Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 11:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation

Mumbaikars still have 24hrs to snap the deal
http://www.snapdeal.com/deal-mumbai_...q_v=0ceefc6130

Snapped the deal and I got another promo coupon for Rs.100 off on future deals

Last edited by theragingbull : 10th December 2010 at 11:20.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

As someone pointed here, it is going to be a knock down version of the regualr wash. Atleast thats what I feel.

Carnation for one is not getting the kind of response they had hoped for and hence and trying to get customers there by any means.

At Rs. 99, dont expect more than just a wash and a normal waxing / polisihing job done by hand. Ambience mall Gurgaon offered this service for 175, but you got what you paid for and it was pretty good.

Now, if Carnation claims it is for about a grand and they are giving at 90% discount, then ideally they should use a buffer for the polishing. Only with buffing, can one expect really good results and remove swirl marks. Else it is being offered at the actual cost with just a huge psychological discount

I anyways have a host of waxes, creams, rubbing compunds, sprays etc at my home and generally spend sat / sun afternoons on cleaning the cars

Anyways, lets hope for the best and see if they actually give something worth the while

By the way, any idea what this gold cheque book is all about. My voucher said that they would give me some gold ticket ir cheque?
Old 10th December 2010, 11:31   #48
VMC
BHPian

please send all of us a feedback on this service...
Curious to know what they do for 99rs.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:36   #49
Team-BHP Support

Its a huge opportunity for Carnation. They can do no worse that screw this up.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

^^^ I agree. The ideal marketing scenario for Carnation would be to provide the best to their customer now and reap the benifits later. Repeat clientele is the best type of clientele.
Old 10th December 2010, 12:13   #51
BHPian

Aren't we getting 2 Free Car Washes and Polishing for Rs.99? One as per this offer and another as part of the Gold Cheque Book. Or is it just one?

Either ways, I did book two coupons for my cars. @ Rs.99, even a good wash is worth it...cant really ask for more....

Side Note: Recently had a bad experience at Carnation, Bangalore (Outer Ring Road). Went there to flip my brand new Spare tyre and some rookies there cut the tyre beading while doing this simplest of the tasks. Thanks to their new General Manager (Mr. Venkat Sharma) who handled the situation very professionally and replaced the tyre with a brand new one within a few days. Mistakes do happen at service centers but I'd still suggest to be vigil on what they are doing to your car since the above incident doesn't instill any confidence in leaving the car there for any big jobs.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 10th December 2010 at 12:18.
Old 10th December 2010, 12:19   #52
BHPian

I was told it will take max 3hrs for the whole thing - car wash, waxing, and 25point check. The gold vouchers are basically discount coupons on accessories, labour etc that you can use for later service visits to Carnation.
I've booked my M800 for 9am Sunday.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:11   #53
BHPian

Finally am back from the service and back to work .

There is actually no catch in this. They are offering what they promised. I have been to Carnation for a car wash a few times, I got the same kind of wash this time too. My appointment was for 9:30 AM and I reached there on time. The service engineer saw my coupon and initially, he didn't seem to know what it was. I was probably the first guy to arrive with this Snap Deal coupon. He talked to his superior and came back after 5 min.

Once he came back, he seemed to have got all the information on the deal. He told me it would take around 2 hours for the job, which was ok with me. He checked the car and filled up the service card. I checked what he wrote down on it. "Car Wash + Vaccuum + Polish" and "25 Point Check" . He told me to wait in the customer lobby and i picked up a newspaper to pass the time.

Meanwhile, even after around 15 min, my car was still not picked up for the wash. I went to the service advisor and asked him what the delay was. It seemed like he was still getting the paperwork ready. He then took the car and parked in the washing area. It was already past 10 AM by then. After spending a few min in the accessory area, I went and checked if the guys had started work on my car, only to find that the car was still waiting to be washed. Meanwhile, another guy on an I10 came for the same deal and his car was already getting washed.
Finally, the guys started work on my car and it was lifted up and some guy checked a few things ( probably the 20 point check they were talking about ). The interiors were already vaccuumed and mats cleaned by then. It was then washed completely and then the car was moved to the area where the polishing guys started their work.

They were using some polish called "Diamond Blue". I checked the sachet and the cost mentioned was 95 Rs each. He used up 2 sachets on my car. After applying the polish, they used some cotton to buff it and the job was done by around 12:15. I met my service advisor, who handed me my gold cheque book ( this had a number of coupons with discounts ranging from 2% to 100% on various things like wheel alignment, spares, washing, painting etc) . He checked the car and noticed that they had not applied polish on the tyres and he asked the guys to do it.

I left the place by 12:20 and was home by 12:30. All in all, I would say it is worth much more than the 99Rs we are paying. I used to pay around 400Rs just for the wash and vaccuming.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the first feedback. Which outlet you went? Marathahalli or Bannergatta road?.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

^^ Great to see the feedback from Newpunter, this looks like a genuine offer. Will book the service now for this or the next weekend.
Hope there would be more feedback on the offer. Anyone from Hyderabad availed of it till now ?
Old 10th December 2010, 14:26   #56
BHPian

I also bought one coupon for myself yesterday. Am planning to go on a longish road trip soon and will use this coupon after returning. If someone in Chennai has availed of this offer please post your review here.

Thanks!
Old 10th December 2010, 14:29   #57
VMC
BHPian

@Newpunter- thanks for the review. This is much more than I expected from them. any idea what was checked in the 25point check?Did they give you a report?
BTW does anyone know this Diamond Blue brand
VMC
Old 10th December 2010, 14:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Good to see the first feedback. Which outlet you went? Marathahalli or Bannergatta road?.
It was the Marathahalli outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMC View Post
@Newpunter- thanks for the review. This is much more than I expected from them. any idea what was checked in the 25point check?Did they give you a report?
BTW does anyone know this Diamond Blue brand
VMC
Sorry, I completely forgot to check about this. Initially I was thinking that i would ask them what they were checking in this during delivery, but by the time my car was ready for delivery, it was already late and I forgot to ask this.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:42   #59
BHPian

Guys where exactly is the location in Pune? And the registration is through snapdeal only? Do we need to individually register for snapdeal?

Many queries I know, but the site is blocked at office and I can check out only at home.. When is the last date for Pune?
Old 10th December 2010, 14:43   #60
VMC
BHPian

eagerly waiting for somemore feedback from BLR guys

Most Viewed