Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 11:17   #16696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I don't think you have followed Asia cup closely over the years.
Perhaps, perhaps not, but no need to make assumptions just to prove a point, right? We're all just posting opinions here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
And Pakistan are a very well organized settled team in odis. We all are in for a treat.
Good, I hope so too!

Last edited by am1m : 30th August 2023 at 11:18.
Old 30th August 2023, 11:35   #16697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Perhaps, perhaps not, but no need to make assumptions just to prove a point, right? We're all just posting opinions here.

Good, I hope so too!
Hey, that was just an observation in a light way. Apologies if it came out as rude.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 14:14   #16698
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Pakistan haven't had any real match practice for a long time, and they are the only serious opposition I see here.
Pakistan just played 3 ODIs against Afghanistan. And they have a superb bowling attack!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 16:16   #16699
Senior - BHPian

Lol. And India gives a glimse of what to expect in the upcoming World Cup. Absolutely not surprising performance. Worlds top batsmen already back in the hut within first 6 overs itself.

Am sure against Nepal they will score big tons and everyone will forget how fragile they are against quality bowlers.

Mr. Shastri claimed this is the strongest India side

Thankfully Iyer looks confident. Hope he stays till the end. Gill too is struggling for now against pakistani pace battery, living dangerously.

Edit: Damn, even Iyer is gone

Indian batters look so scared against this attack. Painful to watch. Feels we are in same situation now that pakistan was few years back while they have become a strong side.

Silver lining is hopefully this will knock some shame into the side and they will perform better in more crucial matches.

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd September 2023 at 16:35.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 19:22   #16700
Distinguished - BHPian

The fast bowlers come back and just steam roll any chance of a strong finish. Indian players are just looking clueless against fast bowlers.
Old 2nd September 2023, 19:39   #16701
Senior - BHPian

I think India needed atleast 300 to win the match. This will be an easy win for Pakistan.

Hopefully we manage to get some life into the match with our bowling.
Old 3rd September 2023, 12:06   #16702
BHPian

RIP one of the legends of cricket during Golden days of Zimbabwe cricket !
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-img_5874.jpeg  

NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 14:32   #16703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
The fast bowlers come back and just steam roll any chance of a strong finish. Indian players are just looking clueless against fast bowlers.
Indian top order has been consistently clueless against quality fast bowling over the past 3-4 years. Shubhman Gill looked completely out of place yesterday, while Iyer just wanted to flay the ball. Rohit being unable to play left arm swing and Kohli chopping on are also things we have seen far too frequently. We have been persevering with the same set of top order personnel for a long time, despite failure after failure.

Don’t know what kind of geniuses decided to rest Md Shami in an India Pakistan clash. But then, these are the same brilliant minds who have not picked the best spinner in the country, Ashwin, in the squad.

I have no hope from this team for the upcoming 50 over World Cup. Let’s just pray that the requisite changes are made to the players as well as to the coaching staff immediately after that.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 3rd September 2023 at 14:41.
Old 3rd September 2023, 14:41   #16704
Distinguished - BHPian

Ticket sales open at 8 pm and this is what greets you at exactly 8 pm, it's been an absolute disaster.

The Cricket Thread-screenshot_20230902_200025_bookmyshow.jpg
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:48   #16705
PPS
Senior - BHPian

We have to remember that yesterday's match was the least important of all India-Pakistan matches we'll have over the next couple of months! And its time our top order buckles up! Have found new found respect for Ishan Kishan in the middle order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Don’t know what kind of geniuses decided to rest Md Shami in an India Pakistan clash.
Shami has been dropped! Shardul has been accommodated as the 3rd seamer for perceived batting depth. This is an endless debate with no solution in sight frankly!
Old 5th September 2023, 13:43   #16706
Senior - BHPian

Here's the Team India squad for the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023.

The Cricket Thread-20230905_134224.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 13:59   #16707
Distinguished - BHPian

Obsession with KL rahul is a mystery, the guy has no match practice still has a niggle and still features in the team. Even SKY inclusion is a surprise as he has failed miserably in this format.

I don't have a good feeling about this World cup, I hope I am proven wrong.
AtheK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:02   #16708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Here's the Team India squad for the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023.

Attachment 2499511
So SKY who doesn't have any significant contribution in his 24 innings to show for and KL who if I recall correctly hasn't played any ODI in over a year gets selected for THE WORLD CUP. At this point selectors are not even trying to hide their bias
Revvatron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:33   #16709
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Team is clearly undercooked going into the WC! Its also a bit unsettled due to players still injured or recovering from injury & not playing enough ODIs recently. I don't think there are any surprises in the Squad.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 21:17   #16710
BHPian

Okay team selection for WC. Though I wanted two changes in this squad. Firstly I would pick an off spinner in place of Axar. Can’t understand the logic behind picking three left arm spinners. They have been talking about Axar’s batting abilities but I don’t think Ashwin or Sundar are much inferior than him that department. And an off spinner could offer much needed variety in case of a big game played on a rank turner and team deciding to go with three spinners. What’s more is that these off spinners can even bowl with the new ball.
Secondly I would pick a reserve left handed opener in place of SKY. There are already plenty of options for middle order but who is the reserve opener? I know Kishan can open but it’s not really good to tinker the batting position of a youngster like him everyday. And SKY is hardly gonna play any game in the presence of Iyer & Rahul. Jaiswal or Dhawan should had been picked in that place.
Anyways, team is still quite good and I wish all the best to our team for WC. If you win it, everything else will be forgotten.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks