Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 17:30   #3901
BANNED

Glad be part of once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Sehwag's innings. Wishing him Good Luck to get 500*.
Old 28th March 2008, 20:14   #3902
BANNED

On this historical day, we buddies met to talk about Sehwag's innings. All of were in agreement that Sehwag would have scored more (and crossed 300 in a day) but for Dravid 'inability to rotate strike on batting pitch'.
Old 28th March 2008, 22:02   #3903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Now would be fun to see whether sehwag wil try to hit a six to get his 300
He didnt, but he seems to have no 'nervous nineties' and doesnt struggle towards each landmark - like the commentator said, when Sehwag goes for his hundred, its the bowlers that have the 'nervour nineties', wondering which one of them will get clobbered for a six.

Now lets see what the rest of our star-studded team can do in the morning session tomorrow - everything depends on that.
Old 28th March 2008, 22:16   #3904
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to Sehwag !! Great innings. True he doesnt have nervous nineties like
Sachin. .
Old 28th March 2008, 22:22   #3905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
but if we declare tomorrow after lunch, even with a lead of 50, they'll have to play out at least 4 sessions. 'Coz with Sehwag and Dhoni 250 odd will be gettable in 35-40 overs.

Just my two cents.

\N
Provided we get the SAF's all out for that much na !! And on this pitch - I think we would be fools to declare only with 50 ahead. Bat on - get a 250-300 lead and then declare.

What a patya wicket - like everyone said - waste of a test match.

@diabloo - it's the sub-continent dude - if Sehwag cannot score here , where will he ?

And Dravid again proves his inability to rotate strike.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:25   #3906
BANNED

Well, Dravid again provided exemplary contest between bat & ball, where the bowlers had him in the dock on a batting pitch .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
The magic of seeing a batsman struggle to score every run would be completely lost upon you!.
Sehwag moved from 291 to 297 with a six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
He didnt, but he seems to have no 'nervous nineties' and doesnt struggle towards each landmark - like the commentator said, when Sehwag goes for his hundred, its the bowlers that have the 'nervour nineties', wondering which one of them will get clobbered for a six.
Sehwag has hundreds in SA, in ENG and in AUS too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
@diabloo - it's the sub-continent dude - if Sehwag cannot score here , where will he ?
Old 28th March 2008, 23:53   #3907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
At this rate, every chance of sehwag getting another triple, maybe more. I am going to watch the post tea session.

I SAID IT RIGHT !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
. Get a lead of 200, put the opposition in on the last day and WIN. This how Australia play.
Yeah ? now we wanna play like australia ? why ? let's play like India at least when we are in India & playing someone else.

Quote:
Glad be part of once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Sehwag's innings. Wishing him Good Luck to get 500*.
I was there when he did it & i am too damn proud of that. It was a momentous ocassion. The crowd was going crazy when dravid was on strike. I could hear a few hindi wallahs in the crowd actually appealing when dravid left a ball alone & saying arrey yaaar. every time a ball was bowled at dravid the crowd expected him to get out, that was really sad. Yeah, i understand that they were waiting for sehwag's triple, but still. I have never seen such crowd reaction in chennai in the last 20 years that i have been watching cricket.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:54   #3908
BANNED

Virender Sehwag admitted that being dropped from the Test side "motivated" him to concentrate better, enabling him to produce what he termed as his "best innings".
Cricinfo - Being dropped motivated me - Sehwag
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
But Sehwag himself would value few other knocks of his, more than the current one.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:58   #3909
BANNED

To play like Australia is to play for a win.
Quote:
Yeah ? now we wanna play like australia ? why ? let's play like India at least when we are in India & playing someone else.
They wanted to end Dravid's misery.
Quote:
every time a ball was bowled at dravid the crowd expected him to get out,
Old 29th March 2008, 00:17   #3910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They wanted to end Dravid's misery.

I felt sad for that kind of immaturity in thinking. The only reason the crowd did that was because sachin would come in next. I rate Dravid very high & felt really aloof in that crowd. Sachin averages 92 with4 centuries in this ground. VIVA le sehwag.
Old 29th March 2008, 01:33   #3911
BANNED

Highest in a day is Don is Bradman's 309 runs against England in Leeds in 1930. Sehwag made 257. Maybe if Dravid had rotated the strike, an Indian would have had the record from the Australian.
Quote:
"With that last six from Sehwag, another record has gone down. This is the most number of runs scored by an individual in a day since 1954 when Denis Compton scored 273."
A man and his day. What do you call batmen who comes to crease on a batting beauty, gets stuck to the delight of the opposition bowlers and jeopardizes the team's run scoring rate?
Quote:
I felt sad for that kind of immaturity in thinking.
The only reason the crowd did that was because sachin would come in next. I rate Dravid very high & felt really aloof in that crowd.
Old 29th March 2008, 10:30   #3912
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And Dravid again proves his inability to rotate strike.
Or look at it in a positive way. Dravid occupying the crease and playing like a tortoise gave Sehwag enough time to relax at the other end. Had Dravid gone on rotating the strike Sehwag might have gotten tired sooner and lost concentration which could have led to throwing his wicket away. In a way I think Dravid's game did help Veeru relax amidst all that besergk batting prowess. But hats off to the Nawab.

Also how many times have we noticed in the past that while one bastsmen in going hammer and tongs, he has just managed to run out of partners at the other end. Atleast this way we still have lots of wickets left in hand with the batsmen coming in all capable of strokeplay at a run a ball.
Old 29th March 2008, 22:24   #3913
BANNED

I couldn't catch the match today. Now I got to see the score, oh boy what a mess our experienced lot have gotten into !! They have snatched draw from the jaws of victory. If they don't pull their socks, they will snatch defeat from the jaws of a draw.

This line in Cricinfo tells the tale of this test:
"Take away Sehwag's special innings and India have been outmatched as a team against South Africa."
Old 30th March 2008, 16:26   #3914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Take away Sehwag's special innings and India have been outmatched as a team against South Africa."
Take away that & there is nothing to write about in this poor exhibition of test cricket.
Old 30th March 2008, 17:08   #3915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I got to see the score, oh boy what a mess our experienced lot have gotten into !! They have snatched draw from the jaws of victory. If they don't pull their socks, they will snatch defeat from the jaws of a draw.

This line in Cricinfo tells the tale of this test:
Its really unfortunate here that some of the people here still think that only juniors are doing the right thing. Where were all of you when the same team played Aussies in Australia. Then all the people here were very appereiciative about the seniors we have got in our team.

Dravid has scored 10000+ runs in both the forms of cricket and deserves to be appereciated. How many of these so called juniors will do this feat let us wait and see.

And do remember, Sehwag is also a senior player.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks