Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 17:19   #196
BHPian

Re: Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Did they was the under body of your car and do the interior vacuuming?
Yes they did. But dont expect anything more than that.
Old 26th February 2011, 19:17   #197
Team-BHP Support

I have also decided to let the coupon go unused. Wastage of time and potential increase in blood pressure is not worth the 99 bucks.

Carnation / Mr Khattar: You've got to do better than this.
Old 26th February 2011, 19:28   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Here in Bangalore i got to know about a car spa service at your door step from one of my friend. i contacted this guy named bopanna and it took few weeks for both of us to match our timings and meet.

they offer a package of 10 washes for 1300/- valid for 10 months. they also have yearly and 2 year packages. i feel the rates are very good

PS: you will need a tap and power outlet for them to use.
Now that's a real good deal. Can you please post the details on how to contact them?
Old 26th February 2011, 19:29   #199
Senior - BHPian

Going by all the posts it seems only Bangalore guys are dissatisfied with Carnation treatment. Mumbai folks, including me, feel it's full value for money!
Old 26th February 2011, 20:31   #200
BANNED

Got a call from Carnation they asked me to rate their services.

Call went something like this:

Lady: On a Scale of 1 to 10, how much?
Me: 4
Lady: Why?
Me: It said worth 999 for Rs 99. I don't think it was worth Rs 999. Unfortunately only Rs 99 probably.
Lady: Ok sir we will take a complaint.
Me: No this is not a complain. This is feedback. I don't have a complaint. Only the wash was worth Rs 99. I got that as a part of it. But surely the rest is not worth Rs 999. Take it as a +ve feedback and see that it does not happen to other customers.
Lady: Give us one more chance.
Me: Thanks a lot for the offer. appreciate it. But frankly I thought this would be a great opportunity to try an option to my regular service center. And I was giving only one try. You guys couldn't measure up. I am fine with the arrangement I have now. I really don't have anything from Carnation to change my decision. Thanks again.
Lady: Thanks for the feedback and time. Thank you.

The lady sounded genuine about trying to give them another chance. But this time, first impression is last impression. Especially if it is one of my most precious possessions I was talking about.

Last edited by Spitfire : 26th February 2011 at 20:32.
Old 27th February 2011, 09:39   #201
v&v
Senior - BHPian

I too had a bad experience at carnation gurgaon facility. I had picked up their 24x7 car breakdown scheme for Rs 199. Even after a prior appoinment, they told wheel alignment - balancing will need atlease 2 to 3 hours . I refused for the same and came back with 24x7 registration , fired a mail to both snap deal as well as carnation.

Any body has their 24x7 breakdown service availed ? Now i am a bit apprehensive about this service too.
Old 27th February 2011, 22:01   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
My vouchers will expire this monday. The reviews are so bad, that I even offered it for free to anyone else on the give away thread, but no one seems to want it. LOL

198 charity in the name of Carnation. I am happy I could contribute to their well being.

The call center people are hounding me though to come for the service, and i keep declining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Have you tried canceling the vouchers? I did ask snapdeal to cancel my voucher using their "contact us" form, this evening. Waiting for their reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I had another voucher which i had planned to use it on my Cruze today.

Due to hectic work week, didnt even have time to call and set up an appointment.

I reckon my voucher will get wasted as last day is Feb 28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I have also decided to let the coupon go unused. Wastage of time and potential increase in blood pressure is not worth the 99 bucks.

Carnation / Mr Khattar: You've got to do better than this.
For all the dis-satisfied/scared customers (including me), here's some ray of hope. Sorry guys I couldnt post this earlier as I was traveling and got to access the forums just now.

Reading Jaguar's post, I contacted Snapdeal to cancel my voucher and refund the money. And to my utter surprise, they did! So if anybody is willing, please write to them. Here's the email I got from Snapdeal

Dear Nishant,

Thank you for writing to us. We highly appreciate this opportunity to assist you. We appreciate your patience and co-operation. This is to inform you that your request for refund has now been initiated from our end and you will get your credit for the same within next 7 – 21 working days depending upon the mode of payment. We assure you that we will try our level best to assure you good quality of services in near future and you will not have to face such issues ever again. We sincerely apologize to you once again. If any problem persists, please feel free to get back to us. You can either call us or chat with us between 9 AM to 11 PM.

--
Best Regards,
SnapDeal Customer Support Team
+91-11-4537-1100
help@snapdeal.com

Subscribe for great deals in your city - US - SnapDeal.com Our exciting new services!!! Get over 60% off at restaurant, spas, entertainment, weekend getaways among other fun things to do.

Hi,

A customer query has been received. Details are:-

Name Nishant
City Mumbai
Phone .....
Email
xxxx
Subject
Customer query
Comments
I bought a voucher for car wash+waxing+25 point checkup at Carnation Service, Mumbai. This coupon will expire on Feb 28th and I have been traveling all these months. Since I wont be able to avail this, I need to return it and get it canceled/refunded. What's the procedure for the same?
Old 28th February 2011, 01:09   #203
Senior - BHPian

Mine is expiring tomorrow, do you think I can send them an email now. And I had purchased the ticket also quite some time back?

Not that I care about the 200, but I am now, in no mood to give them this charity.

Spoke to a friend of mine, who also tried this offer and apparently they applied rubbing compound on most of the panels to get the smooth feel, almost all panels. My friend didnt know this, and told me the guy took this stuff and applied it all over the car saying this makes the body very smooth. When he told me rubbing compound, I explained what it was to him and he got some wind knocked out of him. And the car though smooth, seems to have lost a bit of the shine

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 28th February 2011 at 01:13.
Old 28th February 2011, 09:43   #204
BHPian

Just an update for everyone. I called up the Carnation toll free number today to take an appointment as my voucher was expiring today but they told me that the deal has been extended till the 10th of March.

So whoever is worried about their vouchers expiring today can confirm with them again if the deal has been extended or not. I confirmed twice just to be sure as my car badly needs a wash :P
Old 28th February 2011, 11:15   #205
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I had purchased 2 vouchers in Dec 2010. After reading the reviews on this thread, i lost interest in taking the car to Carnation.

But, three weeks back i received a call from Carnation, Guindy reminding me about the Snap Deal coupons purchased. This was followed up with a reminder call on last Thursday requesting to bring the car to Carnation. I told them that i have read quite a few comments on Team-BHP and my interest to bring the car is pretty low. The caller said she knew about the "complaints" and they are trying to rectify it.

I took my Fusion yesterday to Carnation, Guindy. Reached the workshop at 9.30 am. The workshop seemed to busy for a Sunday morning with almost 4 more cars lining behind me for "service". The mechanics were very casual (shouting, playing around) and this gave me second thoughts about the efficiency of the place. I was told that the whole process would take 3.5 to 4 hours to complete. Left the car and asked the SA to give me a call when it is ready.

At 2:15 pm, received a call from a different SA saying that the washing is over and my car would be ready by 3 pm. The SA reconfirmed if the car had run for 1.10 lakh kms as he was doubtful if he had seen it wrong.

Reached Carnation at 3.15 pm and was shocked to see my car parked on the road complete with watermarks and dust. All the things i had worried about seemed to have come true. I was pretty upset, but the SA told me that the polishing is still pending and is generally done just before the car is delivered. The car was polish and within 20 minutes looked like new.

Some points i thought i could mention;

a. Team-BHP sticker on the car seemed to be a big plus
b. Loads of attention given to the car
c. Service Advisors worked hard and fast giving a good impression
d. Workshop was not as clean as a Ford workshop with lot of dust on the floor. (Possibly it is due to the dusty road in Guindy Industrial Estate)
e. Full servicing done on Sunday is a big plus

I would rate the "snap deal" deal to be a good VFM one. Car looks clean and shiny. I have one more voucher left and will take my Santro next Sunday. The guys at Carnation informed me that last date has been extended to 12th March 2011.
Old 28th February 2011, 12:28   #206
Senior - BHPian

Fixed an appointment for yesterday(Sunday) at Carnation Gurgaon. Reached there at 11.35am. My intention was just for washing. At 11.45 car was taken to follow the queue to the washing bay. Time for collecting the car was 3.30pm. I roamed around the whole workshop for time pass and notised that the wokshop was huge and they are dealing with good number of multi brands (from Hondas to Tatas). I also count the cars ahead of mine to wash bay, it was 17. So start the waiting process. At 2.30pm I reached the washing bay (there are 2 bays which can wash 4 cars at a time. Only one bay was functional) and there was no sign of my Beat. Then I just followed the cars in the queue to find her behind 5 cars. Waited patiently. There was lot of guys coming and going, complaining that their car was not handed over on time. One guy with some influence with the adviser try to overtake my car to bay. But I timely intervened through the washing supervisor. He saw me standing there since 2.30. Around 4.15 car reached bay. Washing was done superbly (under-body too), they don't have a lifting technology, the washing guy will go under the ramp! After 20 mins of washing the car was taken for wiping, air drying engine compartment , vacuuming (they really did a great vacuuming), trye polishing, etc. The advantage I got was throughout the process, I was able to monitor the process and provide my inputs and suggestions. Those guys did an impressive job. A 5.00pm car was ready. While collecting the Gold book and gate pass, few guys where checking all the electricals, wiper, ac etc of the car. At 5.10 I came out of carnation.

So a good 5 and half hours spend for a 99rs car wash.

I was prepared for that. (Team-BHP effect)

The good part I take out of this deal was I got a super detailed cars wash and cleaning.

By the way, no more carnation deal till they improve.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 28th February 2011, 12:30   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Just an update for everyone. I called up the Carnation toll free number today to take an appointment as my voucher was expiring today but they told me that the deal has been extended till the 10th of March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I would rate the "snap deal" deal to be a good VFM one. Car looks clean and shiny. I have one more voucher left and will take my Santro next Sunday. The guys at Carnation informed me that last date has been extended to 12th March 2011.
Thanks for the update on extension of date for the offer. I have once coupon with me, which I couldn't use but now will use it before the extended date.
Is it 10th or 12th march ?
looks like Carnation is trying to improve themelves.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:36   #208
Senior - BHPian

I had written a complaint using feedback option in Snapdeal site also written to their CEO. After few days I received a call from Carnation Bangalore to enquire about it. I explained the pathetic service received by the people I know and also pointed to this thread. She was asking me to use the coupon and assured that everything will be fine. I forgot about it and received a call from them again on 25th, I was not keen to use the coupon/waste my time. Later I realized the outlet is just five minutes awayfrom my house and decided to give it a try. Reached the place @ 9AM on saturday and they filled some forms and took the car for service and noted the delivery time 12 noon. They delivered it @11.50 AM and work done is pretty good (but not worth the Rs.999 they advertised). But for the price we paid (Rs.99) we cannot ask for more. They used DIAMOND BLUE Universal car polish after the wash.

Their waiting lounge was OK and served tea/coffee to customers frequently. Set up is big and have a real potential to excel in the field. They kept updating me the status every hour thanks to their representative Lakshmi Gowda.

Overall a good work but does not worth Rs.999. I may pay max 200-300 for the same. Looks like after seeing many negative feedbacks they are trying to win customers, that's a good sign.

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th February 2011 at 16:39.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:52   #209
BANNED

So I got a call today after my initial feedback to some lady.

This time there was a lady again but from Carnation, Bangalore - Sarjapur.

So after the initial greetings.

Lady: Sir, you said in your feedback that there was no under car wash.
Me: Yes.
Lady: This does not include the undercar wash.
Me: So for rs 999 you don't wash the car from underneath?
Lady: We do sir.
Me: Then why didn't it happen?
Lady: No sir, for that you use the coupons we gave you along with the offer.
Me: (Remembering the coupons) Oh ok. So if I get it right. I take car for Rs 999. The underneath wash will be done after that.
Lady: Yes sir.
Me: Ok I haven't seen the coupons.
Lady: Please have a look sir.
Me: I will. Thank you.

CARNATTION?? YOU TAKE US TO BE IDIOTS? OR ARE YOU GUYS THAT INTELLIGENT IN TRYING TO REVERSE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK???

Man, this is hilarious. The cheek of the lady to tell me that? These guys are digging their grave. Last time I gave a 4/10 this time I am going to give a piece of my mind too.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:57   #210

I recently got two of may cars washed and "waxed" using snapdeal vochers......The experience at Carnation was not very good in terms of Wash - which was just about satisfactory, no waxing was done. That said the other experience in terms of office staff behaviour, billing etc was quite good!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks