Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 10:40   #4906
BHPian

Why did Dhoni come up at No. 3? Unless he is planning to establish himself as a permanent no. 3, he should've given this opportunity to Raina or Yuvraj who are going to take that slot in the long run.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:56   #4907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Why did Dhoni come up at No. 3? Unless he is planning to establish himself as a permanent no. 3, he should've given this opportunity to Raina or Yuvraj who are going to take that slot in the long run.
I'd rather see Rohit Sharma playing at No.3. He's a more technically sound batsman than both Raina and Yuvi.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:49   #4908
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I'd rather see Rohit Sharma playing at No.3. He's a more technically sound batsman than both Raina and Yuvi.
Technically sound? what age are you in man? Now its slam and bang. It works and how. 9 wins on the trot.

Yuvi and Viru are king. Send Yuvraj or Dhoni or Raina or Rohit or Pathan or anyone at No 3. Dhoni is doing the job lets all keep quite and let him manage the show.
Old 6th February 2009, 16:24   #4909
BHPian

Yaaaayyy!! The bunch of cheats and thugs lose yet again!

AUS: 225/4 in 50
NZ : 226 in 48.5

So much for Mr "Losing the next match is unthinkable" Clarke..You LOST!
O I can't describe the feeling of seeing you lose Mr Clarke. Hope you continue losing like this to all the teams. It gets better with every loss!
Old 6th February 2009, 16:39   #4910
Team-BHP Support

Holy Cow! With this loss Australia drop below India in the ICC ODI rankings.

Now India is #2 pushing Australia to #3 position.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:17   #4911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Holy Cow! With this loss Australia drop below India in the ICC ODI rankings.

Now India is #2 pushing Australia to #3 position.
Love it. I think we are just 2 points behind SA now.

Quote:
And what has Rohit Sharma done in his 30+ odd ODI's. Nothing. And he has got chances at 3,4,5 regularly.
Raina and Gambhir are more logical choices considering with Sachin in he and sehwag will open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
If you see the way Dhoni operates over the year he is quiet flexible and does not believe in one formula. Here he must have seen with Sachin not there at top the batting looked a bit weak and so took the responsibilty as an anchor at 3.
I believe we should applaud a captain for taking the responsibilty when required then hiding at no. 6,7 when the game is all but lost (As Inzamam was doing in his last days as skipper)
Old 6th February 2009, 18:23   #4912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If you see the way Dhoni operates over the year he is quiet flexible and does not believe in one formula.
I hope he hasnt learnt it from Greg Chappell!!

And regarding Rohit Sharma, he was playing fab cricket with the Deccan Chargers. In fact the only batsman scoring runs. Of late he might have lost some touch, but I still think he's one of the future stars on India
Old 6th February 2009, 18:32   #4913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be frank i think we have given him enough chances to prove his consistency. All of us know he is talented. I would prefer Badrinath to Rohit Sharma. Rohit played well in T20 WC & IPL. After that i havent seen much consistency.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:35   #4914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope he hasnt learnt it from Greg Chappell!!

And regarding Rohit Sharma, he was playing fab cricket with the Deccan Chargers. In fact the only batsman scoring runs. Of late he might have lost some touch, but I still think he's one of the future stars on India
Noone is denying the fact he is talented. But talent requires execution as well which i am not able to see in his innings so far. I feel he has a laid back attitude which is the prob - same one which was there in Yuvraj earlier on.
Old 6th February 2009, 19:14   #4915
Senior - BHPian

What was Irfan bowling ? Rubbish !!!! It's better we get in another fast bowler than relying on him.

Talking to too many people about his bowling has taken a toll on him - infact he bowls a lot like Kapil Dev in his last test.
Old 6th February 2009, 19:21   #4916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
What was Irfan bowling ? Rubbish !!!! It's better we get in another fast bowler than relying on him.

Talking to too many people about his bowling has taken a toll on him - infact he bowls a lot like Kapil Dev in his last test.
Well, It was his dream to become Kapil Dev of Indian cricket, and he has done it.

I too think that its time to look beyond him.
Old 6th February 2009, 21:51   #4917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Well, It was his dream to become Kapil Dev of Indian cricket, and he has done it.

I too think that its time to look beyond him.
He has lost the pace(which was already less when he came), the swing(which was his main weapon) and the confidence. He is not suitable anymore to be in the team.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:33   #4918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
He has lost the pace(which was already less when he came), the swing(which was his main weapon) and the confidence. He is not suitable anymore to be in the team.
He reminded me of Agarkar, for a while. Getting hit left ,right and center!
Old 8th February 2009, 12:22   #4919
Team-BHP Support

Finally when SL got to bat first, the tables seem to have turned. Only Dhoni and Gambhir have not bowled, I can't remember seeing 9 bolwers on the score board ever and still 15 overs to go. And Irfan has the best bowling record today at 35 for one after 7 overs.
Old 8th February 2009, 23:09   #4920
ECM
BHPian

Irafan?
This guy is missing simple basics to bowl wicket to wicket,this he must do first if he wants to play for India,forget swing or speed which may come later.The way Zaheer has improved I think he can be the best coach for him-no idea how the relationship they have btwn the two of them,if Pathan continuous like this I doubt he may not be in first 21 for next series even.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks