Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:12   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going by the recent reviews, clearly this was a poorly handled promotion by Carnation. The primary reason behind the deal was to increase footfalls, show car owners their facility and hopefully, have them return for repairs & maintenance work. However, I think carnation ended up with a lot of disgruntled visitors.

You travelled 45 kms and spent 5.5 hours, when your local garage does a better job for 300 bucks. The real cost to you was your time (and the fuel) which is definitely more valuable than the 201 rupees you saved
GTO, Now we know that but before I went there the print out promised so many things.
Interior and exterior car wash + polishing + waxing and more!
Everything turned out to be a big sham.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:17   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

I have one voucher ( Expires on Feb 28) left which will be used on the Cruze either on Feb 19th or Feb 26th.

I dont expect much as was my expectation when i took the i10 in Dec'10.

Just vaccum cleaning of interiors and a good body wash. That's it!
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:58   #168
Senior - BHPian

Mobile008 - the Gold cheque book that they give you contains a token for 100% off on Polishing (waxing). That translates to the fact that it is free.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:11   #169
BHPian

unfortunately, the road has been dug up around this place for a flyover. By the time you drive out and reach the main road, you are sure to have a coat of dust... I think the promo was intended to get some business while the road work is on.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:37   #170
BHPian

Last Friday, i have sent an email to snapdeal asking them to cancel my two vouchers.
Got a call from carnation monday evening, informing me that they will pickup and drop the car in 2hrs flat from either my home or office.
I told them that this week i will be busy so i will take that offer next week.
15mts later, carnation supervisor called up informing that they will come to my home and do the waterwash stuff.
so fixed appoinment at 10:30a.m on wednesday.
They came promptly in a maruti versa with all the required equipments and did the waterwash,interior vaccuming and waxing stuff for both the cars.
Well what more can i ask for 99rs???
Even though the work is not upto the 999rs they advertised,Still its good enough.
As i went out,i did not get a chance to see how they applied wax.But when i came back,car was looking shiny and they told me they have applied 3M wax.

25pts check up said nothing about the Palio as its serviced recently.
They had asked me to change engine oil and brake oil for Indica.

Now i am even thinking about giving Indica to them for service.
Old 12th February 2011, 14:33   #171
Senior - BHPian

Went to Carnation Chembur to avail my voucher. Came back very impressed Couldn't have asked anything more for Rs.99!!

They did the following jobs:
1. High Pressure Wash
2. Shampoo wash
3. Interior Vacuum cleaning
4. Dashboard & plastics polish.
5. Tyre polish
6. Car Waxing

The waxing job was not upto the mark. They applied little quantity of Motomax wax and the waxing was done in just 5mins. Then they just rubbed plain cotton cloth over it! The swirl marks were all there. So after I came back home, I again wiped the whole car in a circular manner using micro-fibre cloth. It shines much better now.

But carnation management sucks! Even after taking an appointment of 10am, I had to wait for an hour and then they say my car will be ready by evening!! I didn't accept that and spoke to the manager. After that, my car was taken immediately to the washing bay and all the work was completed within an hour.

Some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-245.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-248.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-247.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-imag0073.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-imag0072.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 12th February 2011 at 14:41.
Old 12th February 2011, 23:43   #172
Senior - BHPian

I went there last week, with the horror stories in the back of my mind. So I had this Saturday appointment fixed on the monday last itself. Saturday moring I call up Carnation on Marathali road, and the lady who answered, says that there is no appointment scheduled against my name or vehicle number.

I sort of expected something like this to happen, so anyway asked her to book a slot and she asks me to come over to Marathali.

I then go there, spend almost an hour in the traffic, as two flyovers are coming up there, and finally when I reach Carnation, I see the entire service lane to carnation has been dug up for over half a km from wither side, with our beloved Carnation bang in the middle of it.

I called back, and when a customer rep answered, I asked him is there any rear entrance, and he says that the road is dug up and not to come. Fuming, I asked him as to why the dame in the morning asked me to come all the way here, when she knew the road to her office was dug up.

Does she drive the Grave Digger to work daily!!!

Anyway, he gave me the number of some supervisor and the guy tells me I can come to the one on Banerghatta road, which I then find out is a new center and was just in the lane that goes behind my appartment

Was too frustrated by then, stopped instead at Reliance Autozone and restocked my cleaning box.

Chuck the vouchers and with that experience I have no intention of wasting my time again. All in all, I wasted around 2.5 hours to-fro that day.
Old 14th February 2011, 12:59   #173
Senior - BHPian

Coupon for sale!

I don't know whether this is the right place to post, but I'll take my chance.

I bought the Carnation coupon but it looks like I'm going to be travelling soon and wont be able to utilize it.

If any member wants to purchase it for Rs 99, let me know.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:07   #174
BANNED

I went to Carnation, Marathahalli on Thursday with my Bolero.

The vehicle had collected a lot of dust in the basement parking. But otherwise was clean. Interior needed a good vacuuming though - I have 3 year old active son.

Reached the place at 0945 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I see the entire service lane to carnation has been dug up for over half a km from wither side, with our beloved Carnation bang in the middle of it.

I called back, and when a customer rep answered, I asked him is there any rear entrance, and he says that the road is dug up and not to come.
Hey dreamcatcher, I am not sure why they said there is no way in. You need to enter a small - my Bolero was an exact fit on that lane from the CISCO Business park gate side. You make your way gingerly in through the exit gate of Carnation.

Once I got there, formalities with respect to the snapdeal code were done.

Service adviser noticed my wipers and asked whether I wanted to change them. I said its summer now and the wiper blades will go bad by the time monsoon kicks in.

Before he could go further with the 25 check point list, I interrupted him and mentioned I am here for the wash and polish. He corrects me - waxing only sir.

Ok, please then.

He asks some guys to take the Bolero and wash it. For Rs 99, a full wash + interior vacuuming and wax dabbing was well worth it.

What was not worth it was the 3 hours spend there on a working day.

Points to note:

Positive:
  • Has a professional feel to the place.
  • Staff was courteous.
  • The place was clean and airy.
  • Lots of stuff to look around at - except the horrid looking DC modded cars.
  • The shop floor was clean and good equipment around.
Negative:
  • The staff takes a break quite too often and needless time is spend chit-chatting with each other. They need a strict supervisor. I accept it is a strenuous job but the breaks need to be planned so work keeps moving.
  • Like any other workshop they abuse customer vehicles. One guy almost ran a Civic into the wall.
  • I doubt the knowledge of the Service Advisors with respect to every brand of car available in India. The same guy advises on diesels, petrol's, Maruti and Mercedes. I maybe wrong here though
  • The code they send to the mobile is a customer rating tool. They insist on them knowing it before they make the gate pass. Bad unethical practice. I hated this part. But kept quite as I probably might not go back ever.
Overall satisfied customer for Rs 99.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:01   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Went to Carnation Chembur to avail my voucher. Came back very impressed Couldn't have asked anything more for Rs.99!!
Buddy, if I had known, we could have gone together. I had been to the Chembur place last weekend i.e. 5th Feb.

Following were the +'s and -'s:

+'s:
1. The washing was good (maybe bcos I was standing there all along and getting things done my way).
2. The interior cleaning and waxing was good.
3. Time management: Booked appointment on Wednesday for Saturday. Went there at 10:00 AM and quickly a SA attended to me. Told me that my car would be ready by Noon and it was done on time.

-'s:
1. They were not ready to move the car up the ramp for washing stating that for a Rs 99 deal, they wont do that. Had to give me a piece of my mind and then they moved it up the ramp and washed from below.
2. The waxing was a joke. Just applied some cream and was done in 5 min.
3. They did the 25 point checking but never provided me with the details.

Overall: Not a bad experience. A nice wash and interior treatment for Rs 99 is worth the money for me.

Last edited by f1fan : 14th February 2011 at 15:04.
Old 14th February 2011, 17:45   #176
Senior - BHPian

carnation - a joke by Jagdish Khatar

I visited carnation pune for the wash and 25 point check up.
I never knew i was heading towards a worst place, worst than a roadside mechanic.
i read on the board somewhere, Carnation- An initiative by Jagdish Khattar
But i would reterm it as Carnation - A Joke by Jagdish Khattar.

i thought since Carnation has been established by Jadish Khattar this place will be as good as any maruti service centre which believes in quality.
but i think no learnings from maruti has been carried over.

1. on wednesday i visited this demon place with my alto. i had a prior appointment. i went there to the reception and told them that i have a snap deal voucher and i have got my car as per the appointment. i was asked to sit in the lobby. i waited and waited and waited and then finally revolted. i asked them to send the supervisor immediately. after 10-15 min a supervisor came with a job card. noted down few things here and there.

2. I am attaching the copy of job card - which is very unethical and unacceptable. i gave a peace of mind to the manager and carnation employees there.

a. Your prestigious vehicles will be driven, tested, repaired and stored at your own responsibility - carnations is not responsible for any damages to your car if they take it for test drive or they drop something on your car while under repair.

b. you permit their rowdy employees to use your car anywhere they want, street, highway, for dates, family outings etc at your own risk, cost and responsibility. why now i will also bear the petrol cost.

c. now the Bull #### clause - customer is not entitled for any claim and damages against carnation if they damage your car when in their custody.

d. More fun- here it comes, its not possible to record all dents, scratches damages etc on your car during job card and customer cannot prove that the new scratches or damages are done by carnation.

e. Further if you give your car for painting they will try to match the paint but they dont guarantee that the match will be perfect ...hahaha

3. Ok now to the main story. after lots of revolt finally my car was taken in the service bay and put over the jack. i went and spoke to the mechanic. he was playing with the wheels, rotating them etc. i asked what happened. he said rear wheels are jammed, change wheel cylinders.
meanwhile his colleague mechanics started bugging him to finish off and go for lunch.
Immediately this guy took my car down and parked in washing area.

Then all guys went for lunch and i had no option to wait for 1 hour. officially the lunch is half and hour but no one returned for 1 hour.
Then after bugging the supervisor a lot the washing guys started blowing air inside the cabin of my car. within seconds they started moving my car ahead.

when i questioned them, why arent they vacuuming my car they said they blowed all the dust out. i got furious and gave them a peace of mind. they blowed the dust under my dashboard and in my headunit etc.

hesitantly they did a vacuum cleaning and moved ahead to pressure washing area.

to my shock they were using boring water which was very hard and the other washed car was looking horrible with white patches all over.

i still went ahead and the guy started washing my car with a high pressure gun. i asked him why isnt he cleaning underbody of my car, then he thought i wont budge till he cleans underbody of my car. they he cleaned it too.

after the wash a lousy guy started applying motomax polish in patches. very small patches here and there. i shouted at him to clean the patches he had put and dont put any polish at all.

they parked my car near the gate and i went in for gate pass. i took the gate pass, tore the feedback form and got inside my car.
to my shock my car was filled with flies all over as if i had parked in some fish market.

overall i have only one punch line which will consume my smilies.

JADGISH KHATTAR

dont fool customers using the Maruti experience. and have some ethics and responsibility of doing business.
Attached Thumbnails
Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-p1020084.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 18:06   #177
BHPian

Re: carnation - a joke by Jagdish Khatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I visited carnation pune for the wash and 25 point check up...................

dont fool customers using the Maruti experience. and have some ethics and responsibility of doing business.

What the !?!? I did read all the responses here, but I still though it would be just about OK, to get my decade old M800 serviced by them, but now I think I'll just get it done somewhere else, or go back to MASSes only to get cheated.

What ridiculous terms and conditions. The question arises, do they even get any business at all, provided these sick T&Cs ??? I do not think anyone would want to get his/her car serviced there. Oh, and promotions through snapdeal are meant to be "Test samples", so that people can sample the services / products, get a good impression about them, and they gain business. But looking at this thread and Amit's post, Carnation seems to have given us all a strict warning - "Stay away from carnation"
Old 16th February 2011, 12:21   #178
Senior - BHPian

Dear Folks,

Any idea regarding this offer Pay Rs 199 for 24X7 Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing, all worth Rs 1200 at Carnation Auto. Now Ride with Pride!

Rs 199 for On-road assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing worth Rs 1200

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 16th February 2011, 12:25   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Folks,

Any idea regarding this offer Pay Rs 199 for 24X7 Breakdown Assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing, all worth Rs 1200 at Carnation Auto. Now Ride with Pride!
You are joking arent you??
Old 16th February 2011, 12:28   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Folks,

Rs 199 for On-road assistance for 1 year, Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing worth Rs 1200

Cheers!

Vinu
I also got the message and mail for the same deal. But looking at the feedback here I am in a fix what to do. This 1 year duration is good and I bought two coupons of 99/- for wash and wax, probably I'll get it converted to this offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks