Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 12:06   #3166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
In the first innings it took us 181 overs to get Aussies out; what makes you think we will get them out in 30 overs in second. 217 in thirty overs will be almost a cake-walk for them. IMHO, we must bat on and on, till we can :-)

\N
ntomer, no, I am not saying we will take them out in 30 overs. But at times, we should be sportive enough to take some risks. This playing out for a draw is not going to make us a better team either.
Old 28th January 2008, 12:15   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
ntomer, no, I am not saying we will take them out in 30 overs. But at times, we should be sportive enough to take some risks. This playing out for a draw is not going to make us a better team either.
Looks like your wish might just come true. Bhajji is gone, and the last fit pair is playing. And 22 overs remains in the day.

So a chase of 227 in 22 overs in on, and I am not happy with the idea of it.

\N
Old 28th January 2008, 12:25   #3168
Team-BHP Support

I will not risk any of my bowlers.. considering we have already lost RP and Ishant and Pathan had a LOT of bowling to do in the first innings, I would have batted on and on.... Who knows Symo or Lee might get injured
Old 28th January 2008, 12:31   #3169
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
But at times, we should be sportive enough to take some risks. This playing out for a draw is not going to make us a better team either.
why should India alone should be sportive? did australia play sportively? they played very much defensive cricket as against their natural aggressive way to shut indian victory. then Indian also have right to play as they like to prevent further loss.

today also aussies claimed a bogus catch of sachin in the morning. it is symmonds . he claimed a catch for bounce ball. he claimed that it bounced from the toe of fielder. third empire ruled not out.

why not the great Mike Procter act on this and ban him for 5 matches like he did to rashid latif for claiming wrong catch and bringing the game to disrepute

Match drawn

Last edited by rkg : 28th January 2008 at 12:33.
Old 28th January 2008, 12:31   #3170
BANNED

Kumble has declared and play has been called off. the match is drawn and Australia take the series 2-1.
Old 28th January 2008, 12:35   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
why should India alone should be sportive? did australia play sportively?
That's because, we are 2-1 down and not Australia. We have already lost the series, so what big deal in trying out something? I can't understand why our Captains (or the team management) are so defensive. We do this every time; we are satisfied if we win just one test in an away series.

Anyways, no point in arguing anymore, play has been called off with draw as the result.
Old 28th January 2008, 12:55   #3172
BHPian

Why Sachin has been named MoM; it should have been Viru - he made 214 runs in the game (63 and 151) and took two wickets (one of which was Ponting's). Wihtout his hundred, India would surely have lost this test.

\N
Old 28th January 2008, 12:57   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Interesting part of this series was that Ponting caught up with Gavaskar and Hayden with the Don.

Wanna take bets on which of these two will catch up with Sachin Tendulkar first?

hayden will, but ponting has time to go past him.
Old 28th January 2008, 12:59   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why Sachin has been named MoM;
Dont even start on that topic...its something that burns me everytime I see this kind of injustice.

There were 4 centurions in this match. Why was one of them picked over the others?
Old 28th January 2008, 13:05   #3175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why Sachin has been named MoM; it should have been Viru - he made 214 runs in the game (63 and 151) and took two wickets (one of which was Ponting's). Wihtout his hundred, India would surely have lost this test.

\N
sad. yes, sachin played well, but i think viru deserved this honour for saving this test for us. A 2nd innings century is invaluable to a team.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:14   #3176
Senior - BHPian

For me the Man of the Series has been Anil Kumble. Can anyone tell me who won the MOS ?
Old 28th January 2008, 13:17   #3177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
For me the Man of the Series has been Anil Kumble. Can anyone tell me who won the MOS ?
Brett Lee, for his 24 wickets. And undoubtedly he was by far the best bowler on either side in this series.

\N
Old 28th January 2008, 13:23   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Dont even start on that topic...its something that burns me everytime I see this kind of injustice.

There were 4 centurions in this match. Why was one of them picked over the others?
These guys who decide MoM, what were they smoking? Our scorecard, without Viru's contribution in the second innings, looks pathetic. We would have lost the match for sure. Most of these awards are decided based on reputation, I feel.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:34   #3179
BANNED

Because it was his last Test in Australia.
Quote:
Why Sachin has been named MoM
Old 28th January 2008, 17:41   #3180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Because it was his last Test in Australia.
So was the series of Anil Kumble and the way he handled the situation after 2nd test. MOS should have gone to him. He has taken wickets and scored runs.

Last edited by snaronikar : 28th January 2008 at 17:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks