Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 16:53   #106
BHPian

Re: Nationwide UID - will it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
Which centre in Bangalore is this ?
I have seen very long queues in Bomannahalli and Koramangala centres.
The reason you see the queue is cause of people who don't take an appointment and thus end up having to wait and see if they get lucky.

The one I went to was at Karvy in Indiranagar (Sri Krishna Temple Road), and they work on appointment basis... so long as you have an appointment you dont need to stand in any queue.
Old 12th March 2013, 17:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
The reason you see the queue is cause of people who don't take an appointment and thus end up having to wait and see if they get lucky.

The one I went to was at Karvy in Indiranagar (Sri Krishna Temple Road), and they work on appointment basis... so long as you have an appointment you dont need to stand in any queue.
Do they have link to take online appointment? Can you post it here?

I have been there and they issue the token from morning 9 or 9:30am. But the queue is as usual waits from much early.

Add to that they give only 200 tokens per day, and its not on all days.
Old 12th March 2013, 18:37   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

Do they have link to take online appointment? Can you post it here?

I have been there and they issue the token from morning 9 or 9:30am. But the queue is as usual waits from much early.

Add to that they give only 200 tokens per day, and its not on all days.
No online option unfortunately.

I picked it up at 830 from the security guard. no waiting. maybe I got lucky
Old 12th March 2013, 18:40   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No online option unfortunately.

I picked it up at 830 from the security guard. no waiting. maybe I got lucky
I bet. I have been there 2 days - weekdays, and finally gave up.

I went here after several days of try in HAL post office. Unfortunately, they were giving only 40 tokens per day.

Just curious, when was this?
Old 12th March 2013, 19:03   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

I bet. I have been there 2 days - weekdays, and finally gave up.

I went here after several days of try in HAL post office. Unfortunately, they were giving only 40 tokens per day.

Just curious, when was this?
Wow. Didnt know its gotten so difficult now.

That was in Mid jan. got the card last weekend.
Old 12th March 2013, 19:27   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Did you check the status online? Use the details on the acknowledgement slip that you received and check status. There is also a link on the UID website which allows you to download a pdf of Aadhaar card.
Requoting my post on 8th december.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Had done that, this was the response "We expect your enrollment details to be uploaded to the data center shortly. Please note this can take up to 30 days from the date of enrollment" .

Tried calling them, phones always engaged.

Mailed them. Got a reply after 6 MONTHS which said "We have checked the status of the Enrolment ID furnished by you and regret to inform you that your enrolment status was Not Found on our system. For us to further register a complaint to investigate this, we would request you to please send us the following details available on your enrollment slip.

Registrar Name -
Enrollment Agency Name"

This info was also mailed in May 2012. No reply till now.

Edit : just saw your previous posts. I too shall consider complaining at the pgportal.
Quote:
For all the slating the UID program is getting, one thing that I can vouch for is the sheer efficiency of the application process!

I went in at 9.25 for my 9.30am appointment. Was out with the acknowledgement at 9.35am, as simple as that.

I loved the fact that it was a no fuss approach, that I could see what the data operator was entering in the system and correct his mistakes if any (spelling, address etc), and most of all, how (Believe it or not!) professional the entire experience was!

Irrespective of whether we need the program or not, if the government were able to replicate the same level of professionalism and efficiency in other programs from passports to pan cards, life would be so much more easier!
With Nandan Nilekani as the poster boy, I too thought so. I was happy with the data collection program too. It was one of those camps conducted at a local school in June 2011.
And then came the shocker. It is March 2013 and me and my family is still waiting for the "number". Literally "Mera number kab aayega!!" Some efficiency this!
I have tried all levels of enquiry- calling them, mailing them, filing a complaint at the DARPG portal,even a mail to Mr Nilekani- but nothing, no response.
This is my biggest grouse. I pay tax religiously or rather forced to, with TDS. Cant these duffers at least find a seamless process to provide even basic services. Why do we have to run around to get things like UID, PAN card, ration card?
Eversince, the TCS came into passport services, atleast that has become smooth!
Increasingly, I do wish I had left the country when I could have.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 12th March 2013 at 19:53.
Old 12th March 2013, 20:41   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
This is my biggest grouse. I pay tax religiously or rather forced to, with TDS. Cant these duffers at least find a seamless process to provide even basic services. Why do we have to run around to get things like UID, PAN card, ration card?
You are in a small town, so you are destined for bad service.
Old 12th March 2013, 21:30   #113
BHPian

@sgiitk - let us agree to disagree. But the articles were written with proper ground work. They are not written by any Tom, Dick and Harry of mainstream media. Moneylife and Sucheta Dalal are not comparable to mainstream media. If Sucheta has published it on the site, then there is credibility to the story.

The questions have been posed to the people who have been tom toming the so called benefits of UID. If the scheme is really good and the govt has nothing to hide, then why don't they answer the questions.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:11   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
But the articles were written with proper ground work. They are not written by any Tom, Dick and Harry of mainstream media. Moneylife and Sucheta Dalal are not comparable to mainstream media. If Sucheta has published it on the site, then there is credibility to the story.
I have said this before & will say it again. I may not always agree with Sucheta but she is one of the most upright and trustworthy journalists in the country.

About the Moneylife UID articles - I haven't read them & I don't need to. I have read 100s of articles about national IDs - sadly none of them(except the Moneylife ones) have not been written by Indian journalists. I fully believe that National IDs are silly & a waste at best and evil at it's worst and I lean more towards them being evil.

I will donate money to organisations who keep filing cases against Aadhar & put up a lot of obstacles in it's implementation.

Last edited by carboy : 12th March 2013 at 22:14.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:13   #115
BHPian

Enrolled myself and family on Saturday @ a UID camp in the society. Enrollment process took me less than 10 minutes and was pretty smooth. I only submitted my passport as POI and POA.
The contractor mentioned that his work was only to enrol the candidate. He was not sure as to when the card would be delivered.

I was expecting some mention of the PAN on the UID form assuming that this would help to link up the two databases, but did not find the same. I wonder why they have skipped that.
Old 23rd March 2013, 13:06   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You are in a small town, so you are destined for bad service.
It is not any different in Bangalore. Today, had been to the Post Office for the form. The queue was so long, came back. They have restricted 75 forms per day. And the queue is just for submission of the application, and at the end of it you just get a date for the scan. The folks who submitted today, have been provided dates in May for the scan. It is good 2 months from now.

Could they have not provided an option, something like you pay a premium fee and you could get your number in say, 2 weeks!
Old 23rd March 2013, 14:13   #117
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got our aadhar enrollment done last week. But it wasn't as easy as I'd expected.

Downloaded the enrollment form from the UIDAI website and filled it.
All of us had passports so that served as the proof for identity, address, date of birth and residence !
Note that you need to carry the original documents for the above 4 (we took the passports).

We carried the filled out forms along with the proof documents to the centre for verification. Now, we were told there is an additional Karnataka Aadhar enrollment form that also needs to be filled (this is for the state government welfare schemes so they can identify the people who are eligible). This also asks for LPG connection details in your name. Since I have a LPG connection in my name I was also asked to get the latest bill along when we went for enrollment. After verifying the documents, the authorised signatory signed the forms and asked us to come back after a week since there were large crowds and we preferred a Saturday.

Saturday morning, I was there at the centre by 7am and there were already about 20-30 people waiting in a line. On enquiring with them, I found that all of them had their forms verified earlier and were in line for tokens for the day (usually about 100 tokens are issued every day). All was well till 9am when the gate was opened and all hell broke loose. Some people who were way back in the line went up to the gate and came back saying the line is only for people who want to get documents verified, for tokens you just need to go inside the campus. Suddenly everyone rushed towards the gate and there was a guy scribbling some (seemed random to me) token numbers. I saw that people who had come there much later than me already had token numbers! After being jostled around I managed to reach the person and told him that I was there before most others so he was kind enough to give us tokens 47, 48, 49. I went home and returned to the centre by 2.30pm to find token # 35 was the last person inside the centre waiting for enrollment. Our turn finally came around 5.30pm and it took a good 20 minutes. Finally done with the ordeal!!!

Since there are prescribed quality levels for fingerprints, iris scan and photograph, it may require at least 2-3 attempts each to get it right so it will take not less than 10 minutes per person on the very optimistic side. IMHO, not more than 60 enrollments can be done in a day.

**The Karnataka additional form for aadhar is available on some website, I think it's dharwad.com, not sure. Luckily, there was a nearby internet cafe near the enrollment centre who was selling these for Rs.2 per form so I got it from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It is not any different in Bangalore. Today, had been to the Post Office for the form. The queue was so long, came back. They have restricted 75 forms per day. And the queue is just for submission of the application, and at the end of it you just get a date for the scan.
Get the form from the UIDAI website (Link)

Last edited by NPV : 23rd March 2013 at 14:25. Reason: adding link for enrollment form
Old 23rd March 2013, 14:57   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Finally got our aadhar enrollment done last week. But it wasn't as easy as I'd expected.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Quote:
After verifying the documents, the authorised signatory signed the forms and asked us to come back after a week since there were large crowds and we preferred a Saturday.
You mean to say, from application to scan, all done within a week!

Quote:
Get the form from the UIDAI website (Link)
Today, i got the form from the PO. But didn't submit the same, as it was very crowded.
Old 25th March 2013, 18:16   #119
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
I was expecting some mention of the PAN on the UID form assuming that this would help to link up the two databases, but did not find the same. I wonder why they have skipped that.
I think this linking of PAN/Passport/other Id to UID does happen in the back end, though you don't fill it in the form per se.

Specifically, the PAN card is accepted as a POI document, so if you use that when enrolling, they scan the original PAN card that you carry along.
After authentication, when your UID is issued, they will link it against the PAN that you submitted as POI. Similar case with Passport as well.

However, all this link information may just be in the UID database alone and not in the PAN database which I think is not a big deal as the link has been established in one place.
Old 26th March 2013, 10:25   #120
BHPian

@ NPV,

Can you kindly let us know which centre opens at 7 AM ?

Thanks for the writeup on the timelines
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks