Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 22:38   #5401
Distinguished - BHPian

We lost! But we should have won! Jadeja should be thrown out of the team for his foolishness....

Sachin also got out to a very stupid shot. Didnt expect that from him after scoring 178 fabulous runs.
Old 5th November 2009, 22:38   #5402
BHPian

lost by 3 runs and 2 balls to spare -- so close and yet so far

Last edited by kpbhatt : 5th November 2009 at 22:38. Reason: spellcheck
Old 5th November 2009, 22:39   #5403
BHPian

Hands down the most retarded way of loosing. Tandulkar class act, Raina played well. Pravin Kumar was exceptional. Jadeja needs to play cricket with leg cuffs.
Old 5th November 2009, 22:41   #5404
Senior - BHPian

Damn it!!! We should have won this one. This by all means that Aussies have a better chance of clinching the series!! But hats off to Sachin and few others, atleast we fought till the last!
Old 5th November 2009, 22:43   #5405
Senior - BHPian

Happens to Sachin, again!!! 1999, Test Match, Pakistan. Anybody?
Old 5th November 2009, 23:01   #5406
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to Sachin. Someone needs to spank Jadeja. HARD.

I'm sure the vast majority of Indians are mouthing unparliamentary expletives for him this moment.
Old 5th November 2009, 23:05   #5407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

I'm sure the vast majority of Indians are mouthing unparliamentary expletives for him this moment.
+1. Seriously Jadeja ruined the show.
Old 5th November 2009, 23:24   #5408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Sachin also got out to a very stupid shot. Didnt expect that from him after scoring 178 fabulous runs.
Slow ball does the trick..else that would have been another tricky boundary for him. WHAT AN INNINGS .......Great show by Raina & gutty cameo by Pravin with that timing six
Old 6th November 2009, 10:52   #5409
BANNED

Its good to be alive, yes it surely is.

20 years, thousands of hours spend watching a ball and you walk in and do it all over again.

Will go down as one of my best hours spend in front of the TV ever.

The look on his face when given out in the previous match as he walked off the field told me this man is coming back and coming back big.

What a performance. Encore.

For the rest of the team. Well, if you have someone like Sachin on the other end, going like the way he is. You need to only save your wicket. Thats it.

PS: Yes I am a big fan of Sachin. Not only because of the way he plays but also becasue the way he is off field too.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:10   #5410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
We lost! But we should have won! Jadeja should be thrown out of the team for his foolishness....

Nikhil if Sachin is supposed to make all the runs then why we have 6 other batsman playing in the eleven?
3 wickets in hand when he got out with 19 required of 18 and still if we don't win what can Sachin do in that. Remember in cricket you will get out eventually on some ball and consider 175 is not a small score for a 36 year old and it was evident he was tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
lost by 3 runs and 2 balls to spare -- so close and yet so far
Story of Indian cricket for decades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Ya. That was more heartbreaking as was against pakistan and Sachin played with an injured back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Why are we after Jadeja's life?
The guy made a mistake and so did - sehwag,gambhir,yuvi,dhoni etc. He is young and inexperienced at such level so give him time to learn. Whoever has played cricket themselves know this happens in pressure situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Its good to be alive, yes it surely is.

20 years, thousands of hours spend watching a ball and you walk in and do it all over again.

Will go down as one of my best hours spend in front of the TV ever.

The look on his face when given out in the previous match as he walked off the field told me this man is coming back and coming back big.

What a performance. Encore.

For the rest of the team. Well, if you have someone like Sachin on the other end, going like the way he is. You need to only save your wicket. Thats it.

PS: Yes I am a big fan of Sachin. Not only because of the way he plays but also becasue the way he is off field too.
+1+1+1

As rightly said he is indeed a God of cricket!
Imo there are only 2 genius in cricket i had seen playing - SRT and Brian Charles Lara.

Just a couple of days back on another forum someone was saying Sachin is finished. Well he got the answer yesterday.
Whatever said the game was excellent and for me the end result doesnt matter. The honor of watching such a class innings overshadows everything.
SRT - Take a bow!

Last edited by harry10 : 6th November 2009 at 14:11.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:15   #5411
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely enjoyed yesterday's match. Except for the result. Towards the climax the game was tilting either ways every other ball. Excellent match. Don't worry, we will win the series. We are winning the next.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:50   #5412
Team-BHP Support

Sachin! What an innings! No words to describe the talent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Why are we after Jadeja's life?
The guy made a mistake and so did - sehwag,gambhir,yuvi,dhoni etc. He is young and inexperienced at such level so give him time to learn. Whoever has played cricket themselves know this happens in pressure situations.
Jadeja made a mistake the previous ball as well. Got saved, and what does he do? Throws away his wicket in the very same way! Clearly, there was no run there!

For me, that was 'the' moment that changed the game. He had the skill to finish it with Sachin till the end. Two back to back wickets meant Sachin had to try finish it himself, which resulted in a mistake of the slow ball!

Jadeja seemed to be in control with the bat though! Hope he learns to handle pressure situations very soon!
Old 6th November 2009, 16:32   #5413
BHPian

Sachin is up and above all, in an interview post match he was asked 'what keeps going even after 20 years cricket?'

His reply bought tears in my eyes, I felt so proud of being Sachin's fan and the reply from Sachin was :::

'It was my childhood dream to play for India and I am just living my dream from past 20 years.'
Old 6th November 2009, 16:37   #5414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Exactly my words when Sachin got out .. Got a kick from my friend sitting next for reminding the disaster, as he was sure that we are going to make it.
Old 8th November 2009, 09:30   #5415
Senior - BHPian

India - 33/5 after 11 overs

i am shocked. such poor batting display.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks