Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2017, 19:16   #2701
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I always redeem these points at this (https://goo.gl/maps/7khWhmQqHup) IOCL bunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Not your preferred location. But if by chance you happen to pass through Bannerghata road, then this place does redeem the points https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...3!4d77.6013688
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Thanks a lot all!! I found a bunk which accepts Citibank IOCL card.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...64!4d77.746625

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Which is the best card for fuel? I fill diesel only from Shell since I'm wary about fuel quality elsewhere sine my drive's engine is strict about it.
I own ICICI bank coral and Citi bank rewards credit card.
I also have a Shell cash card for points but then I find it difficult every time to do a two transactions (top up shell card with credit card, swipe shell card for fuel)
Appreciate if some one can provide any other better way to do this.
Cheers!
For fuel, i see that Citibank's IOC credit card is the best. We can redeem the points earned instantly for fuel. I also get .75% cashback and no fuel surcharge. Check out its features in citi website.
Old 25th November 2017, 19:40   #2702
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Which is the best card for fuel? I fill diesel only from Shell since I'm wary about fuel quality elsewhere sine my drive's engine is strict about it.
I own ICICI bank coral and Citi bank rewards credit card.
I also have a Shell cash card for points but then I find it difficult every time to do a two transactions (top up shell card with credit card, swipe shell card for fuel)
Appreciate if some one can provide any other better way to do this.
Cheers!
Try the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium card. It offers good value.
Old 11th January 2018, 11:52   #2703
BHPian

Wanted to share the pathetic experience of owning an SBI Prime Credit Card. It's not even been a month but it has been nothing short of a nightmare.

Here's the long story short:

-While signing my HL Document in RACPC, I made the mistake of applying for a Prime Credit Card. I received the Visa Variant Card inspite of multiple reminders to issue the MasterCard Variant.

- Next comedy is that I got a Credit Limit of 10,000 /- for a Prime Card with annual fee of 3000. How do they expect me to achieve a spend of 3L to get the fee waiver or 5L to get the milestone benefit voucher. I have been chasing the customer care and also escalated to Nodal Office to review my Credit Limit and increase it a bit. But all I get is the same tape-recorded line that they will review the Credit Limit after 6 Months.

- Suddenly, a couple of days ago I get a call from SBI Card Customer Care and a Lady talking in a very rude tone stating that they issued my Prime Card by mistake and I am not eligible for this card and they are downgrading it to a SimpleSave Card. When I object and asked for a justification, I was told they do not have any justification to give and they have just been told to downgrade it.

In my experience so far, SBI has been the most incompetent and unprofessional. Dealing with their Customer Care and Nodal Escalation is like breaking your head against the Wall. They are serving the customers and treating customers like shit. I have wasted my money and my precious time calling and e-mailing SBI everyday, which is just not worth it.

They should change their tagline from SBI Card...Make Life Simple to SBICard...Make Life HELL.

Just today, I got a message that my new downgraded card is out for delivery.
For obvious reasons, I am not going to accept it and have called their Customer Care to close out my cards. Will be very happy to be out of the misery called SBICard.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2018 at 09:01. Reason: Excessive CAPS
Old 11th January 2018, 14:50   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I have wasted my Money and my precious Time calling and e-mailing SBI everyday, which is just not worth it.
Don't really understand why you bother. If the card is not what you wanted, just cancel it and move on with your life. No benefit is worth having to spend time with call center operators.
Old 11th January 2018, 19:54   #2705
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, can we get a prepaid card to use on international sites just like usual credit cards?

My credit card is due for renewal and I don't really use it much except when buying online. So, if there is a product where I can generate a temporary card, load up the funds from Net Banking/Wallets and use it like a CC, I will not bother with the renewal.
Old 11th January 2018, 20:40   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Guys, can we get a prepaid card to use on international sites just like usual credit cards?
If you don't want a physical card you can use virtual cards available at HDFC, ICICI or SBI internet banking. I use the same when I am not sure of the creditability of the site. Funds can be loaded to these cards and it is valid for 1/multiple use depending on the bank.
Old 12th January 2018, 09:25   #2707
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For obvious reasons, I am not going to accept it and have called their Customer Care to close out my cards. Will be very happy to be out of the misery called SBICard.
Well done . If someone doesn't want our business, we should gladly take it away from them.
Old 12th January 2018, 10:27   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to share the pathetic experience of owning an SBI Prime Credit Card.... Will be very happy to be out of the misery called SBICard.
Looks like I dodged a bullet here.
I had applied for the SBI Prime Credit card a few weeks back for the lounge access it offers. I went through all the documentation submission and verification procedures. Everything was hunky dory and the customer care representative said the card was approved and I can expect the card to arrive within 10 working days. I waited for the said 10 days with no sign of the card. When I called them up for the status, they said the card was now denied and did not know the reason why. It was a surprise as my credit history is good and my CIBIL score is over 810. The least they could have done was update me on the status of the same.
Old 12th January 2018, 13:21   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They should change their tagline from SBI Card...Make Life Simple to SBICard...Make Life HELL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If someone doesn't want our business, we should gladly take it away from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Looks like I dodged a bullet here.
Not sure whether the nomenclature of the card makes any difference in the customer-treatment protocol. Very recently, a colleague applied for and got his SimplyCLICK SBI Card without much difficulty. His credit limit is almost equal to his gross monthly salary. Needless to say, he is happy with the card as well as the service. Whether he being a Government employee has anything to do with it? I am not sure.

He had applied for the card here.

Four of us (excluding the said colleague) have been using SBI credit cards since 2013. Except for the hassle of navigating the circuitous IVRS menu to reach their executives, and being unable to get through to their Toll Free number ever (the paid number connects instantly ), we have had decent experience. Just a few weeks ago, when the AADHAR linking drama was going on, the process was smooth and swift too.

Are we plain lucky? No idea.

Disclaimer: I am an interested party here because of my association with SBI Card. However, I have tried to be dispassionate in my views.
Old 12th January 2018, 13:50   #2710
BHPian

I'm a SBI card holder since 2007. It was my first card.Today I hold several cards and SBI card has the max limit for me. I never faced any problem with the card that can not be solved over a phone or their website. Recently converted the Visa Platinum card to SimplyClick by simply applying for conversion through the website.
Old 12th January 2018, 14:00   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Recently converted the Visa Platinum card to SimplyClick by simply applying for conversion through the website.
Why did you opt for the conversion? Any specific advantages of SimplyCLICK card over the Visa Platinum one?
Old 12th January 2018, 14:04   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Why did you opt for the conversion? Any specific advantages of SimplyCLICK card over the Visa Platinum one?
I use it mainly on Amazon where it has its benefits.
Old 12th January 2018, 14:56   #2713
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
If you don't want a physical card you can use virtual cards available at HDFC, ICICI or SBI internet banking. I use the same when I am not sure of the creditability of the site. Funds can be loaded to these cards and it is valid for 1/multiple use depending on the bank.
Thanks for the info. Wasn't aware of this.
Recently had a tough time placing an order for a watch on an International site through my SBI debit card. SBI deactivated International Usage/Ecommerce site usage without informing me to avoid phishing attacks. I'm always vary of using my debit cards whenever i'm not sure of credibility of the site!
Old 13th January 2018, 11:23   #2714
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up. I have been trying to get the SBI Prime Card because that is the only card available against a FD that has international lounge access.

I made a wild career switch and I am back to school , so getting a normal card is ruled out. I never bothered to get a card in my two years at work , I didn't see any need and I hate monthly recurring bills.

I have a few foreign travels lined up and renting a car without a credit card seems impossible. Hence the search for a secured one. Most secured cards seem to be of the basic variety without any benefits.

The person at SBI was pushing for a normal prime card despite me registering for the Prime Advantage which is the secured version of the card.

Getting through to speak with a real person in SBI cards also seems impossible.
Old 29th January 2018, 09:00   #2715
BHPian

Hello, can anyone confirm whether the SC Super Value Titanium Card covers Shell Pumps for the 5% Cashback?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks