Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 22:52   #4516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
This was expected, ICC can't let people, who shove people around, go scot-free.
Tomer Ji may I rephrase?

This was expected, ICC won't let Asians, who give back the Aussies a taste of their own medicine, go scot-free.

Best Regards

BE V 12
Old 5th November 2008, 13:32   #4517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
This was expected, ICC won't let Asians, who give back the Aussies a taste of their own medicine, go scot-free.
Buddy, it's time we come out of this victim mentality.Tell me which Aussie have pushed an opponent and get away un-punished (no, don't give me the Lillee example, that was too long ago).

I accept that ICC have been partial with Asian players, but this incident warranted strict action.

\N
Old 5th November 2008, 14:09   #4518
Team-BHP Support

+1. Agree to that. I think it deserved punishment.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:26   #4519
BHPian

Buddy why is it that anytime a person questions a harsh decision its labelled victim mentality?

Would you smile back if someone constantly abused you/your family calling you names?

What I believe is that if you play a game, play it in the spirit of the game. If the Aussies were sledging or "Mentally Disintegrating" us, there is a point upto which you can take it. Gambhir snapped soon and gave it back. The point about which I am enraged is that Gambhir was banned but what the Aussies got is a 10% fine.

And on top of that the Aussies never even pleaded guilty! So that means that they were guilty but still only got 10%

Anyways what would be ideal is that the ICC should completely ban sledging.
Old 5th November 2008, 19:10   #4520
Team-BHP Support

Arre, the difference lies in what Gambhir did. He got physical with a player. Just not done.Had he just responded with verbals, nobody would complain. But his action was totally unjustified. Lets not confuse cricket and a street fight here.
Old 5th November 2008, 19:35   #4521
BHPian

Sirrr no intention of mine of comparing my favourite game with a street fight!

Ok fine with a stone on my heart and a pich of salt I believe Gambhir should not have responded with an elbow. Infact he should have just sarcastically laughed at them and called them cry babies! That would have wound them up even more!

Lets hope that India crush Australia in the final test now!
Old 5th November 2008, 21:28   #4522
Senior - BHPian

My prob with this although Gambhir has been given the deserving punishment why Katich-Johnson And Watson had been left scot free. 10% is hilarious. Why only Zaheer and Gambhir are paying?
Same thing happened in sydney. Noone gave Symonds any bans when he openly admitted of provoking Bhajji with abuses and anything he could.
Complete bias towards aussies players!
Old 5th November 2008, 22:07   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My prob with this although Gambhir has been given the deserving punishment why Katich-Johnson And Watson had been left scot free. 10% is hilarious. Why only Zaheer and Gambhir are paying?
Same thing happened in sydney. Noone gave Symonds any bans when he openly admitted of provoking Bhajji with abuses and anything he could.
+1 to that.Why give only 10% fine to Watson who started the entire episode??Why did Katich go scot free?Why did Mitchell Johnson go without any punishment for his go against Laxman ( Of all people ,he chose Laxman).

Its these things that make us think that BCCI's bullying is correct.
Old 5th November 2008, 22:30   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
. I was quite annoyed with Katich & Watson in particular.
The only Aussie i respect is Brett lee. Coming back to the game
I hope India doesnt go too defensive like last match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Lets hope that India crush Australia in the final test now!
We all hope so. Not often do you go up 1-0 vs Australia. Even a draw would do.
Old 6th November 2008, 00:36   #4525
Team-BHP Support

I agree with you guys there. We can't compare Gambhir's stupidity with any sledging/abusing.

But I think the offenses by Katich, Zaheer and Watson were all similar and should have been awarded the same punishment.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:26   #4526
BHPian

Good start being wasted.

Sehwag too gone now.

How many here believe that Dravid will calll it quits at the end of this test match?
Old 6th November 2008, 11:33   #4527
Team-BHP Support

I am a little scared of this performance. Really need to bat well from here on. For people watching on TV, how is the pitch playing ?
Old 6th November 2008, 11:57   #4528
Senior - BHPian

The pitch is flat and placid. Batsmen's paradise. If at all you get out, then by your own stupidity. Of course the odd ball is turning and jumping up, but nothing that can't be handled..

The way Rahul got out, was totally unacceptable. But I don't want the Wall to announce his retirement yet. Actually waiting to see Dada's swan song..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am a little scared of this performance. Really need to bat well from here on. For people watching on TV, how is the pitch playing ?
Old 6th November 2008, 12:13   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
The way Rahul got out, was totally unacceptable. But I don't want the Wall to announce his retirement yet.
I have been a big fan of Dravid. But he had been given a really long rope in last two years. He has an average of less than 35 in these two years and doesn't deserve his place anymore.

At 36, there is also no point in team persisting with him for future. IMO, he will be dropped for the next series, and it will be very difficult, if not impossible' for him to come back into the side.

And ending the career with somebody, with whom he started his career will be tempting for him...

\N
Old 6th November 2008, 12:21   #4530
Team-BHP Support

All that should be secondary for the team, they have some work ahead of them in this match first !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks