Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2021, 11:38   #14536
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
This guy is ruining his own image by publishing his lavish lifestyle on social media. We wanted a copy of Kapil Dev instead got Ranveer Singh in him
Who are we to judge what someone does on their personal time. What he(Hardik) does on-field matters, in which case we definitely got a Ranveer Singh. I do not care what these BCCI players do with their personal life. Even the "God of cricket"(for some) had some issues with his Ferrari and tax. Let us not jump to judging people on what they do in their own time.

By the way, what is posted here is just one side of the coin. There is another news here that talks about how he voluntarily reached out to customs.

We believe what we hear
VW2010 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 19:58   #14537
Senior - BHPian

The host nations for every major ICC men’s limited overs event between 2024 and 2031 have been confirmed.

The Cricket Thread-20211116_195653.jpg

Quote:
In June 2024, the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will go somewhere it has never been before, with USA hosting the event alongside the West Indies, which staged the tournament in 2010.
Quote:
In October/November 2027, Namibia will host the Men’s Cricket World Cup for the first time alongside Zimbabwe and South Africa. South Africa and Zimbabwe last staged the event in 2003.
Quote:
In 2030, England will share T20 World Cup hosting duties with Ireland and Scotland. It will be the first time since 1999 that Ireland and Scotland have hosted a major global cricket event.
Quote:
The final scheduled event, in October/November 2031, will be the Men’s Cricket World Cup, played in India and Bangladesh.
The Cricket Thread-smartselect_20211116195817_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th November 2021 at 20:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 00:16   #14538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
This guy is ruining his own image by publishing his lavish lifestyle on social media. We wanted a copy of Kapil Dev instead got Ranveer Singh in him
He had the potential, the way he was playing couple of years back, people were calling him the next best balling allrounder after Kapil Dev. The fame and money he got him from the IPl got into his head and now it's affecting his performance. After a dismissal performance in T20 world cup, he has been dropped for NZ series.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 10:24   #14539
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

In yesterday's first T20I, when India was batting, mid way through the chase, I thought India is bullying New Zealand and it will be a comfortable and easy win and then once Rohit and Surya got out, suddenly it seemed like there was a struggle to get the remaining few runs but in the end we managed to win.

Good move to hand over a debut to Venkatesh Iyer, but he didn't bowl a single over, so what was the point trying him as Hardik's replacement for the all rounders position ?

I also think Pant could have been rested and Ishaan could have filled in as the wicketkeeper/middle order batsman.

Last edited by NPV : 18th November 2021 at 10:25.
Old 18th November 2021, 10:45   #14540
BHPian

What is the point of bringing back Champions Trophy? ICC event every year is an overkill with the limited number of nations playing cricket. The only good thing is them giving smaller nation a chance to host i.e. Namibia, Zimbabwe. Those boards will be able to do a lot of good with the money the event brings in.

My understanding was the cricket matches in USA, atleast the world series where played in baseball pitches as it could accommodate large crowds. There are only 4 cricket grounds which can host international matches in USA and the crowd capacity at two of those is 8000 and 4000! Not sure how this kind of infrastructure can support an ICC world cup.
Old 18th November 2021, 12:35   #14541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Not sure if many remember Vinod Kambli who was known for same reasons back then. Good talent but money got to him, wearing Platinum Chains, and all the style he tried in the 90's got him out of the team.

Anyways we should start looking ahead now and other options in place of Hardik and Pant should be tried.

Pant is a good player but when he into bat it doesn't give confidence that he can win the match, most of his shots I personally feel are hit or miss.

It's about time we start looking for more wicketkeeper batsman.
Old 18th November 2021, 12:54   #14542
Senior - BHPian

I was a bit disappointed by Rohit yesterday as captain.

Siraj and Chahar were going for runs and he still didn't give Venky atleast 2 overs. What's the use of an allrounder if he isn't going to be utilised as one. Also Shreyas Iyer at 5 doesn't makes sense at all. He isn't a hitter. He needs a lot of time to settle down and then strike it. Either play him at 3 or don't play him at all. Once Kohli is back Shreyas will be benched as there is no space for him now.

Dravid looked quite tense yesterday and not his usual cool self, might be first game as full time coach nervousness. No one wants to start first game on a losing side.

Bhuvi's pace and swing was back. Hopefully he maintains it. Ashwin was brilliant. He should be a starter every game and this fascination with wrist spinners need to end. You play your best spinner irrespective of his bowling style.
Old 19th November 2021, 12:57   #14543
Senior - BHPian

AB De Villiers has announced his retirement from all formats of the Cricket.

The Cricket Thread-20211119_125755.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th November 2021 at 13:00.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 13:04   #14544
Senior - BHPian

Paine quits captaincy, as another skeleton comes tumbling out of the cupboard.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/t...worker-1290071
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 13:17   #14545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
AB De Villiers has announced his retirement from all formats of the Cricket.
Absolute legend of the game - on & off the field. Specifically thanked India, shows how much love & respect he had got by playing in the IPL. Followed his career from the very begining and loved his batting technique. Tried copying his sweep of balls bowled outside off stump, failed at it terribly. Will miss watching him bat
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 14:21   #14546
Senior - BHPian

Hoped he would play next IPL but sadly he decided to retire. Absolute legend. Haven't seen a better striker of white ball in this decade against quality bowlers. His 149 off 44 balls still remains a gem to watch.
Old 19th November 2021, 14:47   #14547
Distinguished - BHPian

What a loss!! That said at 37, it was coming, I guess RCB might have been a bit skeptical as well to retain him, since they need to build a team for future. That might have been a reason he probably retired a year earlier.

But what a player he has been, with him on the crease nothing felt impossible, probably more loved then Kohli himself in RCB camp, and probably the most loved overseas player in India. Will miss seeing him bat!!
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:54   #14548
BHPian

I just watched his 149/44 innings again. What a man he is! Pure joy to watch when he was on song. Most of his shots are innovative and involve right placement. He was an absolute gem when playing those 'behind the stumps' on-side shots. For me, he is the best ODI player of all time.
Old 19th November 2021, 21:23   #14549
Senior - BHPian

Ricky Ponting revealed that he was approached to be India's head coach before Rahul Dravid took over the role earlier this month following Ravi Shastri's exit after the T20 World Cup.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 22:32   #14550
BHPian

With the PayTM T20 Cup in the shelf, we must now look at giving opportunities to the newbies.

My XI for the last T20:

I Kishan
R Sharma
S Iyer
SKY
R Pant (wk)
V Iyer
A Patel
R Ashwin
H Patel
Y Chahal
A Khan

My actual wish would be seeing the head coach open the batting with Rohit Sharma
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks