Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 14:32   #4216
Senior - BHPian

This thread is silent today. Thought of reviving this. India folded at 146 today. Where are all the guys supporting young guns? Gone into the hiding or don't want to post. Though today's is a batting track, at one stage India were 88/7. I had informed earlier (durng tests) itself, the pitches in SL cannot be pridicted. So it has happened. So guys, do you recommend to remove all the young players also?

Diabloo: Can we have your comments?
Old 18th August 2008, 14:42   #4217
Senior - BHPian

If viru was playing, we would have got 246.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:14   #4218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
This thread is silent today. Thought of reviving this. India folded at 146 today. Where are all the guys supporting young guns? Gone into the hiding or don't want to post. Though today's is a batting track, at one stage India were 88/7. I had informed earlier (durng tests) itself, the pitches in SL cannot be pridicted. So it has happened. So guys, do you recommend to remove all the young players also?

Where India really lost in the batting was that no one was looking like getting to cross 30-40 runs. Most of them looked like they were trying to hang on there and get through Mendis. I think Dhoni should promote himself above Yuvi , since Yuvi is struggling against Murali , Mendis since last few series.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:06   #4219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Where India really lost in the batting was that no one was looking like getting to cross 30-40 runs. Most of them looked like they were trying to hang on there and get through Mendis. I think Dhoni should promote himself above Yuvi , since Yuvi is struggling against Murali , Mendis since last few series.
IMO why not let yuvraj open with Gambhir in sehwag's absence? Everyone knows he is best against seamers and not too good against spinners so why not make him utilise the first 20 overs? The hard fact is in Indian cricket noone wants to be flexible and show some brave effort. they can just send young Kohli to face initial fire,thats it!
Old 19th August 2008, 10:00   #4220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T So it has happened. So guys, do you recommend to remove all the young players also?
No - we have persisted with ganguly for 2 years when he was not in form and with Sachin too. So why the hurry to drop the young guns ?

According to your logic, the seniors should have been dropped immediately after the 1st test when the failed to read Mendis even after a combined experience of 40 years and 30000 runs , no ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think Dhoni should promote himself above Yuvi , since Yuvi is struggling against Murali , Mendis since last few series.
I agree completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
IMO why not let yuvraj open with Gambhir in sehwag's absence? Everyone knows he is best against seamers and not too good against spinners so why not make him utilise the first 20 overs?
Yuvraj is good against medium pace when it is not swinging. When the ball starts to swing and seam, he is totally at sea. But it is still worth a try asking him to open.

Quote:
The hard fact is in Indian cricket noone wants to be flexible and show some brave effort. they can just send young Kohli to face initial fire,thats it!
Old 19th August 2008, 11:03   #4221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
No - we have persisted with ganguly for 2 years when he was not in form and with Sachin too. So why the hurry to drop the young guns ?

According to your logic, the seniors should have been dropped immediately after the 1st test when the failed to read Mendis even after a combined experience of 40 years and 30000 runs , no ?
Let's watch the 2nd ODI what the so called Dhoni will do. He is distracted by award (Khel Ratna Award) and of course money he is getting (I think).

I do not see India can win more than 1~2 games out of 5 games and that too if they play well.
Old 19th August 2008, 12:43   #4222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not see India can win more than 1~2 games out of 5 games and that too if they play well.
Yup . I guess we all know who will win the series here and hence no poll for that. I think they should just play Mendis normally rather than carefully.
If Mendis concedes his 10 overs for 30 runs without any wickets then we have to cross through Murali barrier too. Jayawardena has been bringing Murali only after 25th over . Gambhir is easily the best player of spin among present team. I guess he will have to take huge responsibility here.
Old 19th August 2008, 13:26   #4223
BANNED

I am not actively following the series since Sehwag is not playing.
Quote:
Anyway Dhoni has less money than Fab 4. So he spends less time on counting the money and more on cricket, which is the other way round in case of Fab 4.
Quote:
Let's watch the 2nd ODI what the so called Dhoni will do. He is distracted by award (Khel Ratna Award) and of course money he is getting (I think).
Old 19th August 2008, 13:36   #4224
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Yuvraj should play in tournaments where they intentionally prepare flat tracks, like in world series events.
Old 19th August 2008, 14:01   #4225
Senior - BHPian

The series result would be 3-2 in favour of India. Anyone wants to bet ?
Old 19th August 2008, 14:07   #4226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sure. It will be other way round.
Old 19th August 2008, 14:20   #4227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure. It will be other way round.
SLC, just like Pak Cricket banks heavily on India visiting them. Get the drift ?
Old 19th August 2008, 14:59   #4228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Judging by what happened in tests and first ODI i will say its improbable than impossible that India can win, The 2 guys who could had made the diff -
Sachin with his experience(and IMO he still is the best in Indian team 2 tackle spinners-if he can face Warne and Murali with ease all his career he can tackle Mendis 2 who i still think is not that tough as the former ones) and the other -
Sehwag just cos of his pure form and the fearless attitude could had made the huge diff, Now i wonder if India can even win a Single one day!
Old 20th August 2008, 10:38   #4229
Senior - BHPian

Ah Finally nice to see SL 13/4 in 8 overs . But Jayasuriya still there!!! I guess in Asia cup finals he took the game away from us so just hope he gets out soon. Just hope SL loses this one. Cant stand when they win.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:19   #4230
Team-BHP Support

42 for 5 with big daddy Jayasurya back in the pavillion. But i get a feeling that we will still screw this one up :(

Most Viewed