Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 16:20   #1501
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

OT :

Since they are occupying the taxpayer's (which includes Team-Bhpians) property and hogging the taxpayer's resources (which includes Team-Bhpians) and also inconveniencing taxpayers (which includes Team-Bhpians) at the same time, the least they can do is allow us a Team-Bhp meet at the location..
We can hog on the food and ogle at the cars at the same time...For free!
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 16:56   #1502
BHPian

Is this the time for me to use the Nande-Chande route? Or will that route encounter traffic jam, potentially for the first time??
Old 7th December 2012, 17:06   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
^^
Politician's (PK) son is getting married to a Builder's (AB) daughter at Balewadi Stadium today.

It's going to be a crazy mix of politicos, builders & page 3 people.

Traffic is going to be hugely chaotic from 5.30pm till 10.00pm, in that area. HJW guys, caution.
Yes sir. Our office is bang opposite AB's mansion. We have seen at least 20-25 rounds of multiple helicopters flying in and out of his palace since yesterday evening. Gosh!

One thing hurts me. How can these people use government property such as the Sports Complex for their personal family functions.
Old 7th December 2012, 18:39   #1504
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ooh! Reading this thread makes me profess my continued and undying hatred forever for the scumbag political and semi political filth as well as their scumball mining and real estate demons.
May they and their descendants, hangers on and relations, without exception, all die by fire, slowly and excruciatingly...
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 12:45   #1505
Senior - BHPian

I have had the opportunity (forced really) to listen to the FM radio channels in Pune. I have two questions, why do all the lady RJs speak so nasally? Is this a pre requisite for them to be recruited? I know many local people and none of them speak in this irritating manner. only putting this rant in this thread, because it is these morons who give us traffic updates via radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
As a normal taxpayer (including team bhpians) will not be invited, the only option would be to just stand on the pavement (if there is one, if it is not occupied by vendors, parked bikes, bhurji stalls) and look at whats going on.
A normal taxpayer (including team bhpians) will have too much self respect than to eat free food from such people.
by the way, if you are anywhere near Marriott on SB road you will see most of these cars on a Friday evening. or maybe just anyday really. just that as a normal taxpayer (and as a Team bhpian) I only have time for this on Fridays.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 13:41   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive
I have had the opportunity (forced really) to listen to the FM radio channels in Pune. I have two questions, why do all the lady RJs speak so nasally?

As a normal taxpayer .
Balaji,
1. Most people out of pune have impression that you have to speak nasally to be accepted as born and brought up in pune. :-)

2. And as a normal taxpayer, I only get to 'see' these cars, that too , only from outside.

Cheers
Abhijeet.
Old 12th December 2012, 14:04   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I have had the opportunity (forced really) to listen to the FM radio channels in Pune. I have two questions, why do all the lady RJs speak so nasally? Is this a pre requisite for them to be recruited?
Aha, talk about changing the 'tune' of things from traffic and politics!

Do you commute by bus or cab, to be subjected to the bad taste of Pune radio?
I've noticed that all stations have mostly gossip and advertisements, with a short clip of a current hit thrown in for an added measure of aural (dis)pleasure. Whatever happened to good-ol' AIR where you wondered if the jock had actually died midway!
Old 12th December 2012, 16:47   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT :

Since they are occupying the taxpayer's (which includes Team-Bhpians) property and hogging the taxpayer's resources (which includes Team-Bhpians) and also inconveniencing taxpayers (which includes Team-Bhpians) at the same time, the least they can do is allow us a Team-Bhp meet at the location..
You did not get the invitation? The coporator from our area is related to him. An invitation was delivered to our residence. I guess he must have given it in all the nearby buildings.

Goes without saying that i did not go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I have had the opportunity (forced really) to listen to the FM radio channels in Pune..
Listen only to AIR FM. Though they do not give traffic updates but 100 times better than the private FM channels. And on second thoughts why do i need traffic updates in Hinjewadi. Every day it is more or less the same chaos.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 19:07   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Whats with so many little "diversions" on the NH4 bypass ?
It often chokes up the traffic, especially in the evening near Bavdhan. Apparently, there is also another new flyover coming up just before baner, after crossing Sus road as well.
I wonder how many of these are planned.

OT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
You did not get the invitation? The coporator from our area is related to him. An invitation was delivered to our residence. I guess he must have given it in all the nearby buildings.

Goes without saying that i did not go.
Oh yeah!
Unfortunately, our building, along with a couple of hours from the neighbourhood have the reputation of being rather chummy with the rival political party, hence we are ignored by seth ji!
Result : Poor water supply, streetlights and amenities!
Old 13th December 2012, 10:43   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Whats with so many little "diversions" on the NH4 bypass ?
Road widening in progress all along the NH4 apparently. A big mess in the making, as usual.

CHeers,
Rahul
Old 13th December 2012, 14:25   #1511
Senior - BHPian

First the number: MH-12 GF 1352 Red POLO TDi

Today morning on the Bavdhan-Pashan route, this Red polo TDI was being driven absolutely maniacally, horribly, dangerously, ...etc. 90% of the time, driven on the wrong side and when he went passed me, I was praying to God that he survives to see tomorrow's Sunrise and BANG!

This guy was driving on the other lane over-confidently and an Indigo CS cab coming from the opposite side rubbed this Polo fiercely and the ORVM of the Polo got crushed into fine pieces and the pieces of broken glass and plastic were flying all over the road. One piece hit the windshield of my car. The Polo swayed a bit for few seconds. But that did not crush the determination of this guy. He did not even pause for a second and continued driving rashly. Luckily there was no 2 wheeler around that section at that time, otherwise someone might have been injured with the broken pieces of glass. I don't know what more happened after Pashan circle, since I took a left turn.

I don't understand whats the big deal with maniacs. At least, if you don't care about yourself and your own vehicle, care about others' lives, damn you!
Old 14th December 2012, 10:40   #1512
BHPian

I went to drop my kid to his school today. His school is ' Sevasadan' near Mangeshkar hospital. I was driving very sedately, enjoying seasons first real winter morning, a moron in a Dzire Vdi, zoomed of so fast, that I was left bewildered. He nearly brushed my car.

Further ahead he continued to drive the same maniac way, merely missing other cars, students and pedestrians by a whisker. How he managed to achieve is a miracle. People were very very lucky.

And to top it all, he entered into the Sevesadan school premises. I was totally shell shocked. I parked my vehicle, dropped off my son and went to this moron. I confronted him in front of many other parents.

He said he was late. He also issued a very dry apology. The worrying part was, that he showed no remorse at all. All the way through, he had his kid standing besides him, Looking at him, confused and scared.
Luckily, the principal also saw him zooming through the gate, and gave him a very hard scolding.
It was indeed very disturbing . I tried to be calm, but insides, I was boiling.

When will the so called ' Civilized ' people really learn, is a basic question now.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
coriollis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 12:20   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
I confronted him in front of many other parents.

He said he was late. He also issued a very dry apology. The worrying part was, that he showed no remorse at all.
And you know what , Kids learn from their parents.
If kids see their parents breaking rules, they will happily continue to do so when they get vehicles, because "if mom-dad do it, so can I".

Not only are they bad drivers themselves, they are raising a new generation of bad drivers along with them.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 12:20   #1514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
This guy was driving on the other lane over-confidently (...)
I don't understand whats the big deal with maniacs. At least, if you don't care about yourself and your own vehicle, care about others' lives, damn you!
You must be new in these parts. That's how we drive in Pashan *twirls gun cowboy style*
I sometimes think should carry an in-dash video recorder on my daily commute. On average I cross half a dozen vehicles coming the wrong way on the <2Km stretch that takes me to the highway daily This includes cars, 2-wheelers, school buses, construction trucks, you name it!
The other day I was driving home in the middle lane and saw two vehicles speeding towards me, one to my right, the other to my left. It seems both were headed for the gap in the divider and wanted to be first there, so they were having their own little race on the wrong side of the road. I didn't know what to do so came to a dead halt in the middle lane with my hazards on. Then I stared at both of them as they cut across and sped off.

I was expecting some shame, some remorse, at least a sheepish grin or wave but they just looked at me as if...(refer start of post)
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 13:36   #1515
Senior - BHPian

A program is being planned, where school kids will be given importance on traffic sense. That does not include wearing a helmet, wearing your seatbelt, and such other "basic" rules. It includes, following lane discipline, observing traffic signals, not driving on the wrong side, giving way where necessary etc etc.

The main purpose is to educate them, to make them aware of what lies ahead.
Also, in this program, the plan is to teach the kids parents through their kids.
This is being done by an NGO, in association with a Rotary Club. They have been in the planning phase for quite some time now, and shall soon draw a plan to carry out the program.
At a later stage, they also plan to include traffic cops and, with their help, try and solve the traffic mess, that Pune has, before it is too late.

P.S: This is just a glimpse of all that is being planned. If anyone needs more details, do get in touch with me. This is not being done for any publicity, nor are there any monetary gains. The only reason I happen to know all this, is because my father is the person who planned this, and is being carried out by the Rotary Club, he is a member of.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks