Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 17:26   #3526
BANNED

The mindset of personal milestones went away with Ganguly. Dravid discarded it and is ably carried forwarded by Dhoni in ODI/T20 & Kumble in Tests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Personnel milestones you know
Old 19th February 2008, 17:28   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Dhoni played well and at the end i knew we would atleast have a draw as dhoni needed 2 runs for his fifty. Personnel milestones you know
What the f?

Are you implying that Dhoni would have been more happy with his fifty than a win?

Are you cynical or just plain ignorant about the game?
Old 19th February 2008, 17:34   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Finally India squeezed through to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
The mindset of personal milestones went away with Ganguly. Dravid discarded it and is ably carried forwarded by Dhoni in ODI/T20 & Kumble in Tests.
Pls don't open the can of worms on this milestone thing!
Old 19th February 2008, 18:00   #3529
Senior - BHPian

Dhoni is the man ! Like I had said earlier in this thread, he has really impressed with his captaincy and his calm batting lower down the order. Way to go Skipper cheers:

ps - imagine , after Yuvi left if kaif came in and started running singles with Dhoni - what a sight !!

I guess (like some one said here), it's time to give Kaif a look in. 2nd highest run scorer in the domestic season (correct?) and a great fielder too. Also, he has a nice captaincy record (which might hinder his chances of making a come back) :( . Thats what I feel.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:39   #3530
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Kaif should be given a chance. He got enough but did not have the form then. Now that he is in form in the domestic season, it is worthwhile to give him a go. He is one dedicated player who can make a difference to the team, be it in batting or fielding.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:45   #3531
BANNED

Kaif might be in form. But who will he replace? BTW, Kaif is a traditional style player, more suited for Test cricket. Why do you want him for ODIs & T20?
Old 19th February 2008, 19:01   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Dhoni is the man ! Like I had said earlier in this thread, he has really impressed with his captaincy and his calm batting lower down the order. Way to go Skipper cheers:

ps - imagine , after Yuvi left if kaif came in and started running singles with Dhoni - what a sight !!

I guess (like some one said here), it's time to give Kaif a look in. 2nd highest run scorer in the domestic season (correct?) and a great fielder too. Also, he has a nice captaincy record (which might hinder his chances of making a come back) :( . Thats what I feel.
NC:It might happen in the next home series against SA itself.There was an article in TOI recently.Vengsarkar was there to watch the domestic match and Kaif scored very well in that match.vengy was all praise for him.He can defly add some exp to the middle order and he is only 26.Lets wait and see
Old 19th February 2008, 19:08   #3533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kaif might be in form. But who will he replace? BTW, Kaif is a traditional style player, more suited for Test cricket. Why do you want him for ODIs & T20?
I would not call him a traditional test player. I always thought his technique was suspect. But he made it up with his never-say-die attitude. You could probably compare him with Dhoni.

Anyways, with the advent of T20 and all these leagues like IPL, more and more youngsters will be more interested to mould their games to suite these bang bang matches rather than test matches, which is really sad. But who knows, test matches could hold a very different meaning with all these newcomers playing? About 10 years ago, a run rate of 4 was unheard of in test matches. Australia changed all this. With new young legs, fielding is a lot more agile than in the olden days. Interesting times ahead, I should say.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:29   #3534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well if that's the criteria, Munaf should not play the test matches as he is a very economical bowler !!

Why do I want him for one dayers ? Because he saves at least 15 -20 runs per match. Also what's wrong in having a player with a traditional style - I think we need some one like that lower down the order.

but the best reason I want Kaif back is - HE GIVES 100% ALL THE TIME AND IS PERFECT TEAM MAN.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:31   #3535
Senior - BHPian

Also Yuvraj is not 100% fit these days (fielding at mid-on), Kaif could be useful.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:35   #3536
BHPian

Apart from India winning, other most heartening feature was running b/w wickets.I have been watching cricket post WC83 and have not seen such running even when Azhar,Jadeja and Robin were part of team.I just could not beleive it.

I dont think Saurav,Dravid and Sachin can run like that.
In the end probably these extra 10-15 runs made all the difference.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:38   #3537
BANNED

Kaif lacks the big shots (like Dravid). So he is suited for only for very few tailor made situations like building the innings. But after building the innings, he can't accelerate though
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
but the best reason I want Kaif back is - HE GIVES 100% ALL THE TIME AND IS PERFECT TEAM MAN.
What about this?
Quote:
But who will he replace?
Old 19th February 2008, 19:39   #3538
BANNED

Thats precisely the reason as to why few team members were shown the door. Also while on field, they save double those runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
In the end probably these extra 10-15 runs made all the difference.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:58   #3539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kaif lacks the big shots (like Dravid). So he is suited for only for very few tailor made situations like building the innings. But after building the innings, he can't accelerate though

What about this?
diabloo, we need players who can build partnerships in the middle overs so the big hitters can finish off. Dhoni has become more responsible and plays less big shots for 2 reasons:

1. Added responsibilty as captain.
2. More often than not, he now bats in the middle overs and has to construct/guide innings in case of run chases.

Right now, with Sachin at the top, the middle order needs a bit more experience. Kaif is just the man for it.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:14   #3540
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
Mods please modify the post and Sorry for the typo.

It should be : Did you notice, instead of did your noticed.
You can yourself edit your posts till about 20 min of posting . There is an "edit" button at the bottom of your own posts.

I think the immediate change should be to bring in Sehwag instead of P Kumar and Raina instead of Uthapa. Uthapa wasted a goldein opportunity to impress today.

Most Viewed