Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 13:15   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
If the highlighted portion is correct
I am surprised that you even have a doubt? No corporation with a sane head on their shoulder would offer such a crazy price-cut unless they are reeling with pressure to garner more sales.

If you visit Carnation you would know there are hardly any cars for service, repairs et. all.

This offer is an attempt to redeem themselves. However, going my majority folk's opinion they are throwing away their final chance.

I come from a slightly different school of thought. I have no complaints and happy for what i got for my 99 bucks
Old 14th December 2010, 13:37   #107
BHPian

Any of you got an SMS from Carnation after the service asking for feedback?
The SMS says send CAR YES if satisfied, reply CAR NO if not.

And the SMS doesn't get delivered!!
Old 14th December 2010, 13:38   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
But, as a user of that particular offer, i will purely go by VFM factor and it is a fact that i got my car throughly cleaned and vaccumed for 1/4th the price elsewhere. My expectations were low considering the amount paid and I was pretty much ok with final results.

Anyways, everyone has different opinions on expectations, so each to his own
You are right if you live in and around the carnation's showroom. Consider the case in Pune, it is 23 kms from my place, I drive down there considering that I will be getting something very grand (that is worth 999 RS) but I end up getting a worse job than what my street side garage would do for 150.

I spent 3 liters of fuel, 5 hours of my precious time on weekend and get a service that is below par.

I am not bashing carnation here, it was my choice to take a chance, I took it and I am not too happy with it.

BTW, snapdeal refused to refund, so much for their false claims.

Carnation called me up, I gave them my feedback!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 14th December 2010 at 13:46.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:04   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Any of you got an SMS from Carnation after the service asking for feedback?
The SMS says send CAR YES if satisfied, reply CAR NO if not.

And the SMS doesn't get delivered!!
I got the SMS and it does get delivered. I typed YES and NO

However, got a response back via. sms saying thanks for responding much later in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
You are right if you live in and around the carnation's showroom.
The center that i visited was 8.5kms from home so that was alright with me. But, If i had driven 23kms in horrible traffic and wait for 3 hours just for a vaccum and wash. Maybe my opinion would also change
Old 14th December 2010, 14:46   #110
BHPian

I'm surprised with the completely negative feedback for this scheme. I have been taking my car to Carnation for washing regularly and I make a point to stand near the washing bay when the washing is done. I think this results in the guys being more careful during the wash. I used to pay around 360 Rs for the same and was glad that i could get it done for 99 Rs this time without any change in the quality I used to get. Ofcourse, I stay only a couple of kms away from the outlet, so I didn't have to travel a long distance. Besides, I went there on a week day so the rush was lesser and i didn't get delayed by a lot.
Old 14th December 2010, 15:09   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Today I went to Carnation BG road outlet at 10-30 am. It took me 30 min to find this place. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
...I went to the BG road workshop at 9:45AM on 12th. I was the third person to enter their building that day. Came out at 3PM...!
Can you point the EXACT location where this workshop is? If possible, google map link .

I am mentally prepared for a long wait but would like to minimize the finding time
Old 14th December 2010, 15:17   #112
J.Ravi

I returned from Carnation, Marathahalli, two hours back after getting my Linea washed and waxed at Rs 99 through snapdeal.

I had booked online for today's 9:30 am slot earlier and I reached there exactly at that time. But, no SA attended to me for the next 15 minutes. A security guard came and obtained my car details with my signature in a register. Then, I went inside and found many SAs were having group discussions! One SA enquired with me and when I presented him with the details, he filled up a job card and requested me to sit. Then, he went out, inspected my Linea, jotted down the details, came back and handed over a copy of the job card and asked me to sit in the customer lounge. He told me that it would take about two hours. I said, fine. I would wait and take my car.

I sat in the customer lounge, which was small. Another cusotmer [also getting the snapdeal wash&wax done] switched on the TV in the customer lounge. There were two remote controls, one each for TV and Tata Sky STB. While the TV remote control worked, Tata Sky remote control didn't. I saw him switching the batteries of the former with latter, and presto, Tata Sky became alive. Then he surfed various channels only to get this message: 'You have not subscribed to this channel'! He tried in vain for about 10 minutes and finally gave up.

After reading the Times of India, I went out to inspect the progress. I saw my Linea hoisted and its mud-guards/underbelly pressure-washed. Later, it came down and again pressure-washing continued. My Linea was then taken to another dry area and dry-cleaned. I saw a few boys dry-cleaning the car with air jet first, and then, they applied tyre polish, vinyl/plastic polish, etc. Then, the SA was searching for wax polish guy. Then, I came back to the customer lounge and sat again. After about 20 minutes or so, the SA materialised in front of me and announed that my Linea was ready!

I was given a bunch of discount coupons including another wash&wax totally free. SA informed me that these disount coupons were car-specific and I had to use them within one year. I thanked him and came back home.

After reaching home, I observed that waxing was not done. I saw the water marks and mortal remains of insects acquired during my 672 km trip on Saturday still remained on the registration plate and grills inspite of pressure wash and waxing! My Linea has also acquired a few minute scratches thanks to washing and cleaning guys. I think, I will have to wash my Linea once again!

So, will I and my Linea pay a visit to Carnation in future at least to avail of the free wash&wax service? No, definitely not.

Old 14th December 2010, 16:08   #113
Senior - BHPian

Carnation is following up for my negative feedback on them, their service manager calls me and argues with me stating that "pay 99 for job 999" is not actually a wax and wash job, but you are actually given that discount voucher (gold check book ?) for that 99Rs. I asked why did they advertise it in such a way then? He has got no answer!

I explained him why I was not happy with their service and he started arguing with me defending their services. I am not too sure what Carnation is upto :(
Old 14th December 2010, 16:13   #114
BHPian

My experience of Carnation in Guindy, Chennai.

Date: 10-DEC-2010, 9.30am.

<If I give an offer, I would try to act efficient so that customers will come back at least once.>

After fixing an appointment, I arrived promptly on Saturday morning 9.30 to give my car for the wash. No one seemed slightly interested in my existence. I finally asked a watchman and he said I need to go to the reception to register. Same story there, no one seemed to be bothered to attend to me.

Finally the girl at the reception took my voucher and asked me to sit down. I saw down and waited for a few minutes and then went again and asked what I was waiting for. This time, I was made to sign a register and thankfully an SA came to attend to me. He quickly went around the car and jotted down some points, took the voucher and asked some questions. I told him that the car should be washed properly and then waxed. He replied in the affirmative.
Then he just left after taking the key without bothering to lock the car which was left on the main road. I had to this myself by locking the drivers side door.

Fast forward to 3.00pm when I received a call telling me the problems in the car. I simply stated that I just wanted the wash and polish. Then I got a message at 3.45 telling me that the car would be ready at 4.30pm.

I reached Carnation at 4.20 and asked for the car. He said it was not ready(my Car was with them for close to 7 hours already). So meanwhile I checked the accessories lounge. This seemed to be interesting because some seat covers(autoform) which I was looking for earlier seemed cheaper at Carnation.

Around 4.40 the SA told me that the car was ready. I got the 25 point checklist from him and an price estimate. The 25 point checklist seemed pretty much relevant. I noticed all those problems he pointed out. I got to give him credit for that. Plus the prices seemed reasonable.

The SA then pointed to my car on the road, thanked me and left. When I went nearby I noticed that it was NOT washed properly and the wax polish was applied directly on the dirty areas. I did a facepalm and left promptly.
Other points to mention:
-He applied tire polish.
-Applied some polish on the bumpers too.
-I'd say it was decent, but he could have taken a bit more care to wash the car properly.
-He could have used a much better wax, even the wax from a candle would have been better.

Moral of the Story -
1. For the wash and wax - be beside the car and let them do it in front of you. You'll be wasting a day for this. Alternative is to pay full price and get it done elsewhere properly where they dont require supervision.
2. Always buy more vouchers ONLY after a trial. I got 3 more and I regret my decision. Now I'll have to gift them to someone.
3. The staff are courteous, but there are a lot of disconnects between the reception, SA's and the actual people working on the car.

I'm sorry to say - Carnation needs new management/processes to spruce up its business, or it is heading downhill.

Last edited by Brix : 14th December 2010 at 16:14.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:27   #115
Team-BHP Support

I have decided to wait for a couple of weeks before taking the appointment. I hope that Carnation gets feedback and pulls up its socks till then.
Old 14th December 2010, 17:15   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Can you point the EXACT location where this workshop is? If possible, google map link .

I am mentally prepared for a long wait but would like to minimize the finding time
Here you go 12.905031, 77.605248 - Google Maps. If you are coming from BTM, take the Madivala lake road, go up to Coffee day and Nilgiri's. Take the left right after Nilgiri's. It is the 3rd Main. The road ends at a humoungous gate leading to an abandoned warehouse. They have a security stationed here and also signage leading to the workshop which is behind the warehouse.

Best of luck .
Old 14th December 2010, 22:51   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
My experience of Carnation in Guindy, Chennai.

<SNIP>

I'm sorry to say - Carnation needs new management/processes to spruce up its business, or it is heading downhill.
That's sad to note. I was planning to take my car to this particular outlet after my road trip
Old 14th December 2010, 23:25   #118
Senior - BHPian

@ Khan Sultan, one point to beware of though. Pray they dont wax your car with all that grime on the body

Looking at what people have written, looks like they are loaded with incompetent people

Dont let the laugh get on you
Old 14th December 2010, 23:38   #119
BHPian

I left my figo for 3 hours for the rs.99 deal for wash,wax and some 25point check. though it was impressive when i went to take my car in the evening, i realized the next day morning that the wax was seen all over the body. they managed to also give a minor dent near the driver handle! to top it all i get a call from their ops team from chennai or hyd asking about feedback! i blasted them...

i feel this is going to windup shortly!!!
Old 15th December 2010, 11:56   #120

Carnation also uses 3M materials and trained people for car detailing etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks