Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 21:56   #4351
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion Kumble needs to take a break. Go back to first class. Get in rhythm and come back. Any person with not so much technical knowledge can also see he has no rhythm and intensity in his bowling right now (maybe an injury is playing on his mind more than the game)
As for harbhajan he needs to slow down a bit. He continuosly bowled 82+ and he needs to bowl at 72-75 with more flight (white was giving more flight than him in the complete test).
If kumble is rested they can play Mishra, he had variations as seen in the IPL.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:20   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Surprisingly Kumble is better on seamer friendly pitches rather then on spinner friendly pitches - yeah a very crazy thing to say, but then these are only my observations, i dont have any figures to support my claim too.
Spot on. With Mohali and Nagpur (4th test) generally being pace friendly, I would expect Kumble to make amends for his poor show at Bangalore, provided he is fully fit.

For me, this was a hard fought draw and a good one at that for the Indians. Bangalore has not been a happy ground for us and the last time we won here was thirteen years ago, against New Zealand. Of course every team plays to win, but to get away with a draw in the series opener was indeed creditable.

Also it was quite uncharacteristic of the Aussies to score at less than 3 in the first innings (430 runs in 150 overs), and a part of the credit should go to the Indian bowlers. IMO, that, along with the Bhajji and Zaheer's partnership, was instrumental in the test ending in a draw.

As for Zaheer, I thought it was awesome on his part to say what he did. It was not the same sledging (read rubbish) that goes around these days in the name of 'mental disintegration'. This was straight from the classical Sangakkara mould. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited by CaAT : 15th October 2008 at 12:22.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:33   #4353
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand.

Zaheer needles the Aussies and we cry foul but what if it was Bhajji in Zaheer's place ?

I also agree with Steer that we need consistency in performance to back up statements like what Zaheer made !

ps - anyone watch the cricketer's dancing on tv programme ? Sreesanth and Bhajji (i dunno how) are the top 2 always and everyone praises Bhajji over Sree. And it's clearly apparent that Bhajji feels superior to Sree - it shows in the way he looks at Sree during the programme. Another case of favouritism ?? And uncomfirmed reports say that Bhajji has won - what the !!!
Old 15th October 2008, 12:50   #4354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I also agree with Steer that we need consistency in performance to back up statements like what Zaheer made
Comparisons with 2003 WC final are wholly inappropriate. Back then, it was a case of misplaced aggression on Zaheer's part. Prolly he tried to play/begin the game in 'Aussie like' fashion, which Indians were not used to.

In Bangalore, there was no hint of aggression or abuse in Zaheer's statement. It was very much a 'matter of factly' one, a case of intelligently getting under the opponent's skin. Australians take pride in playing their brand of cricket and what they played in Bangalore was certainly 'unAustralian'. Zaheer did have a point. When was the last time you saw Australia bat for almost two full days and score 430 runs?

As for backing up his words with actions on the field, well for the sake of argument, didn't he take 6 wickets and score a match saving half century?

Last edited by CaAT : 15th October 2008 at 13:01.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:45   #4355
Senior - BHPian

That dance program is utter crap. Noone except Sree actually knows how to dance in there and amazingly he is always in the throw out zone. Sush is always fake and Wasim knows nothing about dancing. (If bhajji has won the show then anyone with one leg can also win it)
Back to cricket Mohali will assit pacers. What do you guys says. Drop Kumble and include another seamer like Munaf or RP singh?
Kumble being captain hard to see that so who goes- Bhajji? He bowled better than kumble in Bang!
Old 15th October 2008, 16:04   #4356
Team-BHP Support

Unless Kumble is injured, I see the same XI playing in Mohali.

For the Aussies, Stuart Clarke is injured and is likely to miss out.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th October 2008 at 16:17.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:11   #4357
Senior - BHPian

Thats the trajedy in Indian cricket. You dont play on current performances but past performances.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:54   #4358
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That dance program is utter crap. Noone except Sree actually knows how to dance in there and amazingly he is always in the throw out zone. Sush is always fake and Wasim knows nothing about dancing. (If bhajji has won the show then anyone with one leg can also win it)
Back to cricket Mohali will assit pacers. What do you guys says. Drop Kumble and include another seamer like Munaf or RP singh?
Kumble being captain hard to see that so who goes- Bhajji? He bowled better than kumble in Bang!
You guys actually watch that crap?

Some one before this mentioned the superiority glares that Bhajji gives to Sreesanth. You guys havent seen anything man. Get inside a dressing room and see the divide between seniors and juniors you will be surprised the way the seniors treat the juniors i can write realms and realms on this but then its opening a Pandora's Box. Who noticed the change in the body language of the younger players in the bangalore match when Kumble walked in? You guys should have just watched Dhoni. What is shown of camera is just an eye wash.

One person a senior stands taller then the rest in the present Indian Cricket team. He has no airs or no issues dealing or talking to juniors. Hint: He needs 14 runs to get over Lara's test runs record. And that of all the other qualities of his makes him what he is today. Even Rahul comes close but he is still not approachable as his teammate.

For the opponents of Sachin please dont jump on me because of the above statements. Not worth it. Please turn a blind eye.

Back to cricket now. Drop the Captain? Not possible not after he has been made captain for the whole series. Kumble is better on seaming tracks, bhajji may get axed (good for him he can practise his dance steps with that fat cow). We need to get Munaf in.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:29   #4359
Senior - BHPian

Yes we need Munaf for this one if really wanna win and take a lead. I think its time Indians start taking some bold decisions (though i doubt anyone will be dropped for munaf).
As for the dance show - just see a bit walking here and there( its crap no doubt)
Old 15th October 2008, 19:48   #4360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One person a senior stands taller then the rest in the present Indian Cricket team. He has no airs or no issues dealing or talking to juniors.
Felt happy while reading those lines. Man I would like him to fire all guns and get out rather than a slow death
Old 15th October 2008, 20:10   #4361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Felt happy while reading those lines. Man I would like him to fire all guns and get out rather than a slow death
Rest assured he will be back to the best. he always does. I can sense a big knock coming. Just watch.
Old 15th October 2008, 21:25   #4362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Quote:
Rest assured he will be back to the best. he always does. I can sense a big knock coming. Just watch.
We all want to.

Like many others its great to be born during the time such sportsmen as Sachin, Lara, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram, Jayasuriya, Glen McGrath, Saurav, Rahul and many more played before us. Few years from now it will be great to tell our granchildren that we were there.

With the sort of criticism we get to hear about them, looking back and thinking at the times they bought cheer to us makes it seem like a fantasy. People forget easily. So much criticism that the great feats they accomplished will someday be wondered upon as did they actually do it? I hate to read what gets written about some of them.

Replace Sachin in the RBS ad with any of the above and the ad still makes sense.

Sorry totally irrelevant to the present topic, but then we have some super experts here whose reasoning and understanding of the game is much beyond my experience who time and again have picked upon our cricketers.

PS: I am 28

Last edited by Spitfire : 15th October 2008 at 21:30.
Old 15th October 2008, 21:30   #4363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We all want to.

Like many others its great to be alive and see such sportsmen as Sachin, Lara, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram, Jayasuriya, Glen McGrath, Saurav, Rahul and many more play for us. Few years from now it will be great to tell our granchildren that we were there.

Replace Sachin in the RBS ad with any of the above and the ad still makes sense.

PS: I am 28
I will just replace one person in RBS ad from the list - Lara (not because of the matching color of suit and complexion)
Old 15th October 2008, 21:31   #4364
BANNED

Quote:
I will just replace one person in RBS ad from the list - Lara (not because of the matching color of suit and complexion)
LOL yeah but the others too are pioneers, in their own way.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:00   #4365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL yeah but the others too are pioneers, in their own way.
True, they are but these 2 are quiet Special as on his shoulders Sachin has carried the whole India's expectations most of his life and same way Lara has carried the WI expectations. And the best part is they had delievered mostly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks