Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 13:00   #2146
BHPian

Re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post

Hoping that this action from the very top in the state admin will really shake up things for speedy betterment of the area.

Acche din coming up for commuters on that road?
+1
At least the immediate response seems to be encouraging, where the administration and law enforcement authorities have swung into action.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-cc1.png

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-cc2.png

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-cc3.png

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-cc4.png

Source

Quote:
To ease traffic at Chandni chowk, authorities have decided to raze the old bridge previously used by commuters to enter into Kothrud within 15 days, provide 100 marshals to regularise traffic, increase one lane for traffic and start service road. Among the 100 marshals, Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad police will deploy 50 each
I am not really sure which bridge this is. As far as I know, the road from the highway to enter Kothrud did not have any bridge. The only bridge on that location is the one connecting Bavdhan to NDA road which does not connect to the highway at all.
In fact it traverses over the highway.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-cc5.png

Surely they dont mean to bring that down before an alternative is put in place?
RedTerrano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 19:06   #2147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
If this news were to be believed, then the bridge is expected to be demolished in September, maybe as early as 12th - 15th Sep:-

JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 01:47   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
I am not really sure which bridge this is. As far as I know, the road from the highway to enter Kothrud did not have any bridge. The only bridge on that location is the one connecting Bavdhan to NDA road which does not connect to the highway at all. In fact it traverses over the highway.

Currently, there IS ONE way to cross the highway from Paud Road towards Mulshi Road. I presume they will make it 'traffic both ways' as against the present one-way from Paud Road towards Mulshi Road.

The chaos will be compounded if someone wants to go from Mulshi Road towards Pashan (or the other way) since this bridge is the ONLY way in that direction.

Or those wanting to go from Paud Road towards Pashan Road?

I cannot says it makes sense, nor does it fall in the category of nonsense.
mygodbole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 11:57   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Chandni chowk bridge demolition scheduled for September 9:

Hindustan Times: Demolition of Chandni chowk old bridge to begin on Sept 9, traffic block of 10 hours.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...573524410.html
Old 8th September 2022, 12:49   #2150
Distinguished - BHPian

The new 4-lane overbridge across the highway connecting Pashan to Sus opened a few days ago. We took the bridge on Day One (it’s right in the neighbourhood) and found it quite nicely made. The old bridge was a relic and crying to be replaced.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-bd7dbfd8833541b693d932c212b87201.jpeg

The exits to and from Sus road (Sus gaon side) were in pretty bad shape till a couple of weeks ago, but should have been done by now. It's a big relief to those of us on the "wrong" side of the highway since the only route across was taking the service road and underpass near the Audi showroom earlier.

Last edited by noopster : 8th September 2022 at 12:52.
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:47   #2151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The new 4-lane overbridge across the highway connecting Pashan to Sus opened a few days ago.
Finally! That was fast (/sarcasm_end)

Has the bridge connecting Mahalunge side and Blueridge/Hinjewadi side also completed? And I wonder what's the status of the Chande/Nande connection.

P.s. Is that pic of the Sus gaon side? Wow! I remember only green hills on that side (been over half a decade since I have been that side).

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th September 2022 at 14:48.
Old 9th September 2022, 18:29   #2152
BHPian

Someone shared this on our society WA group.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-chandani-chowk-diversions.png
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chandani Chowk Traffic Planning.pdf (77.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf Final Diversion Plan (08.09.2022).pdf (96.1 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by RedTerrano : 9th September 2022 at 18:42. Reason: Corrected pdf attachment mess
RedTerrano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 20:40   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would University circle - Bremen Chowk - Hinjewadi Aundh Road be a better option for the commute from Kothrud to Hinjewadi (and back) in this week?
Old 11th September 2022, 21:08   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Has the bridge connecting Mahalunge side and Blueridge/Hinjewadi side also completed? And I wonder what's the status of the Chande/Nande connection
Curiosity took over me and I chose to use this new route on my way to Baner from Hinjewadi. The main bridge is completed(parallel to hanging bridge). However their is one more water body on which bridge needs to be constructed towards Blue ridge side which isn’t. Diversion is there which is pretty bad in rainy season .

Rest of the work is completed more or less in Hinjewadi side. However, Mahalunge side is still dusty and patchy in between.

Chande/Nande is quite ok/nice. This is as communicated to me by my colleagues.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 21:44   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Is the bridge demolition complete or still on going ? The document mentions activity is planned till 15th Sept.
Old 11th September 2022, 22:13   #2156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Would University circle - Bremen Chowk - Hinjewadi Aundh Road be a better option for the commute from Kothrud to Hinjewadi (and back) in this week?
Expect major delays especially inbound from Aundh side in the evenings at the University Circle.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 02:53   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
In short: NO.

You would be better off using Paud Road > Mulshi Road > Pirangut > turn right on to Ghotawade Road towards Godambewadi > Hinjewadi. The road is rough in many sections, but you will be moving. With the new 'diversion' taking traffic from Paud Road to Mulshi Road via the old NDA Road, it should not be too much of a hassle.

The return journey is a different story.

Only ONE jam to negotiate when you cross the highway at Chandni Chowk. Otherwise you will hit traffic at multiple intersections, including University Chowk (not been a circle for many moons), Aundh and Wakad.

Suggestion: ditch the car and buy-borrow-rent a two-wheeler, check out the traffic and then decide on car use. Coordinate with office on two-wheeler day so if you do get stuck in traffic, you will have a ready response.

On the bridge demolition, a little sense seems to have prevailed with news outlets reporting that demolition will follow (not precede) arrangement of alternative routes. Tentative dates range from Sept 15 to Sept 18 depending on the powers that be.

Also, there are pipelines in the area that are complicating traffic management around Chandni Chowk. Khichdi at its worst.
mygodbole is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 08:43   #2158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
On the bridge demolition, a little sense seems to have prevailed with news outlets reporting that demolition will follow (not precede) arrangement of alternative routes. Tentative dates range from Sept 15 to Sept 18 depending on the powers that be.
Joined the Katraj - Dehu road bypass via the Vanaz - Bhusari colony route, en route to Hinjewadi this morning. However, it didn't look like usage of the various diversions had started yet (at 7.40 AM today), as I could enter the highway directly as before. Took 35 mins to reach Phase 1 from Kothrud on my bike (don't use the car for my commute).

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 12th September 2022 at 08:45.
Old 12th September 2022, 20:22   #2159
BHPian

I assume 35 minutes is normal commute time for that stretch. It would be better to assess on a day-to-day basis as the diversions are likely to be opened in a staggered fashion.

Request you to update on status (though it will mean more time spent looking for the changes.)
Old 16th September 2022, 13:08   #2160
BHPian

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-8be16b7ff6164d8f8eef7b4acac9dcd9.jpeg

Had anyone used the Pune metro? Google maps has started to show this section- PCMC to Phuegwadi as north-south corridor running parallel to old highway.

Since I refuel at HP COCO pump in area, was wondering if a joyride is possible to “experience” the metro. Need to know whether stations have any car parking or any alternate place to park for a to and fro journey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks