Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2023, 18:04   #16606
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Cricket Thread

I just realised that the games will be streaming on Jio, so bracing myself for app issues

Btw, is Jio streaming it for free or do we need to buy a premium subscription?
Old 12th July 2023, 18:20   #16607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I just realised that the games will be streaming on Jio, so bracing myself for app issues

Available on DD sports free
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 18:39   #16608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Available on DD sports free
Does DD Sports have an app to stream content? I don’t have DTH.
Old 12th July 2023, 18:42   #16609
BHPian

Quote:
Does DD Sports have an app to stream content? I don’t have DTH.
No idea, you can try, I've DTH only.
Old 13th July 2023, 08:26   #16610
BHPian

Debutant Yashasvi Jaiswal has opened well 40 off 73 balls, he should score a big century+
Old 13th July 2023, 08:53   #16611
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn’t this the same West Indies team that just got knocked out of the World Cup? Nostalgia aside, what are we doing playing them? Shouldn’t they be playing against teams like Afghanistan or Bangladesh or Ireland or Zimbabwe for a relatively level playing field?

We have the Ashes going on, phenomenally competitive and engaging. And then there is this one sided snoozefest. It’s a bad advertisement for test cricket, it reinforces our reputation as stat padders and would further sink an already struggling side.

Not sure how much revenue it is generating either. Game is not interesting to watch, and the timings are too odd to attract viewers.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 13th July 2023 at 08:56.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 09:30   #16612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Isn’t this the same West Indies team that just got knocked out of the World Cup? Nostalgia aside, what are we doing playing them?.
As per my knowledge, the seasons are decided months/years in advance, so despite the current team ranking they are committed to play.

This also marks debut of many youngsters to show their talent.
Old 13th July 2023, 09:42   #16613
BHPian

Quote:
Game is not interesting to watch, and the timings are too odd to attract viewers.
Didn't realize that the series had started till the time a news popped up Ashwin setting an unique record of picking up test wickets of a father-son duo. When I read the Chanderpaul name, for my moment my dull brain wondered Shivnarine Chanderpaul was still playing . Then I realized that they are talking about picking up the father-son wickets in two different series.

Quote:
This also marks debut of many youngsters to show their talent.
Also for Rohit Sharma to show his talent .
Old 13th July 2023, 10:17   #16614
BHPian

This is a wasteful series. Should have sent our next level team with a new captain. Not sure what the players will achieve other than personal milestones.

Ashwin should have been rested. He doesn't need to prove anything.
Old 13th July 2023, 10:29   #16615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Rested for what, we don't pick him for the important matches anyway! And I'm sure he's itching to play some Test cricket.

But yes, more new players should have been given chances. Better to ease them into the Test scene with series like this. Kohli and Rohit should have been rested instead.
Old 13th July 2023, 10:46   #16616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jio cinema was fine for watching.
Commentary was horrendous as expected.

Quote:
Debutant Yashasvi Jaiswal has opened well 40 off 73 balls, he should score a big century+
I liked his positive batting. Also a rare top order for us who likes sweeping the spinners. I hope he gets a big one.

Quote:
Isn’t this the same West Indies team that just got knocked out of the World Cup? Nostalgia aside, what are we doing playing them? Shouldn’t they be playing against teams like Afghanistan or Bangladesh or Ireland or Zimbabwe for a relatively level playing field?
First of all West Indies white ball team and Test team aren't same.
And it's the same test team which won the series against England last year. They have been doing well atleast at home.

Also, this series is a part of new WTC cycle which is decided well in advance.

I agree with you on Ashes part. It's been brilliant so far. I even fired up my Tata sky after months just to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
This is a wasteful series. Should have sent our next level team with a new captain. Not sure what the players will achieve other than personal milestones.

No series is a waste. This was an excellent opportunity to bench Kohli and Rahane with Pujara. Play Sarfraz and Easwaran to see how they do at international scene. Rohit hasn't done badly off late so he could have stayed for experience sake. Just see how Yashasvi is breathing fresh air at the top. Selectors and management just don't care.

Why will Ashwin be rested. He has to pick loads of wickets every series and make some useful runs when so called Superstars will fail with bat again so India can qualify for WTC final so he can be benched again for it. Come on
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 11:16   #16617
Team-BHP Support

I stopped watching as soon as I realised that the expert commentary would be from the likes of Saba Karim and Pragyan Ojha.

Sorry, but two days back I was listening to Nasser Hussain, Mike Atherton, Ponting etc and my mind just couldn't handle the transition.

I might tune in today (on mute) to watch Yashaswi bat. But other than that, I will only watch the fall of wickets.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 12:11   #16618
BHPian

Quote:
I might tune in today (on mute) to watch Yashaswi bat. But other than that, I will only watch the fall of wickets.
I hope Jaiswal & Gill scores a double and Rohit a century. But would feel sad for Pujara. By past experience, I feel Pujara will have to outscore the best in Ranji & County cricket to make a comeback. It would be such an irony that Pujara who is looked up as an ideal replacement of Dravid will be out of contention with the latter being the head coach.
Old 13th July 2023, 20:10   #16619
BHPian

Quote:
First of all West Indies white ball team and Test team aren't same.
And it's the same test team which won the series against England last year. They have been doing well atleast at home.
They do seem to raise their game against the English .

Suppose only Holder and Joseph were part of the white ball team for the CWC qualifiers.

Quote:
Why will Ashwin be rested. He has to pick loads of wickets every series and make some useful runs when so called Superstars will fail with bat again so India can qualify for WTC final so he can be benched again for it. Come on
He did make a point on what the team missed in the WTC FINAL by sending back both the openers and picking up 5-for, else there would have been another record opening partnership by the WI team.
Old 13th July 2023, 20:49   #16620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post

He did make a point on what the team missed in the WTC FINAL by sending back both the openers and picking up 5-for, else there would have been another record opening partnership by the WI team.
Ashwin has a good record in West Indies historically. So his 5-fer is not much of a surprise. It is only in the SENA countries where he generally struggles to pick wickets. Rest of the world, he is a giant.

As to the WTC Final loss, I guess we killed that discussion a few pages ago

Last edited by Bhargav7 : 13th July 2023 at 20:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks