Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2014, 20:45   #421
BHPian

Re: Nationwide UID - will it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Someone I know told me that he paid 1265 and got a refund of 832.9.

In addition he got a one time subsidy advance of 435 that must be returned to iocl while surrendering the connection. Not very sure what this is about, but that's what I was told.

You probably need to wait for the 832.9 refund.
Oh is it. I too have received the refund of 435. I thought that is all what I will be getting per cylinder. Lets wait and see if 800+ gets refunded or not.

Regards,
Old 21st January 2014, 23:03   #422
Senior - BHPian

I finally received mine, and my son his. My dad, mom, aunt and wife are yet to get theirs. Damn thing looks like a movie ticket.

I am getting sms from my gas company to furnish my aadhaar card no. and bank a/c for direct credit of subsidy. Is this a must? I think the courts ruled otherwise.
Old 22nd January 2014, 08:18   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am getting sms from my gas company to furnish my aadhaar card no. and bank a/c for direct credit of subsidy. Is this a must? I think the courts ruled otherwise.
You don't need the card itself. You can check the status online using the acknowledgement slip and provide the printout of Aadhaar number to gas agency and bank.

It is left to the state govt to handle the bank account linking. Many states have approved Aadhaar now for the purpose.
Old 22nd January 2014, 09:28   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Has anyone availed this LPG subsidy. I just got my first LPG refill after linking my Aadhar card number. I had to pay Rs 1265 for the refill.
Mohit,

Recd 833 into my S/B account linked to aadhar. And another 435 to be returned at time of surrender.

Pls wait for approx 10 days after delivery of cylinder to receive 833 into your account.

One minor thing I have noticed is that in the delivery bill, it is mentioned that an amount of 842 will be credited to savings account, but recd only 833. Not that it matters much, but still there exists a difference [ 842 - 833 ].

Now multiply this difference with millions of cylinders, and you can make a cool sum
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:46   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
One minor thing I have noticed is that in the delivery bill, it is mentioned that an amount of 842 will be credited to savings account, but recd only 833. Not that it matters much, but still there exists a difference [ 842 - 833 ].
That must be the VAT difference that nobody seem to care much about.

One thing to remember - at the end of the year when you file your IT returns, the subsidy amount has to be included as income and you probably need to pay tax on it. If you are in the highest tax bracket, that is 30.9% of 833 = Rs. 257.
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:28   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
One thing to remember - at the end of the year when you file your IT returns, the subsidy amount has to be included as income and you probably need to pay tax on it. If you are in the highest tax bracket, that is 30.9% of 833 = Rs. 257.
LOL, I was just reading about this here:
http://articles.economictimes.indiat...taxable-income

So the govt officials get yet another teeth to harass the common man.

Also what is this contradictory news item: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29172831.cms ? (you can avail subsidy, even if you don't have aadhaar card)
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:32   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
That must be the VAT difference that nobody seem to care much about.

Thanks a ton for the clarification.

Never knew that we need to pay tax on the subsidy amount. Do we have any notification on the same.

Wouldn't it be 9 cylinders * 833 * 30.9 % ?
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:36   #428
BHPian

Today's TOI mentions that from second cylinder onwards, one needs to pay 1265 but the subsidy will be credited at one go. Does anyone have clarification what is "one go"? Will the subsidy amount be credited at the end of the year based on usage? What stops the Govt. from crediting the subsidy after each cylinder is delivered?
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:41   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Never knew that we need to pay tax on the subsidy amount. Do we have any notification on the same.
Please check my post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3318239
or here
http://articles.economictimes.indiat...taxable-income
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:20   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Also what is this contradictory news item: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29172831.cms ? (you can avail subsidy, even if you don't have aadhaar card)
This is correct. Supreme Court has told them not to make Aadhar mandatory for subsidy until it disposes of some cases. I still get cylinders at the subsidized rates.
Old 22nd January 2014, 16:39   #431
BHPian

Cylinder delivered to me yesterday was charged 1300 odd. I havent taken Aadhar yet
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:56   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Cylinder delivered to me yesterday was charged 1300 odd. I havent taken Aadhar yet
I think you need to shake and rattle the dealer as well as the marketing department of whichever oil company you take the cylinder from.
Send email to the concerned authorities and write to your newspaper.

Take a look at this: http://www.moneylife.in/article/aadh...rt2/36072.html

Supreme court has yet not passed any order/decision reversing their earlier stance on non compulsion of aadhaar card.
How dare the IOCLs / BPCLs / HPCLs pass a compulsion order?

Also what a stupid waste this whole exercise is! When ultimately the co. is going to credit the subsidy amount.
(Not to mention, like an idiot you will have to declare this in your IT returns and pay additional 50-100 Rs as tax, annually)

Last edited by alpha1 : 22nd January 2014 at 18:58.
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:26   #433
Team-BHP Support

I was given a two week delivery time for my refill booked on 11 Jan. Also, the distributor says I will be charged the full un-subsidized rate if I refuse to link my Aadhaar number to my LPG consumer and Bank accounts.

These guys know full well that they're acting in contravention of SC directives, but they don't care. Though I wasn't personally told so, there were enough harassed people at the distributor's office who were being told (explicitly or implied) that they can take a refill on distributor's terms or take a hike.

There are also veiled threats of connection suspension if the user complains to the parent OMC, all comfortably deniable later of course, because nothing will ever be put on paper.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:40   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't it be 9 cylinders * 833 * 30.9 % ?
That's right. I didn't put the factor of 9 there because it depends on actual consumption. We average a cylinder every 5-6 weeks, which I guess is slightly above average.
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:55   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There are also veiled threats of connection suspension if the user complains to the parent OMC, all comfortably deniable later of course, because nothing will ever be put on paper.
Chetan,

Make it a note in PGPORTAL. It will work wonders. Trust it well.

All personnel from Ministry to OMC officials will call you on this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks