Dravid wasn't fined for listening to Slater. Well, quite possible, the way things are going for India abroad, anythings possible.

I think, if it weren't for the 'Spirit' of the game and the financial commitments/losses, India should have walked out of the series, like Sri Lanka did.
Old 7th January 2008, 11:29   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who was the person affected by such incident and what did he do about it?
What did the team management do about it?
What did the bcci do about it?
Did they react to that in any manner?
If they didn't, then its our issue in not dealing with them properly.
Well Dhoni and Kumble were at the receiving end.

They did nothing - because they knew it was all in the heat of the moment and these things have happened earlier too. (other teams also do it)

BCCI did not react because the batsmen did not think it was such a big issue, after all it was in the heat of the game, so they did not go crying to the umpires, match referees, team management and the BCCI (like the Aussies did).

Still we are at fault ?

The Indian management at the Bhajji hearing - complained about tHogg to the match referee - and it was promptly decided to have a hearing in Perth - that is after 10 days - why ? because this Bhajji case would die down by then.......if thats not racist - then what is ?

Why wasn't this case taken up today itself ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks