Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 15:20   #1396
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

At the Kalyani Nagar Junction,(where one road leads to Bundgarden and other branches off towards IBM office/DonBosco school, PMC has started digging the road with JCB bang in the middle. This had created a huge jam on Nagar Road towards Bundgarden in the morning at 9 (which is quite unusual). Till the time this gets completed expect a big jam at the junction
Old 18th October 2012, 20:49   #1397
Distinguished - BHPian

OT Aspect - Had been to the Enrique concert at Amanora grounds
- Crappy traffic, both while going and returning (at 11 p.m) between Kharadi and Hadapsar
- Average vehicle management by the shopping mall/management in regulating the high flow of vehicles inflow/outflow
- Excellent concert, well managed by the event management team and awesome show put up by Enrique and team

Initially I was of the opinion that we probably might stand out like a sore thumb, among college junta. Imagine my surprise when I saw several middle-aged people in the crowd! This guy certainly has a good fan following across all ages.

Bangalore/Delhi junta, if you are reading this, and you enjoy Enrique's songs, go for it this weekend!
Old 19th October 2012, 09:56   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
OT Aspect - Had been to the Enrique concert at Amanora grounds
- Crappy traffic, both while going and returning (at 11 p.m) between Kharadi and Hadapsar
- Average vehicle management by the shopping mall/management in regulating the high flow of vehicles inflow/outflow
- Excellent concert, well managed by the event management team and awesome show put up by Enrique and team

Initially I was of the opinion that we probably might stand out like a sore thumb, among college junta. Imagine my surprise when I saw several middle-aged people in the crowd! This guy certainly has a good fan following across all ages.

Bangalore/Delhi junta, if you are reading this, and you enjoy Enrique's songs, go for it this weekend!
Saw in news today morning, there was some ruckus created by police as they wanted free entry for a lot of people. Apparently they manhandled the organizers.

Are these concerts safe nowadays? Wanted to go for this one, but

Linky
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/16872073.cms
Old 19th October 2012, 10:59   #1399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Saw in news today morning, there was some ruckus created by police as they wanted free entry for a lot of people. Apparently they manhandled the organizers.

Are these concerts safe nowadays? Wanted to go for this one, but

Linky
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/16872073.cms
Of course they are safe. Been to quite a few now, haven't found any safety issues ever. Unless there was a specific point in your question, that I didn't get. The only sore point is how the event management team handles the entire event - the guys at the Metallica gig in Ggn last year did a pathetic job, while here they did a fantastic job!

As for the link, seems like the police (inspector) pushed his luck (in getting a free rider) a bit too far and hence faced flak. And of course he returned in the only way he knows possible. For the record, there was no lathi-charge at the event - if it happened, then probably in a very small area/section. The only "fights" I saw was in the long vehicle lines at the exit gates!
Old 24th October 2012, 13:21   #1400
Distinguished - BHPian

What a lovely drive to office it was today! Absolutely no traffic, and the key aspect - negligible 2-wheelers! It almost pushes away the gloom of going to office on a holiday!

Wish I had this situation more frequently (the traffic part, not the holiday part! )
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 14:08   #1401
BHPian

Guys, just to make you aware about traffic jams expected at Modern cafe chowk. The work on grade separator has started from last week. They have closed half road after Modern cafe till just before Simla office chowk. As usual there are morons jumping signal, trying to go past vehicles in all sorts of stupid ways creating a mess.

The strech between Engineering college chowk till Simla office chowk is driving me nuts. This is situation is likely to worsen with start of flyover construction at Engineering college chowk some time soon. Only God knows when this will get over. A test of patience (and endurance too) everyday.
kbrtz125 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 08:00   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
The strech between Engineering college chowk till Simla office chowk is driving me nuts. This is situation is likely to worsen with start of flyover construction at Engineering college chowk some time soon. Only God knows when this will get over. A test of patience (and endurance too) everyday.
Thanks for that update kbrtz125. The Patil Estate, COEP, RTO was my daily route of travel to office earlier. I travel all the way Chinchwad to Hadapsar-Fursungi. The condition of COEP crossing was already worse & when there came the announcement of the COEP flyover, it was the last nail in the coffin. No more I take that route. Thankfully the new Holkar bridge was started, Bombay Sappers road widened & the new Bund Garden bridge also started functioning, getting to KP, Circuit House, Fatimanagar has become a breeze now. There is very spartan traffic on this route & in the last 8-10 months I cannot recollect even one instance when I have been stuck up on that route.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:00   #1403
Senior - BHPian

*EXTREMELY HEAVY THUNDERSHOWERS* in Hinjewadi guys. Rest of the city might be similar.
I see several torn hoardings, very low visibility, and some part of the Mezza9 hotel (permanent temporary roof) has collapsed.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-image297.jpg

Cam phone is not able to capture the fury of the thunderstorm!

Last edited by sajo : 26th October 2012 at 15:02. Reason: Added point
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 17:38   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews about this place?
http://myindianstay.com/property/van...ort-at-girivan
Old 31st October 2012, 11:45   #1405
BHPian

Please find the below available options for bus schedule and routes on 1st November 2012.

1) Visit http://pbd.sakaaltimes.com to search the routes and schedule
2) Download android app – search “Pune Bus Day” on Google Play
3) Send an SMS to 8007771100 with a format - Source To Destination
4) Call the PMPML helpline 98814 95589 / 020 2450 3355
Hurrycane12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:56   #1406
Senior - BHPian

An interesting read : http://www.punemirror.in/article/142...the-owner.html

I hope Pune Bus Day gets a very good response tommorrow.. So that I can have a peaceful drive to work in my car.

(Just kidding, I travel to work by bus everyday)

PS : Might just take the car anyway to take advantage of the empty roads tommorrow..
Old 31st October 2012, 12:17   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Thats indeed a good initiative by the PMPML. Only hoping they get a good response.
At least for the HJW area.

If succesfull, they could get an idea, that if some decent quality buses are introduced (a la Volvo, Marcopolo etc), they could do a good job in improving the public transport scene in Pune.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:11   #1408
BHPian

^^Boy, what a drive to office today.
Buses were adorned with balloons, decorations et al. Fullto decked up.
And roads were empty. Though I drove to work in my car, it was a great sight accentuated by lovely onset of wintry morning sunshine.

A colleague showed me the bus routes on Sakal times - on similar lines as Delhi Metro. He came on a "direct" bus from Hadapsar and said that the bus frequency has changed now - every 15 mins and NO ONE was standing in the bus.

Hope its not a one-off day.

Last edited by rahul_sinha : 1st November 2012 at 10:13.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:23   #1409
Senior - BHPian

It seems there is a good response to the bus day initiative. They have started plying private buses too. In the Satara road, katraj side, there was good response to the bus drive. It was a very very pleasant drive to office today. Comparitively less crowd on the road and packed buses. I just hope that they introduce this sort of drive every month or fortnight or weekend. .

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 1st November 2012 at 10:52. Reason: spelling
Old 1st November 2012, 10:44   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Not quite the same story in East Pune (but I am glad to read the above two posts).

Could see just one bus with Sakaal times poster on it - that was a luxury bus hired by the guys behind the initiative. I was able to spot a few PMPML buses, but nothing different from any other day.
As far as traffic is concerned, it seemed to be the same as yesterday. Perhaps nothing dramatic on this part of the city.
A colleague mentioned that he waited for 25 minutes for a bus, then picked his bike and came to office. He lives somewhere near Aundh.

More posts welcome please. We really need something like this to trigger a revolution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks