Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 23:15   #4741
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
According to this report, Dravid used squash ball to get out bad form & end his run drought
Anything wrong with using a squash ball? I really don't see why you are shocked. Its been a tried and tested theory for quite a while now.
Old 20th December 2008, 00:27   #4742
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Thik samje aap mere aka!Do check recent runs per over of most of top teams for last 1 year in test cricket and why they played so slow,are we 0-1 down in series?
Check kiya Chele:

Cricinfo - Records - Test matches - Highest run rate in a completed innings

Look on that link. As per you i searched and i found only 1 match in the whole history spanning more then 100 years, sir. Now what?

Now i know what the argument will be: Do check recent runs per over of most top teams for last one year.

I did even better, i checked the highest runs in one day in a test match, again only one entry in the last one year.

Cricinfo - Records - Test matches - Most runs in one day

Next i assumed argument would be check on the RR of the best team - Australia.

Cricinfo - Records - Australia - Test matches - Highest totals

Again i found only 2 entries in the last 1 year.

Ab kya kare Chele? Dravid ki jaga koi T20 player le? Or should we play only the T20 team on tests?

We are 1 up in the series.

Last edited by Spitfire : 20th December 2008 at 00:31.
Old 20th December 2008, 00:55   #4743
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Test ho ya T20 run hi to banana hai.. kyu?
I don't completely agree.

Wicket bhi to lena hai
Old 20th December 2008, 03:51   #4744
ECM
BHPian

test ho ya T20 does not matter,important is play for the team aur apka Dravid usme fit nahi ho raha hai,not from today but from last 2 years.
Couple of days back there was a silly arguement from one of the selector who said whom we should select in place of him and if we select anyone and he scores a tonn,meanwhile Rahulji finds his form in Ranji matches what we(selectors)can do in that case?
Looks selectors and my aka are busy in protecting Dravid.
Sone ki murgi ne anda dena bandh kar diya hai,better get a new murgi now.
Quote:
Ab kya kare Chele? Dravid ki jaga koi T20 player le? Or should we play only the T20 team on tests?
Old 20th December 2008, 10:10   #4745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Somehow i have a gut feeling he will score in this test and first innings itself..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Ahh I would love to see him bat and get a big one under his belt.
Rahul is nearing to his target of 100 which your gut feeling has set. currently he is on 95.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:37   #4746
BANNED

Gilchrist hit 13 fours and eight sixes from just 104 balls. Venugopal Rao adopted this method to clear the boundary in IPL.

But Dravid using the technique to stay at the wicket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Anything wrong with using a squash ball? I really don't see why you are shocked. Its been a tried and tested theory for quite a while now.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:43   #4747
BANNED

Quote:
Looks selectors and my aka are busy in protecting Dravid.
Sone ki murgi ne anda dena bandh kar diya hai,better get a new murgi now.
Da diya sona ka aanda... Chele yeh murgi nahi hai, Rahul Dravidji lambi race ka ghoda hai.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:52   #4748
BANNED

May be this 'thread' be renamed 'धागा'.
Old 20th December 2008, 11:31   #4749
BANNED

When Dravid crosses 125, he will overtake Ricky Ponting in the list of Test matches - Most runs in career and capture 5th position.

Last edited by diabloo : 20th December 2008 at 11:33.
Old 20th December 2008, 12:03   #4750
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Gilchrist hit 13 fours and eight sixes from just 104 balls. Venugopal Rao adopted this method to clear the boundary in IPL.

But Dravid using the technique to stay at the wicket?
You need to read up more on this technique, I don't think it is limited to just stroke play. Gilchrist primarily used it to prevent his bottom hand from turning too far across while playing his shots. Dravid seems to be facing the same issue. He is falling over to soon, playing across the line at most times (much like Ricky Ponting used to during his slump). The squash ball will only enable them to play a lot straighter rather than cut behind backward cover, hook/pull etc. Anyone who understands cricket must know that by playing in the "V" (which EVERY coach advocates) you have less chances of getting yourself dismissed, that is the main reason to use a squash ball. And there is no better way to get back into form than "spending time in the middle". Its a proven theory over decades.

Also, I really don't see the point you are trying to make here. Gilly used it in a WC ODI, Rao used it in a T20, while Dravid used it in a TEST match. Are you trying to say, he should have played like a ODI or T20 match? This squash ball thing is mainly to prevent your bottom hand turning the bat too much, thats all. Different people (based on their batting styles) use their grips for different kinds of strokes (attacking/defensive). If you think it miraculously (except for the wall) makes people play attacking shots you would be assuming wrong. It just corrects your technique (flaw in it here), strokeplay is still dependant on the batsmens mindset, line & length of the ball, amongst other factors. Just because you have a squash ball doesn't mean you can hit a yorker out of the park.
Old 20th December 2008, 12:05   #4751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Total(1 wicket; 72 overs)179(2.48 runs per over)
Dravid is playing in old test match style,today most of teams score fast in test cricket,I dont blame him as he is running in a bad patch of his form but such slow scoring rate is not acceptable in any case,a personal inning he is playing and of no use to team of India.
These 2 guys have given a solid foundation to others players. Its 302/1 right now. A 296* partnership. It is very useful foundation for India. Now other players can come in an score briskly as they have nothing to loose now. I feel they should declare the innings today at 550+ on board.
Old 20th December 2008, 12:31   #4752
ECM
BHPian

Aka to phir jao aur ghode ko ghaas khilao.
Quote:
Da diya sona ka aanda... Chele yeh murgi nahi hai, Rahul Dravidji lambi race ka ghoda hai.
Old 20th December 2008, 12:53   #4753
BANNED

True.

Squash ball & runs on board gives Dravid the confidence to use the long handle, result?
Dravid looks to hit the ball over long-on, but his feet aren't in the right place and he only manages to loft the ball to Panesar at deep mid-off - OUT !!

Anyway, he became the 5th highest run scorer in the history of Test cricket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Just because you have a squash ball doesn't mean you can hit a yorker out of the park.
Old 21st December 2008, 10:57   #4754
BANNED

There is another match in Perth:

South Africa require another 81 runs with 6 wickets in 58 overs on a 5th day pitch for a win.

Will they?
Old 21st December 2008, 11:47   #4755
Senior - BHPian

Under 50 to get for SA now. the 2 youngsters batting sensibly. Looks everyone has the Aussies in their sights now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks