Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 13:45   #3421
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Is cashback applicable to all online purchases or just Amazon? I thought 5% cashback was valid for Amazon purchases.
Yes it is.

Quoting their website :
  • Earn 5% back on Amazon.in for Amazon Prime customers*
  • Earn 3% back on Amazon.in for non-prime customers*
  • Earn 2% back on 100+ Amazon Pay partner merchants using this card on Amazon Pay as payment method*
  • Earn 1% back on all other payments*
  • *Earnings will be in the form of Amazon Pay balance.
Old 30th January 2020, 17:15   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Lesser Pain, Lesser Gain.

HDFC gives 33.3% returns on two of the Super Premium Credit Cards. They are sure to make life difficult when it comes to redeeming them.

Having used all three (Citi, Amex & HDFC), I can definitely say that Citi and Amex are not going to come to the level of HDFC in terms of reward rate and HDFC is not going to come to the level of Amex / Citi on ease of redemption.
What should I do to get my Platinum HDFC card converted to their Premium cards? I have been holding their card for more than 15 years and over the years they kept on increasing credit limit and currently has 10L+ credit limit. But they never upgraded my card. I recently called their customer service to enquire about upgrade options but they said I am not eligible for any other better cards.
I have not been actively using the card for many years since the reward rate is negligible. I use it only when there are cash back offers on Amazon/Flipkart etc. Also I do not have any savings account with HDFC. Would opening savings account help?
Old 30th January 2020, 22:31   #3423
BHPian

I am holding HDFC Regalia First. But I do not have any other account with them like Savings or so. Do they have any App for credit card customers like all other banks?
Old 30th January 2020, 22:41   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I am holding HDFC Regalia First. But I do not have any other account with them like Savings or so. Do they have any App for credit card customers like all other banks?
Sad thing about Regalia First credit card is that there is no app available and one has to sign in using his credentials on the web browser to view outstanding / statements and the like

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 31st January 2020, 13:06   #3425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
What should I do to get my Platinum HDFC card converted to their Premium cards? I have been holding their card for more than 15 years and over the years they kept on increasing credit limit and currently has 10L+ credit limit. But they never upgraded my card. I recently called their customer service to enquire about upgrade options but they said I am not eligible for any other better cards.
I have not been actively using the card for many years since the reward rate is negligible. I use it only when there are cash back offers on Amazon/Flipkart etc. Also I do not have any savings account with HDFC. Would opening savings account help?
Here is the link for the Credit Card Upgrade Form Request:

https://v1.hdfcbank.com/assets/pdf/u...redit_card.pdf

Fill this up, attach necessary documentary proof and send it across to their Chennai Back-Office address as below:

HDFC Bank Cards Division
PO Box # 8654
Thiruvanmiyur PO
Chennai 600041

If you have a bank account with them, you could try to make a request for DCB or Infinia. If you dont have a bank account with them, then most likely you will have to be content with Regalia.
Old 1st February 2020, 21:56   #3426
BHPian

How to redeem points accrued on Citi Indian Oil Platinum card for free fuel? I am not receiving any SMS for points redemption after refueling at IO petrol pumps as suggested by communication from Citi Bank..
Old 2nd February 2020, 16:42   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Sad thing about Regalia First credit card is that there is no app available and one has to sign in using his credentials on the web browser to view outstanding / statements and the like

Cheers,
Vijay
You can use the hdfc standard app to login and see recent transactions etc.
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:00   #3428
BHPian

I have an ICICI Credit card since 14 years. Long back I had some 46K credit limit when I was starting job and then somewhere I got it increased to 80K. Don't remember how I did that.
But now when I asked them again for an increase in limit, they told they cannot do as I don't have "offer" for my credit card. I asked them how to get the offer and they told it comes in SMS usually and when I told them I never got any SMS in last 14 years, they told I will get it now (but they didn't do anything in my account for me to get those messages in future).

They did tell me that I can upgrade to coral card and I "may" get credit limit enhanced then. But I don't want to do that.

How can I get the credit card limit enhanced?

Last edited by raksrules : 3rd February 2020 at 09:02.
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:17   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

ICICI is very stingy when it comes to credit limit.

My father had a platinum card with a credit limit of 75,000 for 10 years, it was never increased even after it being used fully and amount being paid within due date.

I have a coral with a credit limit of 60,000 which I used to max out and pay the dues within the payment date almost every month, but they never increased the credit limit.

I have now moved to HDFC wherein I have a credit limit of 2,50,000 in my Regalia and 8,00,000 on my dad's Infinia. I even have a Kotak Royale who continuously study the spending cycle and offer to increase the credit limit.

Gist of the story ICICI is not interested in Credit card business in India. The offers on their credit cards are also Paltry as compared to HDFC and SBI.
Old 3rd February 2020, 13:13   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How to redeem points accrued on Citi Indian Oil Platinum card for free fuel? I am not receiving any SMS for points redemption after refueling at IO petrol pumps as suggested by communication from Citi Bank..
Citibank allows redemption of points for cash why not do it.
Old 3rd February 2020, 13:24   #3431
BANNED

Quote:
Before fueling at IOL bunk, inform the attendant your wish to redeem points. They usually have a option in CITI issued card machines to charge against your points instead of your card.
Please note, not all IOL bunks can redeem your points, kindly check CITI bank website for approved list of bunks for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
You will get more value for your points in redeeming at IOL bunk as it is 1 point = 1 rupee of fuel. If not fuel, then I agree, converting points to cash is next best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Why bother? Cancel the card and get a new one. Normally, one can get a card with higher credit limit from the bank where his/her salary gets deposited (I assume you are salaried). Also, in case of your salary bank, you can also bargain for a deal to get some nice paid card for free.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 3rd February 2020 at 13:28.
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:53   #3432
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Whats the feedback on Kotak Privy League Visa Signature Credit Card- Got a call saying there is no min spending limit, 4 movie tickets every quarter, airport lounge access and no annual fee as well.

Kotak website has *Terms and Conditions on these but Kotak CC calling me says no conditions apply for me as I m the "CHOSEN" one.
Old 3rd February 2020, 20:08   #3433
BHPian

Is HDFC cashback automatic?

Hi guys,

I'd made a few purchases from Flipkart in Oct 2019 through my HDFC debit card. I was supposed to get 10% cashback by 31-01-2020, but haven't! Does it usually happen automatically, or HDFC bank counts on some people forgetting about it in 3-4 months time? Does one need to remind them to get the cashback? Frankly, I don't understand such a long delay. How is it a "promotion" and not an annoyance?
Old 3rd February 2020, 20:30   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Getting fuel is equivalent to cash in my opinion. Moreover, fuel is redeemed for much more than cash (I think 4 times) for this particular card only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Before fueling at IOL bunk, inform the attendant your wish to redeem points.
I am aware of it but thought this old system will not be in place after they have introduced new system of redemption by SMS from January. But I didn't cross check it. I will try it in couple of days.
Old 3rd February 2020, 20:37   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
ICICI is very stingy when it comes to credit limit.

I have a coral with a credit limit of 60,000 which I used to max out and pay the dues within the payment date almost every month, but they never increased the credit limit.
My experience is a bit different with ICICI. I have ICICI credit card for 15 years I think and limit is 64K. They are sending me mailers to increase limit to 1.5 lakh for many years but I am not interested. I feel it is a burden in case of theft or loss as it isn't mush required for me.

OT: Sorry for back to back posts. I didn't realize it before posting.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 3rd February 2020 at 20:49.

Most Viewed