Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 17:08   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation

dreamcater, I guess you couldn't make it ?

Here is my take on the wash and wax at carnation

I reached carnation at 9.30.
3 Other cars had come before me so I had to wait. I walked into the reception area where I was greeted and asked what I wanted done. Told them about the snap deal offer and a service advisor was assigned to me.

The S.A did a check of my car and asked me if I wanted anything else done. I showed him a small dent and scratch and asked if this can also be fixed (Obviously this I will have to pay for). He shakes his head and says "Sir it will take 2 days"

Right moving on, by 10.00AM the 25 point inspection was done. A waste of time if you ask me. Nothing useful done here and nothing new reported. The cars wipers needed replacement.
I would recommend you skip this and go directly for the wash.

Now begins a long wait for the car wash! They have only 2 wash bays but manage to squeeze and wash 4 cars at a time.
Only 2 boys here and they have to manage 4 cars.

I was waiting in the customer lounge and trolling around carnation. After 2 hours I come back see my hasn't moved at all
I see 2 other cars that came after me being washed. I keep my cool and stay with my car. Finally at 1.pm my car goes into the wash bay.
They start removing the mats and slowly start cleaning.

Finally they start to wash my car. They were very hesitant to put the car on the ramp and clean the underbody. I insisted on this and told my SA that this is supposed to be a full wash. They finally agree and lift the car and clean the underbody.
After this the car is moved to another bay where some boys start wiping the car and start to polish the tyres and bumper car.
This is the part I dreaded the most!
The boys doing this are lazy and just want the car to leave the bay quickly as possible. To polish the tyres and bumpers, one of them takes a bottle of polish makes a tiny hole at the top and uses pressurised air to blow the polish on the tyres and bumpers! Too much polish and on the bumper and tyres, making the polish drip everywhere.
One of the boys came up to me and asked me if they should polish the body or if this was enough ? I smile and ask him to polish the body.
The Body polish/wax was an OK job.

I never saw or heard from my SA after the morning interaction and once when I asked him about the underbody wash of the car.
Got my booklet from the counter.
After reaching home I saw several spots where the polish wasn't wiped off properly.

End result- 2.00PM I finally get to leave this horrid place. Reach home by 3 very tired and hungry.

Very Average job on the exterior cleaning. Lot of places had dirt and polish marks everywhere. Boot mats were dripping with water. Had to remove it and dry them properly.
Front carpets weren't cleaned properly. Cars floor mats still had lot of mud, very poor vacuuming job.
I never saw my SA during delivery. One of the wash boys handed the car back to me.
Definitely not worth going there. 45KM traveled up and down and half a day wasted.
My local garage does a far superior job at Rs300.

What I saw at carnation, very well equipped service bays, good equipment. Good reception and waiting area.
Over all very disappointing service by carnation! I wouldn't trust these clowns to any major repairs.

The CRM whom I wont name is also a team-bhp reader and had team-bhp sticker on his car. Nice meeting him. He was the only sensible person at carnation! But there isn't much he can do when it comes to major service and repairs.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th January 2011 at 21:47. Reason: as requested
Old 10th January 2011, 17:32   #152
BHPian

Sent an email to snapdeal earlier this afternoon to cancel this deal, with in five minutes I got a confirmation call saying that the deal is cancelled and amount would be refunded back, no questions/reasons asked.
Old 11th January 2011, 19:36   #153
BHPian

This deal seems better?

Koovs - Rs. 150 for Complete Car wash services with Foam Wash, Under Carriage Cleaning, Vaccuming and Dressing of all exterior panels from Car Spa. This 63% off deal is valid for Total Mall Airport Road, Forum Value Mall Whitefield and Total Mall Sar
Old 13th January 2011, 11:19   #154
BHPian

For Chennai folks
New Carwash and vaccum deal by Thejas Auto Spa ( T.S Mahalingam group)
@ 79

Daily Best Deals on Restaurants, Pubs, Spas, Gyms etc in Chennai - SnapDeal.com
Old 13th January 2011, 12:34   #155
Senior - BHPian

*For Mumbai folks*

*For Mumbai folks*

Pay Rs 220 for Car Wash, Polishing, 29 Point Vehicle Checkup & PUC Certification (6 months) worth Rs 1600 at Auto Plus

Daily Best Deals on Restaurants, Pubs, Spas, Gyms etc in Mumbai Eastern Suburbs - SnapDeal.com
Old 14th January 2011, 21:53   #156
BHPian

Well.
May be out of lazyness, I did not get a chance to visit Carnation for the 99 rupees Snapdeal service. After reading the horrible review in the post I had second thoughts even pondered about canceling.
Anyways the BG Road is around 4 kms from my house. Finally I booked a slot on 2nd January and reached there around 12PM. The SA did a basic check up and I waited for an hour. I almost slept in the lobby due to the late night movie marathon the previous night. After an hour the SA told me to leave it and collect it on the next day as they close early on Sundays. I told them, I prefer coming sometime later and left around 1.30.
I was there at 9AM on 8th and I reached there. The SA immediately took my car to washing bay after some form fill up. It was the second car in the queue. I had a good breakfast in the morning so thought of standing and watching.
I should say I was impressed!! Looks like Carnation guys are listening!! First a good wash including wheel caps and under chassis followed by a carpet vacuuming.
After the cleaning they did a 25 point checkup. The workshop manager, a well built guy came for one round of inspection, asked to tighten some bolts and gave me some advice on safe driving. My parking space is like 60 degree sloppy road to hell.
Then the washing supervisor came who I felt was showing more generosity and polished my car. He did a neat job. Finally the SA came gave the gold cheque and some lucky draw chocolates. I left at 11.30 after a generous tip to the washing guy.
I have a year and half old Maruti Ritz. I would rate the service as very good(****/*****). Very much worth spending 3 hours and 99 bucks.
Cheers,
A
Old 19th January 2011, 11:06   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Jagdish Khattar is bending way below than he should to perk up his business

I got a text message that they will carry out a health check, car wash and polish all for a grand sum of Rs.50

That's like a 50% discount on Snapdeal
Old 28th January 2011, 21:45   #158
BHPian

My experience a month back was horrible!
Since I was driving down to Bangalore the next day, I thought I'd get the general check up,washing and polishing done.
Reached the Sanath Nagar branch at around 3pm and I must say it gave a good first impression. The place seemed new, the workshop was clean, a nice modern front office and they seemed to have a lot of equipment for the cars.

An S.A who was standing near the gate came up to me as soon as I reached, and I told him that I was there for the Snap Deal offer. After the normal form filling etc, he took my car for a small test drive, did a quick check up and said my coolant had to be changed along with the wipers. I was a bit surprised about the coolant, as I had topped it off at Shell recently. Anyway he said that since I had topped it off and not drained it completely and put new coolant, the coolant was not at its correct composition or something like that. It seemed fine to me but I didn't want to take a chance, so I agreed.
I also told him to polish the interior plastics and he said they'd do it for 500 rupees. Said he'd put Bosch wipers and Castrol coolant. I signed the form and he said it would take three hours.

Went and sat in the customer lounge and watched an episode of Friends for half an hour. After that I went to check up on the work done and I see my car in the same position as I had left it!
Got hold of the S.A and he immediately instructed someone to start the work. They started with the vacuuming and I went back inside.
Also I met another Bhpian who helped me pass the time!
After an hour I went back to see the progress, and I see two empty bottles of some coolant without any brand or anything else written on the bottle, lying next to by car! I inquired with the mechanic nearby, and he says its a coolant called 'Golden Cruser'. And that scared me!
I've been using only well known brands on my car, and I had never heard of Golden Cruser. On top of that the bottles had absolutely nothing written on them! Called the S.A and asked him why he didn't put Castrol as he had said earlier, and why he had put this unlabeled,unknown brand of coolant without informing me.
He got a new bottle with all the lables and showed it to me said since they had run outta Castrol, they put this and that I shouldn't worry since it was approved by Maruti. Told him that unless he showed me some documentation saying that it was Maruti approved, I wouldn't pay for it.

In the mean time I called someone at Maruti and he said it was an authorized brand, which made me feel relieved! The S.A also got some documentation later. He also said they would put Syndicate wipers since they did not have Bosch, which I didn't agree to.

By now I was getting quite annoyed as I had been there for three hours and my car hadn't been moved the the wash bay yet. It did finally get there after another half hour.
After the wash they moved it and one of the cleaner asked me if I wanted the polishing to be done. When I said yes, he nodded with a long face. Since they mentioned that the actual value of this deal was 999, I expected them to use a buffer. They did however polish the car by hand.
These boys were LAZY and wanted me to take the car and leave as soon as possible! The polish was not applied on the bumpers, and there were many places where they hadn't wiped the polish off properly.
Even the inside was not done up to my satisfaction. They polished only the dash and left the door panels and rear parcel tray as they were. Not even cleaning it with a cloth! I went and complained to the reception and they sent a different S.A, as the other one had left for the day. He causally told those boys to do it properly and walked off. I had to stand next to the car and instruct them to do it properly. Their constant mumbling and complaining really ticked me off. Finally paid 1200 and left that place. I was there for nearly five hours!

In the end I was VERY unhappy with the work done. They wasted a lot of time, and the work done was very amateurish. The outside polishing was ok and the interior polishing which I paid for was definitely not worth it. The infrastructure over there is really good, but the staff are not motivated at all! When they gave a feedback call, I told them I wouldn't be availing their services again. Also, I got my other voucher refunded from Snap Deal.
My advice to anyone reading this post would be to stay away!
Old 28th January 2011, 22:51   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Sent an email to snapdeal earlier this afternoon to cancel this deal, with in five minutes I got a confirmation call saying that the deal is cancelled and amount would be refunded back, no questions/reasons asked.
Did you get the refund?
Old 29th January 2011, 19:58   #160
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Going by the recent reviews, clearly this was a poorly handled promotion by Carnation. The primary reason behind the deal was to increase footfalls, show car owners their facility and hopefully, have them return for repairs & maintenance work. However, I think carnation ended up with a lot of disgruntled visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
End result- 2.00PM I finally get to leave this horrid place. Reach home by 3 very tired and hungry.
You travelled 45 kms and spent 5.5 hours, when your local garage does a better job for 300 bucks. The real cost to you was your time (and the fuel) which is definitely more valuable than the 201 rupees you saved
Old 29th January 2011, 21:14   #161
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from Carnation today asking why I am not using the coupon bought from Snapdeal. After reading these negative feedback I dont think of of going there.
Old 29th January 2011, 22:27   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going by the recent reviews, clearly this was a poorly handled promotion by Carnation. The primary reason behind the deal was to increase footfalls, show car owners their facility and hopefully, have them return for repairs & maintenance work. However, I think carnation ended up with a lot of disgruntled visitors.
Spot on. This strategy is an absolute flop. Before going for such prmotions, they should have sorted out their issues first. They have exposed their Poor service quality, inefficient staff, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I got a call from Carnation today asking why I am not using the coupon bought from Snapdeal. After reading these negative feedback I dont think of of going there.
I got two calls today - one about the unused coupon and another about the gift-cheque I got when I used the first coupon and asking me whether I would be interested in regular services in Carnation. You know what was my answer!!!
Old 30th January 2011, 12:39   #163
BHPian

I tried to cancel the voucher and got lots of calls from Snapdeal asking for one more chance. Finally I let them have their way and agreed for a rework on the car.

Carnation called and setup an appointment for Sat. They said they would pick the car at 9.30 and drop the car back at 12.30.

Come Saturday - the guy arrived half an hour earlier and took the car. Very cordial and not a thing out of place. When it was 12.30, BAM the guy came back with the car. I went to inspect it and was certainly impressed. He had cleaned the car way better that last time. I had also got the interiors cleaner earlier at CarzSpa, so he had merely improved on it. But the exteriors, interiors, engine bay and glass were all cleaned pucca.

I tried to tip the guy but he didnt seem to want it, but gave it to him anyway.

I'm now perplexed - is this a one time stunt or is it really better.

Anyway, I'm gifting the rest of the coupons to my sister and other driver.
Old 30th January 2011, 13:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

I am totally dissatisfied with the quality of Wash at Caranation Chennai, Guindy.

A local Petrol Pump would have done a better job here. Wheels were dirty, cloth rub marks on every metal panel. I will think twice before i go there again.
Old 30th January 2011, 23:41   #165
BHPian

Got mine done today at BG road. It was pretty good actually, at least for 99/- that i had paid. I wouldn't mind going there again. Overall a decent experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks