Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2023, 17:13   #16666
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Big ticket matches (even those without India) would be crowded in MAC.

How bad would it be to visit the smaller matches like say Pakistan vs Afghanistan or Newzealand vs Afghanistan?
Old 10th August 2023, 18:44   #16667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
How bad would it be to visit the smaller matches like say Pakistan vs Afghanistan or Newzealand vs Afghanistan?
That's my plan. I want to experience World cup matches but sadly Hyderabad didn't get any India matches. But counting on less crowd for other teams matches allocated in Hyderabad so it will be easy to attend
Old 10th August 2023, 18:46   #16668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Pakistan vs Afghanistan
If Afghanistan wins, it will be a memorable experience
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 22:05   #16669
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The ordinary stadium viewer is the lowest priority for BCCI.
Forget about the ordinary stadium viewer, BCCI themselves seem less bothered about this ODI WC! There is just no hype before this major event. It wouldn't be wrong to say that there is more hype & excitement created before every IPL than this present WC. No mascot, no theme/official song.
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 14:12   #16670
BHPian

Hi guys,
How easy or difficult is it to purchase tickets for the forthcoming test matches India v England starting 25th January 2024 at Hyderabad?
I’ve booked my flight to India and wondered what else i need to book in advance, i.e. internal flights, hotels etc.
Old 11th August 2023, 15:19   #16671
Team-BHP Support

While I do not have first hand experience, I dont think there should be any problem getting hold of a test match ticket. They are not sold out ever.

The in-stadium experience is another matter, as described in the posts above.
Old 13th August 2023, 14:33   #16672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The ordinary stadium viewer is the lowest priority for BCCI. The money is in TV/streaming broadcast of matches and adverts.
While what you say is the sad truth, I still don't understand why the fan experience is not a priority for the cricket in India.

The state cricket associations make most of their money from stadium revenue and hosting fees. Similarly for IPL franchise teams.

If the stadium is better maintained, that translates to better ticket prices for both. Additionally, if RCB can make the stadium experience an extension of the brand (as an example), that's a giant showcase for them in the stadium and as well as to the millions on TV.
dust-n-bones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 08:51   #16673
BHPian

I hope after this Ind WI series, the Samson push and experiment is over for good. At least till the T20 WC in 2024. :|

KL and Ishan Kishan are enough for wicket keeping duties and once Pant is back to original form and state, I think we can bid adieu even to IK.
Old 14th August 2023, 19:17   #16674
BHPian

India, for the first time, is hosting an ODI WORLD Cup single handedly, one would expect state of the art cricketing experience for all the fans. That's the least BCCI can do as India doesn't stand a chance to lift the cup, IMHO. Might as well be a great host and give all the fans a fantastic tournament.
Just imagine if Pakistan lifts the cup! I shudder.
When India wins, fans forget all the pain that goes into supporting the team. But this Indian side is going to choke, given the recent spate of poor results.
So hopefully BCCI loosens the purse strings and gives all the fans, in the stadiums and those in front of the telly, a show to remember.
Old 14th August 2023, 20:57   #16675
BHPian

So i tried to join the Rajendra Gymkhana and Mahendra Club in Patiala as it was a ground the MCC played on in the 1933-34 tour during which the first test match on Indian soil was played.
My grandfather was on that tour, playing in all three tests and in fact played for the RGMC. I have his RGMC blazer.

The reply i got back from the RGMC is they only allow citizens of Patiala membership. Only guests of members are allowed to stay there.
When i asked them if they had any members who would be interested in the history i got the reply that neither the club nor its members were interested.
How poor is that?
Mitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 23:35   #16676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I think we can bid adieu even to IK.
I fancy you meant Ishan & KL and not Ishan Kishan.

Very difficult spot for the selectors. Since childhood I was wishing and praying we get our own Gilchrist. We got one but sadly then...
Old 15th August 2023, 00:09   #16677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
While what you say is the sad truth, I still don't understand why the fan experience is not a priority for the cricket in India.
Because even without doing all the things that you mentioned the IPL matches, big nation matches will always be sold out. Basically the board or franchises do not have any incentive to improve things. It is not correct but that's the sad truth. Apart from test matches or matches against teams on lower half of table we see packed crowd.
Revvatron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 11:51   #16678
Distinguished - BHPian

KL should be kept away 500 kms away from T20 team, he is an absolutely selfish player and a disaster as opener. He fits the bill well in middle order of ODI team though.

Pant seems to be getting better seeing some of his current posts, pity he gets to miss out on WC in home conditions.

What is also alarming is how badly the hitting abilities of pandya have dipped suddenly, is it a captain curse or is it age starting catch up.
Old 16th August 2023, 09:17   #16679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Because no matter how bad the treatment and facilities, stadium tickets are still selling for IPL and ODI matches. Unless people vote with their feet, there is no incentive for state associations to improve facilities.

Quote:
The state cricket associations make most of their money from stadium revenue and hosting fees. Similarly for IPL franchise teams.
Don't know about the State Association revenue model, but I'm pretty sure for IPL teams, the bulk of the revenue is still from sharing of broadcast rights and advertising.

Last edited by am1m : 16th August 2023 at 09:20.
Old 16th August 2023, 09:24   #16680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I fancy you meant Ishan & KL and not Ishan Kishan...
I meant Ishan Kishan. Let's face it: If Rishabh Pant is fit, he'll definitely play and the ICT will find a way to slot KL in.
If Rishabh Pant is unavailable then KL will still play, either as a batsman or WK.

KL is sure to play (God knows why!v); as a keeper or as a batsman.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks