Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 13:32   #1666
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Going by the first couple of overs Indian's seem to be getting no swing at all. I wonder why? Aussies swung the ball till the 20th over. Is this where our bowlers will let us down? Pitch seems to have eased up a bit after being under the sun. But once it looses its hardness I would want to see if we make good use of it. Or its dooms day for India. And our bowlers are the ones that would have lost us the match.

Btw, NC I think Sachin also has the highest number of 50's in ODI cricket as well. With this his tally is 84. I think he crossed Inzi, I might be wrong though.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:15   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Come on Suman, there was a period when Dhoni & Sachin were batting that runs were coming so freely (in singles & 4s). And it was Sachin who was doing most of the scoring (for that brief period). He was meddling the ball quite well before he got out. I am sure we would have got more had he stayed. Rahul, Dhoni didn't score well at all after Sachin got out. I think Robin saved our skins.

PS: When Dhoni came into the crease the score was 174 in 36 overs. When Sachin got out it was 221 in 41.5 overs. Thats 47 runs in 4.5 overs @ over 10 RPO. A feat that no one could match up till Robin scored those fabulous 4s. Since Sachin's dismissal India scored 70 runs in 8.5 overs @ 8 RPO. And I think around 30-40 runs came in the last 3 overs. Now you know where India really lost the match.

McLaren, I wish those were the facts, but unfortunately they are not. See below:

End of over 36 (2 runs) - India 174/2 (RR: 4.83)
SR Tendulkar 61* (102b 5x4)

At 41.5 overs,
SR Tendulkar run out 79 (184m 119b 7x4 0x6) SR: 66.38

That is 18 runs out of 17 ***** for Sachin. OK great, he scored a bit more than a strike rate of 100.

But check what Dhoni had during the same overs?

At 42 overs,
MS Dhoni 28 (18b, 4x4)

Thus, even when Sachin was scoring at run a ball after facing 102 *****, Dhoni who just came in outscored him! And there, I rest my case.

Source for all data above: Cricinfo

Last edited by pmbabu : 8th October 2007 at 14:20.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:22   #1668
BANNED

Hey pmbabu, thats conclusive. But some people refuse to see the facts

Hayden scores 50 of 39 deliveries !! And his Indian counterpart scores 50 of 91 delievries !!! Also if nobody outscores Sachin in this match, then Sachin will get the MOTM award
Old 8th October 2007, 14:28   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey pmbabu, thats conclusive. But some people refuse to see the facts

Hayden scores 50 of 39 deliveries !! And his Indian counterpart scores 50 of 91 delievries !!! Also if nobody outscores Sachin in this match, then Sachin will get the MOTM award
Oh it is convincing is it? Mate the ball was doing circles in the begining. Agreed Sachin was scratching a bit too but then he was playing a sheet anchor role! Opening batting in swinging/seeming conditions is never easy and an early wicket or two would have taken India again to 200 or so..

Stop the bashing for god sake. What did MSD do in England save for one Test match at Lord's?

Stop the comparisons. Everyone has off days. Highest run getter in the last one day series gets this kinda treatment. Where is the world headed? Are we not too demanding of the little genius? Every match he goes out there he should score a 100 at a strike rate of 110. If anyone can do that and play for 16 years they will probably end up with 40 thousand runs
Old 8th October 2007, 14:31   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post

Stop the comparisons. Everyone has off days. Highest run getter in the last one day series gets this kinda treatment. Where is the world headed? Are we not too demanding of the little genius? Every match he goes out there he should score a 100 at a strike rate of 110. If anyone can do that and play for 16 years they will probably end up with 40 thousand runs
No sir, we are not asking him to score so every time. We are just requesting him to move aside and give that chance to an younger player who can at least use these opportunities to learn and become a good contributor in the near future.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:37   #1671
Senior - BHPian

The key is in the spinner's hands now and we have 2 experienced spinners there - lets see how it goes. If Kartik fails today, I guess we will have to call Venkatpathy Raju / Sunil Joshi / Rahul Sanghavi (depends on who is free) for the next match.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:37   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If anyone can do that and play for 16 years they will probably end up with 40 thousand runs

EDIT: PMBABUs post is worth a few hundred words.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th October 2007 at 14:42.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:41   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
No sir, we are not asking him to score so every time. We are just requesting him to move aside and give that chance to an younger player who can at least use these opportunities to learn and become a good contributor in the near future.
Like Uthapa who scores at a blistering pace and lasts no more than 30 ***** in a match? or Gambhir?

This old and young debate is useless. Let the best and most inform batsmen be in the team. Gambhir got two opportunities lost them, Dada got one and performed far better. So Dada over Gambhir. None of the blokes save Yuvraj has had a better series than Sachin. He scored 41 off 70 odd ***** in the last match when wickets were falling all around. Today he was scratchy but then so were the other players barring the two who ended the innings in a frenzy. It was a difficult pitch early on.

Should have been bowl first on this pitch is my take but then there is something called mindset which was that if we chase we lose. Hence bat first decision I guess.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:41   #1674
BANNED

Hey TheFreak, MSD was trying to save a Test match and he did it !!! MSD had 76 not out and batted with No 8,9,10 & 11. In the same innings Mr Dwarf made 16 and was LBW to a spinner
Quote:
Stop the bashing for god sake. What did MSD do in England save for one Test match at Lord's?
Good, he has thousands of runs. But, India has to win this match to keep the series alive and what does our batting legend do?
Quote:
Old 8th October 2007, 14:42   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Highest run getter in the last one day series gets this kinda treatment.
For your kind information, IR Bell, who bats number 3, scored 422 runs against Sachin's 374. Yuvraj scored 283 at a slightly better strike rate though he is NOT an opener (actually batted No.5) and doesn't get to waste *****

Check:
Cricinfo - Records - NatWest Series [India in England], 2007 - Most runs

Last edited by pmbabu : 8th October 2007 at 14:51.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:42   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey TheFreak, MSD was trying to save a Test match and he did it !!! MSD had 76 not out and batted with No 8,9,10 & 11. In the same innings Mr Dwarf made 16 and was LBW to a spinner
Please check the relevant statistics for the one day series in England!
Old 8th October 2007, 14:43   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
For your kind information, IR Bell, who bats number 3, scored 422 runs against Sachin's 374. Yuvraj scored 283 at a slightly better strike rate though he is NOT an opener and doesn't get to waste *****

Check:
Cricinfo - Records - NatWest Series [India in England], 2007 - Most runs
Sire! The highest run getter for India is what I meant. Please be kind enough to post MSD's stats?
Old 8th October 2007, 14:46   #1678
BANNED

We want people to deliver when it matters. Who is interested in how much baggage they collect in a match? Sachin made 79 of 119. We are interested how India can make use of the 40 Sachin didn't capitalize on.
Quote:
Sire! The highest run getter for India is what I meant. Please be kind enough to post MSD's stats?
Old 8th October 2007, 14:49   #1679
BANNED

When on 66, Hayden completed 1500 runs in the calendar year 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Another Sachin Tendulkar record

Sachin Tendulkar, in the course of his innings of 79, aggregated 1000 runs for the calendar year 2007. He's now done it in seven different years. No other batsman has managed this.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:49   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Please be kind enough to post MSD's stats?
Batting at number 7, he scored 175 runs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks