Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 17:53   #4501
BHPian

I conclude with one(two for Aus) muhaavra for each team:

Aussie Cricket Team:
Jo Kuttey bhonktay hain woh Kaatthay Nahin (Dogs who bark don't bite) + Laaton ke bhooth baaton se nahi maantay (Idiots who don't understand by talk only understand by physical beatings)

India Cricket Team: Eeeent ka jawaab pathhar se (Replying back with a stronger and deadlier punch)
Even if that means being reprimanded!
Old 31st October 2008, 23:18   #4502
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a discussion on Neo about Mr. Kumble not being able to take any wickets so far on Kotla. Somewhere they suggested that, its the curator who did not make the wicket like what Kumble would have desired hence he is not able to take any wickets.

Now my question is, whether the curator should be blamed for Kumble not able to take wickets or is it just Kumble who has become very predictable or has lost the bite?

I respect kumble for what he has done in the past, but i guess everyone has a shelf life and so does Kumble.
Old 1st November 2008, 11:13   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Just saw a discussion on Neo about Mr. Kumble not being able to take any wickets so far on Kotla.
Just saw this on Cricinfo:

"In Sri Lanka Kumble had bowled 66.1 overs without a wicket; here it's gone to 73"
Old 1st November 2008, 14:39   #4504
BHPian

Warching Kumble bowl today was painful. Not only he was plain ineffective, he was also serving up a long hop every over.

He never looked like taking a wicket, and should be thankful to Haddin for gifting away his wicket.

Also the difference in team's attitude when Dhoni was captaining was evident. Clearly team has lost all confidence in him; time for him to go. If we want to win this series, he will have to be dropped for the Nagpur test.

\N
Old 1st November 2008, 16:40   #4505
Senior - BHPian

India 35/2 with an overall lead of 71. Hope India does not hand over the match to Aussies from here.
Old 1st November 2008, 18:01   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
India 35/2 with an overall lead of 71. .
Last I saw was 27 for 0

What happened ? 2 down so fast ?
Old 1st November 2008, 18:54   #4507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Last I saw was 27 for 0

What happened ? 2 down so fast ?
Sehwag got out and the night watchman Ishant Sharma was out the 2nd ball.

I wonder is night watchmen of any help. Well some times they do end up sticking but most of the times poor guys get out before the day finishes. IMO regular batsmen should come out with even if only a few overs are left in the day. What do u have to on that guys?
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:30   #4508
BHPian

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ntomer : 2nd November 2008 at 15:49.
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:32   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Anil Kumble Retires From Cricket.

Yes. Anil "Jumbo" Kumble has announced his retirement today from test cricket. With this it is an end to his 18 long years in int'l career. I feel it is the right decision at the right time. Hats off to you a great team man, a fighter...
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:34   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Kumble just announced his retirement.
Anil Kumble to retire from test cricket - allvoices.com
Guess it was just a matter of time.
Unfortunately the decision comes when he was being criticized the most as a bowler and as a captain.
He has had a great career and will be remembered for a lot of things. I hope the hiccups that he had towards the end dont cloud what people ultimately think of him!
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:25   #4511
Senior - BHPian

For 19 years Kumble has served Indian cricket with distinction and has even taken the field and performed when injured. Remember the banadaged jaw in the West Indies.

At Kotla too he came back after a split finger and took 2 wickets. While it is true that everything has time span, it is wrong to criticise a great player who competed with fellow cricketers half his age at every step. He announced his retirement when he still had some cricket left in him. 619 test wickets is not a joke. He is currently the 3rd highest in the world.

In my team, Kumble would still remain the main strike bowler..

Last edited by gd1418 : 2nd November 2008 at 22:27.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:52   #4512
BHPian

with kumble gone there will be a void which the indian team would find very difficult to fill. No doubt he's one of the best spinners in world cricket and a dedicated team player. He was a genuine match winner and without a doubt india's leading strike bowler.
All the best for your future mate!
Old 4th November 2008, 20:49   #4513
Senior - BHPian

Muralitharan's action not clean - Gilchrist
Cricinfo - Muralitharan's action not clean - Gilchrist

Gilchrist used to be my Fav cricketer but am slowly losing respect for him as he is Targetting The legends of the game one by one (Asians mind you). Just to sell a book this is highly cheap IMO. Guess only Aussies are Saint in the whole world!
Old 4th November 2008, 22:07   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Gambhir to miss Nagpur Test

Quote:
Team India suffered a setback ahead of the fourth and final match against Australia after the ICC decided to retain the one-Test ban on in-form opener Gautam Gambhir. Tamil Nadu batsman M Vijay will replace Gambhir
The leading run scorer, almost double the scoring of the second in the list, Gambhir has to sit out on the final and deciding test at Nagpur. Hussey thoughts has come true and its surely going to be a big mental win for Aussies. Iam sure this will bring more pressure to the middle order. Tamil Nadu batsmen Vijay will replace him

Last edited by Surprise : 4th November 2008 at 22:10.
Old 4th November 2008, 22:33   #4515
BHPian

This was expected, ICC can't let people, who shove people around, go scot-free.

With Dhoni now full-time captain, who is going to be the vice-captain. Traditionally team have used this position to groom the next leader, but with Dhoni being brand-new, and no suitable candidate in sight, that won't be the case with India.

Dravid and Tendulkar can't be V-C to Dhoni. So I guess this position will go to either Sehwag or Laxman. Any other guesses???

\N

Most Viewed