Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2009, 09:03   #4846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Seems like SA will take the throne of one day ranking. Aussie era seems to be over. Finally!

Mods, can we have India vs SL poll now?
Why do we need poll. looking at the current form I feel again India will be doing good in Lanka too. I know Lanka is not a bachha team but still I think Dhoni boy's will play good.
Old 31st January 2009, 17:49   #4847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Why do we need poll. looking at the current form I feel again India will be doing good in Lanka too. I know Lanka is not a bachha team but still I think Dhoni boy's will play good.
I requested for a poll mainly because the present one is quite old .

Coming back to todays match . India seem to have goofed up the decent foundation laid by Yuvi & Raina.Sehwag played really well but as usual . Hope we touch 250 !
Old 31st January 2009, 18:10   #4848
BHPian

Was watching Praveen Kumar .. today Gavaskar was mentioning his batting capabilities .. What a wastage .... Scored 15 out of 21 balls, but ugly to watch when he was facing Mendis and Maharoof..... Cant imagine he opens batting for UP in One dayers !!!!!!!! God save the UP one day side .. Dont tell me he is an allrounder .. Ajit Agarkar is way way better despite of being a Bombay duck ........
Old 1st February 2009, 21:42   #4849
BHPian

Yesss!! Australia got beaten again!! NZ beat them in a close match...

Its such a nice feeling everytime Australia loses.

Australia 181 in 48.4 overs and NZ chase and win 182/8 in 50

Last edited by Brabus E V12 : 1st February 2009 at 21:44.
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:21   #4850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post

This is really bad feeling but even I also have this same feeling. But still I think this is not a good sportsman's spirit.
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:31   #4851
BHPian

Quote:

It just keeps getting better everytime... I hope the Aussies continue in the same form they are in. And Ricky Ponting has been rested for the series!

NZ are the only team they have beaten in the last few months ever since they toured India. Lets hope the Kiwis turn it around this time.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:33   #4852
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to Ind/SL 2nd one day, while watching the highlights I noticed that while SL was batting the ball hit the stumps twice and the bails did not dislodge. What was that all about? I mean c'mon the ball did hit the wickets with good speed and still no affect!!!!!
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:56   #4853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Coming back to Ind/SL 2nd one day, while watching the highlights I noticed that while SL was batting the ball hit the stumps twice and the bails did not dislodge. What was that all about? I mean c'mon the ball did hit the wickets with good speed and still no affect!!!!!
Fot the 1st time my eyes saw something like that .. With Zaheer's lively pace the brillliant yorker hit the stumps still the bails did not fall down ...

If the commentators were politicians then the next line would have been

"Yeh opposition ki chaal he" .
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:21   #4854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Join the club!!
I had my heart in my mouth in the last 2 overs and the joy I felt when Australia lost was more than the joy I felt when Sri Lanka lost to India!!
Well... I guess we're all humans...
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:26   #4855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
This is really bad feeling but even I also have this same feeling. But still I think this is not a good sportsman's spirit.
Aray yaar sportsman's spirit should be kept in mind when the team actually believes in it. Australia do not have an ounce of sportsman spirit. I can't think of even one Aussie player who plays fairly.

Also have a look at the latest cheating accusation on Haddin..apparently he knocked the stumps off and the player was given out. I can the bet the authorities won't even do an investigation into this.
Cricinfo - Haddin calls 'cheat' claims poor and low

Its things like these that make me/us hate the Aussies even more. I hope they lose this series! They win with their umpires, match referees and Steve Waugh's pathetic bullying tactics which he calls "Mental Disintegration"...
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:56   #4856
BHPian

Any early predictions for today's match ? Sri Lanka has a habit of bouncing back from the deciding matches .... Any guess will Sachin fire or not today ? Will the smiling assasin Balaji get a chance to play ? Can they look to Ravinder Jadeja instead of Ojha to strengthen the lower middle order or Irfan will get a look in or no change in the playing XI ?
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:31   #4857
Team-BHP Support

Balaji will not play. Irfan is ahead of him in the line I guess. Also, I wonder why Sreesanth was not picked instead if Balaji.

And Sachin will make a 30-40s score.
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:43   #4858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Any early predictions for today's match ? Sri Lanka has a habit of bouncing back from the deciding matches .... Any guess will Sachin fire or not today ? Will the smiling assasin Balaji get a chance to play ? Can they look to Ravinder Jadeja instead of Ojha to strengthen the lower middle order or Irfan will get a look in or no change in the playing XI ?
I dont think Dhoni would make much changes for todays game. He already mentioned he would prefer wrapping up the series and give chance to others. Jayasuriya & Sangakkara s wicket will hold the key. I guess we will pull it off today .
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:56   #4859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Balaji will not play. Irfan is ahead of him in the line I guess. Also, I wonder why Sreesanth was not picked instead if Balaji.

You are way off target, I think it is Sachin's game today.
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:35   #4860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Also, I wonder why Sreesanth was not picked instead if Balaji.

Sree has done nothing to prove his fitness. I agree he is more than good enough bowler to bowl in international arena, but he is yet to prove his complete match fitness, where as Balaji has taken 38 wickets in 7-8 matches he has played. Its good that selectors are taking Rani performances into account. This will make the otherwise dull Domestic series a bit more interesting.

Coming to Sachin, the great is due for a long innings after those two wrong decissions. I think he needs to go a bit in Sehwag manner. A Slam bang century will quench my thirst. Good luck Sachin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks