Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 15:06   #3091
BANNED

@finneyp: Some people just wont be satisfied. The sarcasm is lost on me dude.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:20   #3092
Senior - BHPian

@Spitfite: I have nothing against Sachin, he is Master batsman, no doubt, but I am unhappy with different yardsticks applied to each of our senior players!
Old 24th January 2008, 15:23   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Great knock by Sachin, we can see the next one next year!
dude, you flirting with danger now! expect some flames coming your way . wish you good luck
Old 24th January 2008, 15:27   #3094
BANNED

@finneyp: He has worked hard to be in that position man, to touch sachin is to take panga with India.

And about the other seniors i am all for letting Rahul and Ganguly play, after all they have given for the country these guys shouldnt be treated like this, its a real shame. They are intelligent guys and know when their time will come to quit, we as fans just need to have trust in them. Its a game someone has to lose.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:30   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful innings from Sachin Tendulkar. After the bad performance in last WC, sachin's game has changed drastically & back to his golden days. Entertaining knock. hmm just short of 213 runs to break Lara's feat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Great knock by Sachin. But why did we score only 21 runs in the last 10 overs ?

Dhoni was the major culprit with 6 runs in 54 deliveries. And even Sachin slowed down - why ?

We cant even take 4 singles an over ?

Yes you are right. Sachin faced only 20 deli in the last 10 overs and scored 11 runs out of it. Reasonable right

I feel still the game is in favor of Aussies. As always tomorrow first session holds a great importance. These guys need to put atleast another 50 runs partnership and India need to score 400+
Old 24th January 2008, 15:35   #3096
Senior - BHPian

Cannot belive theese guys. We have seen this in last match wherein the last 4 wickets just caved in for just 2 runs.

Last edited by snaronikar : 24th January 2008 at 15:38.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:36   #3097
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire, very well said mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
we as fans just need to have trust in them.
Well, more than the fans, it's the powers-that-be who need to have that faith, right?

Last edited by suman : 24th January 2008 at 15:39.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:52   #3098
BANNED

You are right.

Its all about ego now. Saurav and Rahul have played some innings that probably go beyond reality. You need to see any of these seniors play and the dedication they have towards their craft. Like Kumble stepped down from ODI, they would have done the same. We should have atleast let them decide that.

Reputations play a major role in a game too. An opposition knows who a Rahul and Saurav is, the youngsters have a long way to go. Its a mental game too and these guys are masters in it. Look at Bangladesh all younsters a flash in the pan and now they have lost their way plunging to the bottom with the younsters not able to take the pressure day in and day out, forget for years.

It may look like a easy game, but at the highest level its quite tough.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:15   #3099
Senior - BHPian

T-20 !! Bah and all this while I was wondering why the players were batting as if a test match was on !!

But seriously - 21 runs in 10 overs is a bit too much. Dhoni was way way too cautious. Lets see tomorrow - what happens. As usual the 1st hour is very crucial.

And do not forget - the Aussies dropped a 3 sitters today. The call for Gilly to retire grows stronger there too.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:18   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You Look at Bangladesh all younsters a flash in the pan and now they have lost their way plunging to the bottom with the younsters not able to take the pressure day in and day out, forget for years.
Outstanding example I'd say, more so considering that B'desh thrashed us at the WC
Old 24th January 2008, 16:35   #3101
rkg
Senior - BHPian

thing to watch out for is Ponting Vs Bhajji one side and sarma on the other side. hope sarma maintains same tempo of perth
Old 24th January 2008, 16:57   #3102
Senior - BHPian

@ rkg: Who is the sarma? Or is it Sharma? Write the spelling correctly man.
Old 24th January 2008, 18:03   #3103
Senior - BHPian

well snaronikar swalpa adjust maadi saar.
Old 24th January 2008, 19:04   #3104
Senior - BHPian

Dhoni needs to play his natural game. Instead of scratching around and loosing the wicket he can start playing positive cricket.

Both needs to survive the first hour and take the total beyond 400.

Shastri has rightly mentioned that 3rd innings of this game will define the match.

Quote:
Well Laxman's being wasted because he's been in terrific form in the whole series but he is wasted in the bottom half of the top order at number six. I think he should have been batting at number three.
Quote:
MM: What did you think of India's opening combination - Virender Sehwag with Irfan Pathan?
IC: I wouldn't have been going that way. Once again you're wasting a middle order player who is likely to get 40 or 50 batting at number seven. When you are picking opening batsmen, you've got to pick a guy who has got a very good chance of making a 100. While I think Pathan is a good batsman and maybe he'll make a Test hundred at some stage, he is much more likely to do it [make a century] from the middle order than the top of the order.
I thought the best combination would have been [Rahul] Dravid opening with Sehwag. That's not a bad pair because the problem with Dravid opening before was that he and [Wasim] Jaffer got bogged down too much. But he [Dravid] is not going to get bogged down with Sehwag opening. That then means that Laxman bats at number 3 and that's the best position for him. So to me, that's a better batting order for India.
Source: Cricinfo - Ian Chappell: Laxman must move up - Transcript
Old 24th January 2008, 22:28   #3105
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
@ rkg: Who is the sarma? Or is it Sharma? Write the spelling correctly man.
Sharma is written as Sarma aslo especially in AP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks