Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2023, 23:04   #16726
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
OK, incredible performance but I'm a bit greedy.
Shouldn't two centuries together warrant a much better strike rate and a higher total?
We batted for about 25 overs today, and got 200+ runs. I think that's not bad at all.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 05:43   #16727
Senior - BHPian

KL Rahul and Kohli scored 209 runs in 25.4 overs. India also scored 105 runs in the last 10 overs. In the world of T20 cricket, it is easy to get carried away and expect more.

I mean we could argue that if they scored 209 for no loss, it might as well could be 250 for 4 or 5. But the way Indian bowlers bowled on the same pitch, either Kolhi or Rahul getting out would have slowed us down considerably.

This approach could backfire on certain days, but yesterday was not it.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 12:58   #16728
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
OK, incredible performance but I'm a bit greedy.Shouldn't two centuries together warrant a much better strike rate and a higher total?
Both were batting at a strike rate of much below 60 around the 30th over I think! In the end it was a good effort to post 350+.
Old 12th September 2023, 13:42   #16729
BHPian

Watched cricket match after long time. Loved watching Pandya and Jaddu bowl. With world cup around the corner, both are either getting old or injury prone. Who will be their world cup backup/replacing talent?
Old 12th September 2023, 13:59   #16730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGirl_Dad View Post
Who will be their world cup backup/replacing talent?
Axar is a Jadeja's replacement. But we do not have anyone to replace Pandya, so we will have to wrap him in cottonwool for the next 2 months.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 14:24   #16731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Axar is a Jadeja's replacement. But we do not have anyone to replace Pandya, so we will have to wrap him in cottonwool for the next 2 months.
I guess lord Shradul might be a good enough Pandya replacement in limited overs cricket.
Old 12th September 2023, 14:46   #16732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I guess lord Shradul might be a good enough Pandya replacement in limited overs cricket.
They are both in the playing eleven, so can't be counted as a replacement.
Old 12th September 2023, 15:18   #16733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I don't think Shardul can replace Hardik as all-rounder. He is good with bat and certainly better with ball but we have only seen him hitting big blows towards the end of T20 innings. We certainly need a replacement to do what Hardik did against Pak in first game, anchor the innings till death overs incase of early wickets. Incase of T20's maybe but for 50 overs game am not so sure.
Old 13th September 2023, 09:15   #16734
BHPian

Good bowling effort from India last night to win despite a low score. Loved watching Hardik bowling so nicely, though I didn’t really like his sledging against a 20 year old Wellalage who looks like a future star for SL. Also I’m still not convinced with the idea of playing with three left arm spinners, especially when you have off spinners like Ash & Sundar who are equally good as Axar with the bat.
Old 13th September 2023, 11:09   #16735
Distinguished - BHPian

Though Axar helped with the bat yesterday, his bowling has really gone down, would be good for India to have Ashwin replace him in the final WC team, In our much more batting friendly wickets, Axar might get hit for way more then he will contribute with bat, Ashwin also has the potential to anchor the innings and can be made to bat a little up the order in 50 overs format while holding back hitters.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 13:44   #16736
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Though Axar helped with the bat yesterday, his bowling has really gone down, would be good for India to have Ashwin replace him in the final WC team, In our much more batting friendly wickets, Axar might get hit for way more then he will contribute with bat, Ashwin also has the potential to anchor the innings and can be made to bat a little up the order in 50 overs format while holding back hitters.
Axar was handy all this while when Jadeja was injured. Axar it seems tends to struggle a bit when Jadeja is also playing. His bowling was too flat yesterday while his batting has improved. I think its too late now to include Ashwin or Sundar in the squad barring injury concerns. Though they both add the much needed variety to the bowling unit.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 13:50   #16737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Axar was handy all this while when Jadeja was injured. Axar it seems tends to struggle a bit when Jadeja is also playing. His bowling was too flat yesterday while his batting has improved. I think its too late now to include Ashwin or Sundar in the squad barring injury concerns. Though they both add the much needed variety to the bowling unit.
I think the final team has to be submitted by end of September, and selectors can Ideally use the Australia ODI series to get Ashwin back in groove, but as you said might be too late for it.
Old 13th September 2023, 13:54   #16738
BHPian

Is there any chance/probability of India meeting Pakistan, in Asia cup finals ? Else ODI's are too time conusming and boring to watch.
Old 13th September 2023, 14:04   #16739
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Is there any chance/probability of India meeting Pakistan, in Asia cup finals ? Else ODI's are too time conusming and boring to watch.
That is quite likely.

Pak vs Sri Lanka is effectively a semifinal to decide who plays India in the final.
Old 13th September 2023, 14:22   #16740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Yesterday’s match was pretty competitive and a compelling watch. A fair contest between bat and ball is always worth watching. It is the one sided games which are boring, be it 20 overs long or 50 or 5 days.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks